Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MICHAEL SAM MADE A TACKLE!!!!!!! (kind of)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    Then try explaining.
    DOJ - don't bother trying to have a a civilized conversation. It only took a few seconds to be called a racist. (What a surprise) Keep going and there will be more goodies for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Tiger Woods missed the cut at the PGA Championship. Rory McIlroy is in the lead, in great position for career major #4 at the age of 25.

Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater made their NFL debuts.

Ed O'Bannon won his lawsuit against the NCAA. A decision which could have a monumental impact on the sports landscape.

What's the lead story on ESPN? Michael Sam made a tackle! (and registered a QB hit!)

I didn't have a problem with them showing him kissing his boyfriend when he was drafted. I thought that was fine. The draft is a spectacle. But this bothered me. We are now in the "football" part of the football season. Michael Sam is a 3rd string DE on the St. Louis Rams. He shouldn't be 90% of the Saints-Rams highlight, and he definitely shouldn't be the lead story when there's actual news to report. Unless he's making highlight worthy plays or someone says something ignorant to the press, we shouldn't be hearing much of anything about Michael Sam until we find out if he's made the team or not.
    If Michael Sam made a tackle and the Rams cut him, they are homophobic. I would expect Goodell to have an investigation and Mike Lupica, who is still talking about Ray Rice, would have a topic to pontificate on for the entire football season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    DOJ - don't bother trying to have a a civilized conversation. It only took a few seconds to be called a racist. (What a surprise) Keep going and there will be more goodies for you.
    Ha ha ha! And it's not even about race.
    You're right, that's probably where it's heading...more goodies in store which is exactly what goes on in society.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-09-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    If Michael Sam made a tackle and the Rams cut him, they are homophobic. I would expect Goodell to have an investigation and Mike Lupica, who is still talking about Ray Rice, would have a topic to pontificate on for the entire football season.
    If he gets blocked and put on his butt would that be considered a Hate crime??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    False. Nobody called anyone a racist. Read it again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    Then try explaining.
    Um, I think he meant your reference to having something "shoved down your throat"...

All League
    "This isn't a real news story! No one cares! "

Meanwhile, this thread will get to 20 pages with heated debates and will eventually get locked when it gets out of hand. But yeah, you're right op, no one cares. ............

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    See Vernon Gholston to understand.
    What does Gholston, a top 5 pick, have to do with it? If Sam wasn't gay, if he was drafted where he was and never made a tackle you would never know.

That's the point

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Um, I think he meant your reference to having something "shoved down your throat"...
    Ha ha ha ha!!!! That's great. I can't believe I set myself up like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

MICHAEL SAM MADE A TACKLE!!!!!!! (kind of)

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    False. Nobody called anyone a racist. Read it again.
    In fairness, you compared this to racism. Or to how those effected by racism felt. We're not talking about racism, we're talking to the point that if Sam wasn't gay ESPN never, ever would have shown his tackle or talked about it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    "This isn't a real news story! No one cares! "

Meanwhile, this thread will get to 20 pages with heated debates and will eventually get locked when it gets out of hand. But yeah, you're right op, no one cares. ............
    Somebody cares

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    In fairness, you compared this to racism. Or to how those effected by racism felt. We're not talking about racism, we're talking to the point that if Sam wasn't gay ESPN never, ever would have shown his tackle or talked about it.
    Maybe that's what you as an individual are talking about, but that's not what many are talking about. Most don't wanna hear about gays period.

I'm sure racists felt the same way back then.
    Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yeah, Obama is totally responsible for this
    LOL!!! At least it's not George Bush.

All Pro
    Maybe that's what you as an individual are talking about, but that's not what many are talking about. Most don't wanna hear about gays period.
    That's what you see, and hear, but as always the wack jobs are the loudest on both sides of the aisle.

The only fact that's been settled here is that no one wants your gayness shoved anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Rams better pray Sam turns out to be a good player.
    If he does not they can't win. He stinks and they cut him - they're homophobes. He stinks and they keep him - they're afraid to cut him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And if Jackie Robinson wasn't black you never would have heard of him....wait a minute....maybe Michael Sam isn't the gay Jackie Robinson

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    That's what you see, and hear, but as always the wack jobs are the loudest on both sides of the aisle.

The only fact that's been settled here is that no one wants your gayness shoved anywhere.
    Not even just a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

Thanks for the visual.

All Pro
    Where are the reports of what all the other 7th round picks have done so far in training camp? Amirite?