Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for the Jets Insider Fantasy League

Since we have some action here in the forum this seems like a good time for a signup sheet for the first annual JI Fantasy Football League.

John_0515 and I will act as co-commissioners of this thing. The league will be hosted on Yahoo Fantasy Football. The hosting is free and their mobile app is awesome.

This initial thread is to gauge interest more then anything else. The entry fee will be $100 per team for a $1200 total prize pool. Roster sizes and scoring rules at this point are TBD. Perhaps once everyone is signed up we could post some votes as far as rosters, scoring rules, type of draft etc. For now lets see if we can get at least 10 teams interested.

Funds - In the interest of keeping the funds secure I suggest using a service called leaguesafe. They are a paypal style service designed primarily for fantasy football leagues. They charge a small fee to collect, hold and pay out the funds in fantasy leagues.

This will be a redraft league. Assuming things go as hoped we should be able to reconstitute this league every year.

If you are interested please drop your name below. Many in the current mock have expressed an interest - still please post it here as well.

Once we have sealed the league with at least 12 teams we can discuss draft timing as well as roster and scoring rules.

JI League Teams:

1 ChiefST2000
    2 John_0515
    3. Reviscrowilson
    4. Devsjetsyanks88
    5. NYJ0815
    6. eboozer32
    7.Ron Mexico
    8.Listerfiend
    9.fusion
    10.ray ray19
    11. jetsfaneh
    12. jwrmo

1st Alternate - dmitexxi
    2nd Alternate Smaxor5
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 07-30-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Since we have some action here in the forum this seems like a good time for a signup sheet for the first annual JI Fantasy Football League.

John_0515 and I will act as co-commissioners of this thing. The league will be hosted on Yahoo Fantasy Football. The hosting is free and their mobile app is awesome.

This initial thread is to gauge interest more then anything else. The entry fee will be $100 per team for a $1200 total prize pool. Roster sizes and scoring rules at this point are TBD. Perhaps once everyone is signed up we could post some votes as far as rosters, scoring rules, type of draft etc. For now lets see if we can get at least 10 teams interested.

Funds - In the interest of keeping the funds secure I suggest using a service called leaguesafe. They are a paypal style service designed primarily for fantasy football leagues. They charge a small fee to collect, hold and pay out the funds in fantasy leagues.

This will be a redraft league. Assuming things go as hoped we should be able to reconstitute this league every year.

If you are interested please drop your name below. Many in the current mock have expressed an interest - still please post it here as well.

Once we have sealed the league with at least 12 teams we can discuss draft timing as well as roster and scoring rules.

JI League Teams:

1 ChiefST2000
    2 John_0515
    3. Reviscrowilson

Count me in...Just 1 recommendation set the draft up during the week at night if possible right before week 1.

All Pro
    I'm in

Add another vote to RevisCroWilson's recommendation of doing it on a week night.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 07-10-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm in

Add another vote to RevisCroWilson's recommendation of doing it on a week night.
    I'm definately down for a weeknight draft. I also thought of the possibility of an in forum slow draft similar to the mock but ideally an online draft is ideal

Banned
    Oh I am excited for this! are we going to make transactions cost anything? maybe every add /drop is $1.00 and trades are $5.00?

The only reason id avoid additional fees is the hassle of collecting the funds. I think we keep it straight forward at least for the first season.

Rookie
    Ideally, I'd like a bit cheaper of a buy-in...but I can do $100 If that's the popular preference. Leaguesafe is a really good idea. Friend of mine used it for FSTA last year and said it made managing funds really easy.

Update - So far we have 6 teams committed for this Jets Insider Official Fantasy Football startup league. I'd say we need at least four more teams to make this happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Update - So far we have 6 teams committed for this Jets Insider Official Fantasy Football startup league. I'd say we need at least four more teams to make this happen.
    Plenty of time. Hopefully the Mock Draft draws interest as we go. The best part of the Mock Draft is the middle rounds, IMO! And the discussions that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Plenty of time. Hopefully the Mock Draft draws interest as we go. The best part of the Mock Draft is the middle rounds, IMO! And the discussions that follow.
    Yes, this format for a mock really allows for some analysis. Its a good primer for "Real Drafts"

All Pro
    Still plenty of time, I'm sure it'll fill up. But yes, definitely need at least 10 teams to make this a go.

Banned
    Now that the mock is over hopefully we can get the real draft to 12 teams.

Agreed. 4 more teams needed to get a league going. Let's keep it all JI.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hello,

I would be interested.

Best,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    Hello,

I would be interested.

Best,

Paul
    Your in! 3-5 more spots left!

I want in! Exactly the type of league I am looking for. With fellow Jets fans.

Your in. We are at 11 right now. One more spot available

I believe we have 12 teams now. Ill sort everything out in the morning

OK here's where we are at. We've had 13 people express interest in joining the league. Thats 12 teams plus one alternate team in case anyone backs out.

I will consult with john today and we will set up the league and begin sending out invites via PM.

The league will be hosted on yahoo fantasy. I'd like to run the league dues through leaguesafe which is a service designed for fantasy league dues. Most of us don't know each other so using leaguesafe will handle the funds and payout the winners.

More details will follow.

Waterboy
    Im interested in being an alternate if anyone drops out