Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprised nobody has commended Kyle Wilson on his great performance last night

All League

Surprised nobody has commended Kyle Wilson on his great performance last night

LOL

That TD pass last night was so typical of what Wilson is. It is becoming painfully obvious that Wilson cannot play CB at this level, period. I cannot believe we actually spent a #1 on this guy. You could transplant Linda Blair's head on to Wilsons body and he still would never turn his stupid head around to look for a ball in the air. Seriously, do our DB coaches actually coach him to turn to look for the ball, ever? When I see Wilson play, I think of superstar CB's like Donald Dykes, Jerry Holmes, and the like those who's backs us Jet fans got to know like the backs of our own hands LOL.

Some positives from last night:

Pryor-Will be great if he does not kill someone or himself first. He is a true clean up hitter.

Depth-Looks like we have some depth on both sides, although I wonder what this all means in terms of the RS. We beat up a bunch of nobody's in the 2nd half last night.

Amaro-Looks good, do not understand where all of the negative pub is coming from, he looks like Dustin Keller a bit; big, bruising TE with YAC ability

Hill - Could it be? Could Hill finally be ready contribute? He made a nice block on a run play that sprung CJ for a nice gain. Also made a nice catch using his h a n d s.

IKE-Nice punt block, the guy seemed as if he were all over the field, albeit against deli clerks in the second half.

Geno - Looks better and more confident. I am confident that he will ascend out of the #32 raked QB slot and up into the elite, hopefully sooner than later. I keep hearing that Geno has put in a TON of work in the offseason and into camp. Again, I have no idea where the negative reports are coming from, Geno has done nothing but work his a$$ off according to insider reports I keep hearing, with the exception of Boomer the dope.

Not much else to say really. The sky is most definitely not falling, but I have to admit I am very worried about our starting D, very worried about our starting O-Line's run blocking, the secondary - yikes; and the overall lack of self control and discipline costing mega yardage on penalties. We are nowhere near good enough to overcome so many stupid penalties, although the refereeing last night was incompetent and completely embarrassing. Glad it is only the PS and we still have time to clean up a lot of this mess, but I think we are going to have to look outside for some secondary help for sure, and I would love to find a run blocking guard somewhere that can play because that is a major concern here too. Memo to Rex Ryan and his minions: Keep your collective mouth(s) shut, get to work, and get this thing straightened out. We only have 3 weeks until it counts and an effort like we saw last night will never beat anyone.
    Last edited by ASH1962; 08-17-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Veteran
    If it wasn't for injuries Wilson would be cut. I liked the play of #71 Ben Ijalana the tackle last night.

All League
    and that #77 made a good play too late in the game.

Forgot to give kudos to Bilal Powell last night, love his game. This guy plays like a Jet and comes to play every week regardless of PS or RS.

Veteran
    Not that I love Wilson but Rex said he should have had help over the top on the play. WR was to be doubled and was not.

Hall Of Fame
    agreed. wilson is terrible

but i like ike

im surprised how many people said hill looked good. now to be fair, i was a little distracted by installing a new scope on my rifle with allen keys and bits all around me but i saw nothing spectacular and saw him go over the middle, catch a ball and drop it when he was about to get creamed. hes a scared player. he isnt getting any better, imo

All Pro
    What I thought was interesting about the one Hill reception is that the ball was thrown high where he had no choice but to catch it with his hands. But, he also had the one drop in Q1 where he went over the middle and left his feet before he lost the ball after taking a hit from the Safety.

All League
    he got burned for only 1 td. For Wilson, that's a good game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    What I thought was interesting about the one Hill reception is that the ball was thrown high where he had no choice but to catch it with his hands. But, he also had the one drop in Q1 where he went over the middle and left his feet before he lost the ball after taking a hit from the Safety.
    Even when he "stretched" up for that high ball he didn't look comfortable or fluid doing it, it was like his middle is constricted and he can't fully extend it or something

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL

That TD pass last night was so typical of what Wilson is. It is becoming painfully obvious that Wilson cannot play CB at this level, period. I cannot believe we actually spent a #1 on this guy. You could transplant Linda Blair's head on to Wilsons body and he still would never turn his stupid head around to look for a ball in the air. Seriously, do our DB coaches actually coach him to turn to look for the ball, ever? When I see Wilson play, I think of superstar CB's like Donald Dykes, Jerry Holmes, and the like those who's backs us Jet fans got to know like the backs of our own hands LOL.

Some positives from last night:

Pryor-Will be great if he does not kill someone or himself first. He is a true clean up hitter.

Depth-Looks like we have some depth on both sides, although I wonder what this all means in terms of the RS. We beat up a bunch of nobody's in the 2nd half last night.

Amaro-Looks good, do not understand where all of the negative pub is coming from, he looks like Dustin Keller a bit; big, bruising TE with YAC ability

Hill - Could it be? Could Hill finally be ready contribute? He made a nice block on a run play that sprung CJ for a nice gain. Also made a nice catch using his h a n d s.

IKE-Nice punt block, the guy seemed as if he were all over the field, albeit against deli clerks in the second half.

