Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Updates -- Wed Aug 13

All Pro

Camp Updates -- Wed Aug 13

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 30s
    I have not seen TE Jeff Cumberland on the field. He had tightness in his Achilles yesterday. #nyj

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 1m
    No rain (yet) here in Cortland, only sun...#Jets in shells...Decker, Ivory, Patterson, Reeves + Dowling start in rehab area

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 2m
    Eric Decker (quadriceps) and Chris Ivory (ribs) start practice in the rehab area. #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 30m
    Jets are not in pads today. Shells. Last open practice in Cortland. #nyj

All Pro
    Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 25s
    Ivory in for positional drills. Just dropped an easy pass from Vick. #StoneHands #NYJ

Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 1m
    Looks like all of the rehab area guys have at least joined their teammates for positional drills. #NYJ

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 2m
    Looks like CB Dimitri Patterson (various leg ailments) will miss his fifth straight day of practice. He's in the rehab area.
    Expand

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 3m
    Jets' first-team secondary same as past two days: Allen and Lankster at CB, Landry and Jarrett at safety.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 08-13-2014 at 10:48 AM.

All Pro
    Lets hope Allen keeps making plays when the season starts next month.

Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 2m
    Tajh Boyd has thrown 2 INT's with scout team vs. 1st team D. Allen had one and David Harris had the other. #NYJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Lets hope Allen keeps making plays when the season starts next month.

Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 2m
    Tajh Boyd has thrown 2 INT's with scout team vs. 1st team D. Allen had one and David Harris had the other. #NYJ

Dude is developing into a ballhawk before our eyes.

what a disaster Tajh Boyd is. The hell was the point of that pick?

yea yea I know it was 6th round...but still with Geno/Vick/Simms nobody needed Tajh freakin Boyd here. Pick any other position there except gadget/reach project QB

All Pro
    Randy Lange ‏@rlangejets 1m
    Team drills from defense's 10: Zach Sudfeld nifty fingertip grab of Geno Smith fade pass vs S Josh Bush.

Ras-I Dowling back at practice and working as second-team CB in walk-through against starting offense.

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 27s
    Oday Aboushi getting work as RG with starters in walk-through. Brian Winters the LG. Willie Colon, starting RG, had been in earlier.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFuggerHOF View Post

yea yea I know it was 6th round...but still with Geno/Vick/Simms nobody needed Tajh freakin Boyd here. Pick any other position there except gadget/reach project QB
    Just to prove your point:

Boyd picked off again. This time it's Lankster in the end zone. #NYJ

All League

Ridiulous post.

He was a long term project - knowing he had a great arm and athletic but a poor throwing motion and was not even close to being NFL ready - the thought here was take him, see if you can coach him up and in 3 or 4 years he might be a serviceable player.

To call him, or anyone, a disaster of a pick two weeks into training camp is absurd.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Ridiulous post.

He was a long term project - knowing he had a great arm and athletic but a poor throwing motion and was not even close to being NFL ready - the thought here was take him, see if you can coach him up and in 3 or 4 years he might be a serviceable player.

To call him, or anyone, a disaster of a pick two weeks into training camp is absurd.
    Still, it is looking like his best hope is the practice squad.

All League
    Sudfeld looks to be shaping up as the TE1, and it doesn't look to be particularly close

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Still, it is looking like his best hope is the practice squad.
    My best hope is he doesn't waste a spot on our practice squad.

we had much more pressing needs. Honestly a punter made more sense there. Another DB definitely made more sense.

We're going to wait around 3-4 years in the hopes Boyd MAYBE becomes Brad Smith? His stock had seriously fallen...everybody knew before the draft this guy wasn't an NFL player.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Sudfeld looks to be shaping up as the TE1, and it doesn't look to be particularly close
    He could be quite a stud talent at that position. 6'7...he's going to be hard for Geno to overthrow. Pats will rue the day they let him go.

Hall Of Fame
    we had much more pressing needs. Honestly a punter made more sense there. Another DB definitely made more sense.

