Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2014 JI MOCK DRAFT

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I've thought long and hard on this one. I love Eddie Lacy this season and I see him as a top 5 back with potential to end top three. Still this being a full 1 point PPR mock, Lacy's usage in the passing game is not completely clear. Therefore I'm going with Matt Forte and his 75 potential receptions.
    Great choice - Forte is still somehow severely overlooked in many leagues.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I've thought long and hard on this one. I love Eddie Lacy this season and I see him as a top 5 back with potential to end top three. Still this being a full 1 point PPR mock, Lacy's usage in the passing game is not completely clear. Therefore I'm going with Matt Forte and his 75 potential receptions.
    MarkyMarkSanchez on the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by JCappy View Post
    Great choice - Forte is still somehow severely overlooked in many leagues.
    Forte is one of those guys that has burned me in the past. He is on the smallish side and has had some injury issues. When da Bears had Lovie as their HC the focus was on D and they often used a seperate goal line back (Bush). As a consequence Forte would rack up yardage and receptions but lack in Tuddies. That said, last season with new HC Trestman, they seem to have switched to a feature back philosophy. Forte's TD's were up as was his reception and yardage totals. Add in the emergence of Alshon J and Martellus Bennet in what is now an explosive passing attack for Chicago. Defenses can't ignore their passing game and Forte gets easier lanes to run through.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Forte is one of those guys that has burned me in the past. He is on the smallish side and has had some injury issues. When da Bears had Lovie as their HC the focus was on D and they often used a seperate goal line back (Bush). As a consequence Forte would rack up yardage and receptions but lack in Tuddies. That said, last season with new HC Trestman, they seem to have switched to a feature back philosophy. Forte's TD's were up as was his reception and yardage totals. Add in the emergence of Alshon J and Martellus Bennet in what is now an explosive passing attack for Chicago. Defenses can't ignore their passing game and Forte gets easier lanes to run through.
    Trestman's RBs average 65 receptions/year. Forte is a lock for 60+

Veteran
    I drafted Spiller in the first in my main league last year and Forte in the second - Forte pretty much single handedly saved my season and got me into the playoffs. Guaranteed points every week.

Quote Originally Posted by JCappy View Post
    I drafted Spiller in the first in my main league last year and Forte in the second - Forte pretty much single handedly saved my season and got me into the playoffs. Guaranteed points every week.
    I had spiller in one of my leagues as well. It was a 12 team league and based on my initial starting lineup I should have been crushed. Wound up starting Bush and Morris in my main RB slots with Spiller in the flex. Going in to the season I had V Jax, D Bowe and S. Smith as my starting WR group. Luckily I drafted Alshon Jeffrey as a late pick. That plus having Vernon Davis (and a lot of luck) saved my season. Finished in second place.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I had spiller in one of my leagues as well. It was a 12 team league and based on my initial starting lineup I should have been crushed. Wound up starting Bush and Morris in my main RB slots with Spiller in the flex. Going in to the season I had V Jax, D Bowe and S. Smith as my starting WR group. Luckily I drafted Alshon Jeffrey as a late pick. That plus having Vernon Davis (and a lot of luck) saved my season. Finished in second place.
    How's this for awful:

I drafted T-Rich, CJ2K and MJD as my first 3 last season.

Sheesh!

My WRs saved me, as I had Gordon, D-Jax, Floyd, Allen (waivers) and Jeffrey (waivers).

I also had Finley.

I lost in the finals because Hauschka missed an extra point.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How's this for awful:

I drafted T-Rich, CJ2K and MJD as my first 3 last season.

Sheesh!

My WRs saved me, as I had Gordon, D-Jax, Floyd, Allen (waivers) and Jeffrey (waivers).

I also had Finley.

I lost in the finals because Hauschka missed an extra point.
    Ugh! CJ2k was alright but T-Rich and MJD were team killers. Nice work making it to second place. Gordon was a huge boost last season as was alshon. It's a reminder how important drafting in the late rounds can be. In my experience leagues are often won or lost by savvy late round drafting

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Ugh! CJ2k was alright but T-Rich and MJD were team killers. Nice work making it to second place. Gordon was a huge boost last season as was alshon. It's a reminder how important drafting in the late rounds can be. In my experience leagues are often won or lost by savvy late round drafting
    The first two rounds should be locks. My first two rounds were horrible (first 3 rounds).

I did my homework last year and had bad luck. I had Finley as well who was lost for the season, and stupid Hauschka misses an extra point? What the hell?

I've been doing my homework this year (I have no life other than my kid). Let's see how it goes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah, 2 years ago I had Charles as my 1st rd. pick and Ryan Matthews as my 2 RB's Both were hurt by game 2 of that season. I also had Santonio(back when he was good) as a #2 WR and he was gone by game 4. Tough Fantasy season. Fortunately I picked up Alfred Morris right before he became a stud.

The first two rounds should be locks. My first two rounds were horrible (first 3 rounds).

I did my homework last year and had bad luck. I had Finley as well who was lost for the season, and stupid Hauschka misses an extra point? What the hell?

I've been doing my homework this year (I have no life other than my kid). Let's see how it goes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah, 2 years ago I had Charles as my 1st rd. pick and Ryan Matthews as my 2 RB's Both were hurt by game 2 of that season. I also had Santonio(back when he was good) as a #2 WR and he was gone by game 4. Tough Fantasy season. Fortunately I picked up Alfred Morris right before he became a stud.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    It's those gems that save you or put you over the top.

It's those gems that save you or put you over the top.
    James Jones has been big time for me the past few years. Sucks he's in Oakland now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'M SCREWED!!

Just realized Vikings playing outdoors at U of Minnesota next 2 seasons. Winters alone in Minnesota suck, now they have to share a field with a college team.... Ouch. On top of that, a rookie QB playing 4-5 games in that cold and wind. That field is going to SUCK! Can we hit the reset button on this thing? With the 1st pick I take McCoy!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'M SCREWED!!

Just realized Vikings playing outdoors at U of Minnesota next 2 seasons. Winters alone in Minnesota suck, now they have to share a field with a college team.... Ouch. On top of that, a rookie QB playing 4-5 games in that cold and wind. That field is going to SUCK! Can we hit the reset button on this thing? With the 1st pick I take McCoy!!
    Haha. No you're not. AP has had some of his biggest games on grass.

Plus it's only a mock. Part of it is that we learn about each pick because we talk about it. You'll kill your real draft.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And with that - let's move it forward.

MarkyMarkSanchez selects Calvin Johnson WR DET 5th overall.

Vinny Testaverde's Niece is on the clock!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah, on grass...... Not he frozen Tundra know as Gopher Stadium.

Plus it's only a mock. Part of it is that we learn about each pick because we talk about it. You'll kill your real draft.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I guess I thought we were setting up a real FFL. That takes the sting out of it....and you're right, this will help when it's time for my other 2 leagues to start up

I guess I thought we were setting up a real FFL. That takes the sting out of it....and you're right, this will help when it's time for my other 2 leagues to start up
    We are setting up a real ji league in another thread. This one is purely a mock for practice. So far we have 5 signups. Need at least 10 to have a legit league. Hopefully it will be an annual thing

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We are setting up a real ji league in another thread. This one is purely a mock for practice. So far we have 5 signups. Need at least 10 to have a legit league. Hopefully it will be an annual thing
    Too early to have a live draft. All the rosters will change/injuries/etc