Geno - Looks better and more confident. I am confident that he will ascend out of the #32 raked QB slot and up into the elite, hopefully sooner than later. I keep hearing that Geno has put in a TON of work in the offseason and into camp. Again, I have no idea where the negative reports are coming from, Geno has done nothing but work his a$$ off according to insider reports I keep hearing, with the exception of Boomer the dope.

Not much else to say really. The sky is most definitely not falling, but I have to admit I am very worried about our starting D, very worried about our starting O-Line's run blocking, the secondary - yikes; and the overall lack of self control and discipline costing mega yardage on penalties. We are nowhere near good enough to overcome so many stupid penalties, although the refereeing last night was incompetent and completely embarrassing. Glad it is only the PS and we still have time to clean up a lot of this mess, but I think we are going to have to look outside for some secondary help for sure, and I would love to find a run blocking guard somewhere that can play because that is a major concern here too. Memo to Rex Ryan and his minions: Keep your collective mouth(s) shut, get to work, and get this thing straightened out. We only have 3 weeks until it counts and an effort like we saw last night will never beat anyone.
    I agree that Wilson is not very good. But I don't think you can coach or teach ball skills. You either have that instinct or you don't. Revis, Cromartie, Milliner are all very good at playing the ball in the air.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL

What was up with Hill and all that fighting? What was he so riled up about that Mangold had to come and get him out? In preseason????? If only he turned that aggressiveness to fighting for the ball. He must be getting really frustrated and seeing the handwriting on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Even when he "stretched" up for that high ball he didn't look comfortable or fluid doing it, it was like his middle is constricted and he can't fully extend it or something
    Watch the replay. I'm pretty sure he trapped the ball against the front of his helmet while he was going down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I finally figured out why Wilson never turns his head.. He has eye's in the back of his head the problem is he's legally blind..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I finally figured out why Wilson never turns his head.. He has eye's in the back of his head the problem is he's legally blind..
    Lmao.

You might be on to something. Goggles Pizzano has been a complete waste of a 1st pick. I don't have the stomach to hit the Wikipedia time machine and see who we left on the board when we made that doozie of a selection.

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Not that I love Wilson but Rex said he should have had help over the top on the play. WR was to be doubled and was not.
    This, right on the money. People love to bash Wilson who is not that bad.........

All League
    Wilson is actually useful as a slot guy with plays in front of him....He never really misses a tackle and covers well

On the other hand, he struggles alot on deep passes where he has to turn and run

Good thing you don't see that much from the slot, and you usually/should have safety help up the middle of the field when they do go that route like last night

Yes, not worth a first rounder but still a good Nickel/slot CB for us

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lmao.

You might be on to something. Goggles Pizzano has been a complete waste of a 1st pick. I don't have the stomach to hit the Wikipedia time machine and see who we left on the board when we made that doozie of a selection.
    He was late 1st rd pick 29 however if we moved up to 23 would could have taken Dez Bryant..

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    This, right on the money. People love to bash Wilson who is not that bad.........
    He's awful

Every time I hear his name I see Cruz going 90+

You would think the rise in crowd noise would make him turn his head ......... Nope. What's the point of having decent coverage if you never ever turn your head ??? At least Lowery could make a play on the ball.

Watched Manningham smoke him repeatedly vs San Fran and he'd talk trash like he wasn't 7 yards behind the play.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Wilson is actually useful as a slot guy with plays in front of him....He never really misses a tackle and covers well

On the other hand, he struggles alot on deep passes where he has to turn and run

Good thing you don't see that much from the slot, and you usually/should have safety help up the middle of the field when they do go that route like last night

Yes, not worth a first rounder but still a good Nickel/slot CB for us
    Wha? A CB in the NFL who not only cannot locate a ball in the air, but also doesn't demonstrate the skill to know when to even look for it, is not good. Nothing about "help over the top" has anything to do with his looking for the ball as the WR is approaching the EZ on a skinny post.

As for him playing what's in front of him; I don't care what the stats at PFT say, he sucks at off ball coverage. All you need to do is look at his alignment (say, last week) in relation to both the yard markers AND the outside CBs to see he really is deficient.

Sorry, he's just not good. Which means he is in fact, bad.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

Erik Smith 2.0. It's wearisome watching him ran after guys down field, lol

no instincts. More of a cover2 guy. He'll be okay in the slot. Didn't get the coverage behind him.....Landry? Whoever, whatever...inexcusable.

It's amazing how loyal Rex is to the guy....just like Erik Smith.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He was late 1st rd pick 29 however if we moved up to 23 would could have taken Dez Bryant..
    Oh Jesus Christ you have no idea how badly I wanted Dez that year. You really have NO. IDEA. I actually turned the draft off after the Cowboys selected him from pure frustration, asking myself why they even took him when they just had Miles Austin blow up for them. Lmao, I was so beyonnnnnnd pissed that we didn't land Bryant....still am.... especially because based off of reports we were a LOCK to take him if he was there. Kyle f*cking Wilson playing the way he does make it that much harder to stomach