We're going to wait around 3-4 years in the hopes Boyd MAYBE becomes Brad Smith? His stock had seriously fallen...everybody knew before the draft this guy wasn't an NFL player.
    Another DB would not have made more sense, they drafted two, and signed a number of other players and had other players stashed from last year (Ras I Dowling)

A punter? Errmm, ok, they can also be signed in UDFA, rookie punters are risky unless they have Ray Guy potential and it is readily apparent, most punters coming out are not.

You are trolling here talking about things that you don't have a complete grasp on, pretty much playinf fantasy football.

All League
    Boyd may have more luck if he tries to complete his passes to the DBs

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Ridiulous post.

Maybe a little over the top, but not ridiculous. With Simms in camp, I don't see why the Jets were looking to draft a QB this year that was going to require 3/4 years of coaching to possibly ascend to being a backup. I'm not upset the Jets took Boyd, but I think it's fair for others to question the validity of the pick.

The fact that Rex was likely a huge advocate of Boyd due to personal feelings makes me think there was a little John Conner / Scotty McKnight vibe behind the pick. Which is no good.

All Pro

Here's every pick from Boyd to Reilly. Who would you take instead?

37 213 Tajh Boyd Jets QB Clemson
    38 214 Garrett Gilbert Rams QB Southern Methodist
    39 215 Daniel McCullers Steelers DT Tennessee
    7 1 216 Andre Hal Texans DB Vanderbilt
    2 217 Ted Bolser Redskins TE Indiana
    3 218 Mike Campanaro Ravens WR Wake Forest
    4 219 Travis Carrie Raiders DB Ohio
    5 220 Shamar Stephen Vikings DT Connecticut
    6 221 Randell Johnson Bills LB Florida Atlantic
    7 222 Storm Johnson Jaguars RB Central Florida
    8 223 Brandon Watts Vikings LB Georgia Tech
    9 224 Beau Allen Eagles DT Wisconsin
    10 225 Jabari Price Vikings DB North Carolina
    11 226 Mitchell Van Dyk Rams T Portland State
    12 227 Kiero Small Seahawks RB Arkansas
    13 228 Zach Hocker Redskins K Arkansas
    14 229 Nate Freese Lions K Boston College
    15 230 Rob Blanchflower Steelers TE Massachusetts
    16 231 Ben Gardner Cowboys DE Stanford
    17 232 Ulrick John Colts T Georgia State
    18 233 Trevor Reilly Jets LB Utah

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Maybe a little over the top, but not ridiculous. With Simms in camp, I don't see why the Jets were looking to draft a QB this year that was going to require 3/4 years of coaching to possibly ascend to being a backup. I'm not upset the Jets took Boyd, but I think it's fair for others to question the validity of the pick.

The fact that Rex was likely a huge advocate of Boyd due to personal feelings makes me think there was a little John Conner / Scotty McKnight vibe behind the pick. Which is no good.
    I have to admit that this is a problematic trend. The Jets can't afford to throw away picks on friends of Rex, his kids or insiders. In fact, they should probably stay away from them. (I don't think Conner falls into this category; I think Rex really thought he could play and I don't remember hearing that he or anyone else had a personal connection with him.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another DB would not have made more sense, they drafted two, and signed a number of other players and had other players stashed from last year (Ras I Dowling)

A punter? Errmm, ok, they can also be signed in UDFA, rookie punters are risky unless they have Ray Guy potential and it is readily apparent, most punters coming out are not.

You are trolling here talking about things that you don't have a complete grasp on, pretty much playinf fantasy football.
    He has a valid point Ray.

Reports were that Boyd had a long way to go to become an NFL player. Why spend a draft choice on him then? It's not as if the Jets are so stacked everywhere else that they can afford a throwaway pick on a guy who can't beat out Matt Simms for a roster spot

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 25s
    Ivory in for positional drills. Just dropped an easy pass from Vick. #StoneHands #NYJ

Looks like all of the rehab area guys have at least joined their teammates for positional drills. #NYJ

Looks like CB Dimitri Patterson (various leg ailments) will miss his fifth straight day of practice. He's in the rehab area.
    Expand

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 3m
    Jets' first-team secondary same as past two days: Allen and Lankster at CB, Landry and Jarrett at safety.
    LOL. Or, sad.