Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MICHAEL SAM MADE A TACKLE!!!!!!! (kind of)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    It shouldn't be a story.

I'm tired of gaynesss being shoved down my throat in politics and so many movies. TV shows are littered with this. And the fake outrage machine will hunt you down if you don't like it. I actually don't want to hear about it.

Only in Obama's America...
    Clearly the words of a BIGOT.

I didnt like the "gayness shoved down my throat" before Obama was president and still don't.....but you got 2 birds with one arrow..kudos

Rookie
    Interesting point on the potential intent. This country has great skill in pitting everyone against each other.

As for the "unfortunate" phrasing, I don't copy. As you admit, it's saturated. I don't have to like it. Nearly all religions don't recognize this and consider this "lifestyle" as sinful. We're taught from an early age not to recognize this yet we're seeing it freely displayed suddenly in a growing number of outlets. I find it hard to believe that ratings dictate the level of attention this is getting. Something more at play there as you suggest.
    Nearly all religions also consider sex prior to marriage a sin as well but I'm sure that didnt stop you did it? Or do you pick and choose which sins we should be outraged about?
    Last edited by Jets_Penguin; 08-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Rookie
    Sorry, I don't see the relevance.
    of course you don't...........lol

All Pro
    I thought he played well last night. He was active and around the ball alot. Good for him.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    DOJ - don't bother trying to have a a civilized conversation. It only took a few seconds to be called a racist. (What a surprise) Keep going and there will be more goodies for you.
    No, he ALMOST had a civilized conversation with a very good point until he dragged in the irrelevant point about Obama. The media is overly focused on this kid and whether or not he makes it but that is nothing more than trying them finding another outlet to express how being gay is "normal". I honestly don't agree with or care about "homiesexuality" but I do get tired of it getting so much publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    Nearly all religions also consider sex prior to marriage a sin as well but I'm sure that didnt stop you did it? Or do you pick and chose which sins we should be outraged about?
    And I thought this would be a boring thread...

All League
    He lost all credibility as an agenda-less player, when, after telling everyone he "just wants to be known as Michael Sam, the Football Player", he decided to use his draft moment as an opportunity to showcase himself on National TV shoving his tongue down some kids throat and making out, and then negotiating a TV deal with Oprah.

And no, having watched the draft for a couple of decades now, I have never seen ANY drafted players first reaction to getting drafted be a Tonsil Hockey session with ANYONE. Its was just..weird.

The weeping is getting to be a bit much and seemingly common nowadays, but understandable. But the, "Hey, I'm on National TV! Time for a deep and offputting makout session!" That was a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    He lost all credibility as an agenda-less player, when, after telling everyone he "just wants to be known as Michael Sam, the Football Player", he decided to use his draft moment as an opportunity to showcase himself on National TV shoving his tongue down some kids throat and making out, and then negotiating a TV deal with Oprah.

And no, having watched the draft for a couple of decades now, I have never seen ANY drafted players first reaction to getting drafted be a Tonsil Hockey session with ANYONE. Its was just..weird.

The weeping is getting to be a bit much and seemingly common nowadays, but understandable. But the, "Hey, I'm on National TV! Time for a deep and offputting makout session!" That was a statement.
    +1,000,000
    But you and I are intolerant.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I thought he played well last night. He was active and around the balls alot. Good for him.
    fixed......good point

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Maybe that's what you as an individual are talking about, but that's not what many are talking about. Most don't wanna hear about gays period.
    Well can only speak for myself. I could care less that the guys gay. Maybe that's my problem. I don't get why it's shocking that an athlete can be gay, I'm sure there have been quite a few that we never knew about. Problem is ESPN wants you to think its so rare and so shocking that the mere fact he made a tackle is newsworthy. They have a need to create stories where there is none.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

I didn't have a problem with them showing him kissing his boyfriend when he was drafted. I thought that was fine. The draft is a spectacle. But this bothered me. We are now in the "football" part of the football season. Michael Sam is a 3rd string DE on the St. Louis Rams. He shouldn't be 90% of the Saints-Rams highlight, and he definitely shouldn't be the lead story when there's actual news to report. Unless he's making highlight worthy plays or someone says something ignorant to the press, we shouldn't be hearing much of anything about Michael Sam until we find out if he's made the team or not.

This place makes me laugh on a regular basis. I'm sure you were voicing the same disgust about Tebow when he was a Jet - a backup QB who never played, and yet there was ESPN with a segment every day. I'm sure you were absolutely outraged. The hypocrisy around here never stops.

Charter JI Member
    Preemptive dump

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not even just a little bit?

I thought that's all there was

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

Good point, I don't ever remember seeing this either. I have however seen too many times gay people say that they just want to be treated like everyone else and fit into society but do things that are not "norms" in our society. I have seen much ado about gay parades but never saw a heterosexual parade in my life. Just an example.....sex and intimacy is something that is supposed to be a private matter regardless of who it's with. That is my my beef with the whole situation....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Well can only speak for myself. I could care less that the guys gay. Maybe that's my problem. I don't get why it's shocking that an athlete can be gay, I'm sure there have been quite a few that we never knew about. Problem is ESPN wants you to think its so rare and so shocking that the mere fact he made a tackle is newsworthy. They have a need to create stories where there is none.
    Kerry Rhodes says hi............

Hall Of Fame
    LMAO!!

Mad about ESPN covering a gay dude. Immediately go make thread about it.

Rookie
    Clearly the words of a BIGOT.

I didnt like the "gayness shoved down my throat" before Obama was president and still don't.....but you got 2 birds with one arrow..kudos
    How does that make me a bigot? Again, why should I like it? Because you said so? Isn't this a country of freedoms? How does this make me a bigot? Bigotry is intolerance of someone or something. I don't hate gays. I merely said I'm tired of having it "shoved down my throat" at every media outlet. What, I can't express that?

You're obviously one of the intolerant police members. Fake outrage and blowing smoke. "Blah, blah blah how dare you not like the gay crap that's everywhere"? "Why, you must be a bigot, a racist and anything else I can think of...just evil and oppressive. You must be eliminated."

Rookie
    No, he ALMOST had a civilized conversation with a very good point until he dragged in the irrelevant point about Obama. The media is overly focused on this kid and whether or not he makes it but that is nothing more than trying them finding another outlet to express how being gay is "normal". I honestly don't agree with or care about "homiesexuality" but I do get tired of it getting so much publicity.
    See, more outrage. You're using that comment to justify your anger (fake outrage). It's normal media tactics to forward an agenda of so-called truths by yelling the loudest.

My dig at Obama was for fun as I like to interject that with social issues of the day. But factually, it is spot on. Name me another administration for which such antics have played out. Go ahead. Or just continue bloviating to distract from the real issues.

This thread is priceless........
    Lol

All Pro
    first openly gay tackle...