Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2014 JI MOCK DRAFT

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well that sucks.... I would have taken Charles. 70 receptions last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    the scoring setup is a full 1 point PPR per Johns post.
    Now, of course, I can't complain about AP.
    Very thankful to be a part of this.
    Last edited by eboozer32; 07-10-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I was thinking of Shady, but when they traded for Sproles, I thought his touches would be reduced.
    Can't blame Kelly for trying to extend his career. He was a workhorse last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    I was thinking of Shady, but when they traded for Sproles, I thought his touches would be reduced.
    Can't blame Kelly for trying to extend his career. He was a workhorse last year.
    I didn't see you thought it was Standard. Sorry, I should have made it clearer. There's a lot to read above.

I don't think it changes things much. Norv Turner is AP's OC now. Turners backs average 55 receptions/year. AP is in good hands there, PLUS, he's his own goal line back - which is huge to me.

Charles lost 3 of his o-lineman, and is developing an injury history. My first two are McCoy and Forte, TBH.

I don't think McCoy's touches will go down. Sproles isn't exactly a rushing RB at 31, and I think he's going to replace D-Jax's role coming out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Charles lost 3 of his o-lineman, and is developing an injury history. My first two are McCoy and Forte, TBH.
    Forte is so underrated. Charles f'n Clay is ranked over him on the top 100 list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Forte is so underrated. Charles f'n Clay is ranked over him on the top 100 list.
    I agree totally. I also think that offense will be better this year - assuming Cutler stays on the field.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah, KC really took a beating in FA and they play in a very tough Division(apart from Oakland)
    I also looked at the SOS and the 2 backs who are top 5 with the easiest schedule are AP and McCoy.
    Forte saved my ASS last yr. He was a STUD!
    Can't lose with AP.... After I win this thing I can look back and see how fortunate I was getting him!
    I didn't see you thought it was Standard. Sorry, I should have made it clearer. There's a lot to read above.

I don't think it changes things much. Norv Turner is AP's OC now. Turners backs average 55 receptions/year. AP is in good hands there, PLUS, he's his own goal line back - which is huge to me.

I don't think McCoy's touches will go down. Sproles isn't exactly a rushing RB at 31, and I think he's going to replace D-Jax's role coming out of the backfield.

Just a reminder that DCat is on the clock.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just a reminder that DCat is on the clock.
    What do you think of AP's value now that he has Turner as his OC?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And where do you take Rice this year?

What do you think of AP's value now that he has Turner as his OC?
    I'm down on AP for many reasons (age) but primarily because Minnesota looks like they will be garbage this season. I have him ranked 3rd after Charles and McCoy but I'd take Forte and Lacy over him as well. He is still an Elite RB but I generally downgrade players on teams I think will not score much. I see Bridgewater as 2013 Geno Smith.

And where do you take Rice this year?
    Rice is someone I'd consider in the 12th to 13th rounds. He played and sucked last season and he's looking at a 6 game suspension. Pierce could easily win the job but Rice's best case scenario is a 50/50 time share. He will not be on any of my fantasy teams.

Veteran
    Rice is someone I'd consider in the 12th to 13th rounds. He played and sucked last season and he's looking at a 6 game suspension. Pierce could easily win the job but Rice's best case scenario is a 50/50 time share. He will not be on any of my fantasy teams.
    Agree 100%. If anything he's a late waiver wire pick up if he starts to show up or a roster stash in very deep leagues. Still has the benefit of catching passes out of the backfield but he's past his prime and set to be replaced.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He did show up to camp in the best shape the CS has seen in years, down 20 lbs from last year. Looked like he was so fat.

He did show up to camp in the best shape the CS has seen in years, down 20 lbs from last year. Looked like he was so fat.
    He probably couldn't eat due to nerves over possible jail time after he knocked his girlfriend out cold. I think I wouldn't want a prick like that tainting my fantasy squad with his bad mojo.

It is time to assign Charles to DCAT? its an obvious choice at this point

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It is time to assign Charles to DCAT? its an obvious choice at this point
    He's got a few more hours, and then I'll enter Charles to keep things going.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dcat, your inbox is full. Let's make it a goal to make about 2 picks/day to keep this going. Remember to check in while you're on JI.

Dcat, your inbox is full. Let's make it a goal to make about 2 picks/day to keep this going. Remember to check in while you're on JI.
    In the interest of moving things along Lets call it. DCat takes the obvious choice of Jamal Charles

JetsInsider.com Legend
    With the third pick, Dcat selects Jamaal Charles.

Chiefst2000 is on the clock!

I've thought long and hard on this one. I love Eddie Lacy this season and I see him as a top 5 back with potential to end top three. Still this being a full 1 point PPR mock, Lacy's usage in the passing game is not completely clear. Therefore I'm going with Matt Forte and his 75 potential receptions.