I'd like to first thank everyone that participated in the Official JI Fantasy Football Mock Draft that was held here in the Fantasy Sports forum a couple of weeks ago. The idea for the mock and the ensuing JI season long fantasy league was dreamed up by myself and fellow JIer John_0515. The idea was to spark up some action here in the Fantasy Football forum. I love the Jets and I love fantasy football.

Anyway the season long league was quickly filled up. Unfortunately we weren't able to accommodate everyone that was interested. There are challenges to season long leagues that make things tricky including collecting dues and scheduling a draft date that everyone is available for. I had another idea that can accomodate everyone that is interested. A new type of league that is salary cap based and lasts just one week.

Here is the link to enter:

Jets Insider Week One Fantasy Football Contest - All Are Welcome To Join - $5 Entry

Here is how this works. The league is being hosted on Draftkings (a daily fantasy football site based in Boston). Twenty total teams can participate. The weekly entry fee is $5 per team. Your team is salary cap based and every team owner chooses from the same pool of players. This is a salary cap format so there is no need to schedule a time for the draft.

At the end of the week's games prizes are paid out as follows:
PRIZE PAYOUTS

1st $27.00
2nd $22.50
3rd $18.00
4th $13.50
5th $9.00

All the dues and payouts are handled by the host website (draftkings).

Each week I will post that weeks contest link here in the Fantasy Football forum. At the end of the weeks slate I will post a congrats nod to the winners from that week and set up the next week's link. This contest is open to anyone on JetsInsider including the folks that joined the official season long JI league. We only have 20 spots for this league so anyone interested should sign up ASAP. You will need to draft a team to secure your spot. Don't worry that its early. You can change your team at any point up until that particular players game begins. I look forward to some good talk and hopefully to winning some cash! Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread with any questions!