Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: I hate to say it but there is racism going on with Geno Smith

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    170

    I hate to say it but there is racism going on with Geno Smith

    The kid may not turn out to be a great player, but the NY media is pretty much lumping into Jamarcus Russell territory which simply isn't fair.

    Why don't you go ahead and compare #1 overall pick Eli Manning's first 20 games to Geno's and get back to me.

    What's the difference?

    Eli was part of the NFL royalty and thus can do no wrong. Geno Smith was vilified by the NFL and NY media for firing his agent-yet nobody dare brought up the stunt Eli Manning pulled on his draft day.

    I was listening to Jim Rome rant on Geno Smith insinuating that he should be out of the NFL for cursing at a fan. I didn't hear anyone wanting to kick Johnny Manziel out of the league-just Johnny being Johnny.

    Kudos to you Geno-Everyone had it out for you from day one...... You may not be a great NFL QB, but I appreciate what you have had to deal with as a 2nd round pick doing his best to lead a franchise.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    dump

  3. #3
    Yep

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    There is always a racist element so technically you can always use it as an excuse. But the fact is that Geno's play and behavior has warranted criticism.

    Eli is a terrible example. Do you remember what was said about Eli before he won the SB? Fans showing up with signs claiming that Eli was adopted. The majority of Giants fans hated him.

    Jim Rome is an idiot and Johnny Manziel has gotten plenty of criticism for his antics.

    I am a Geno supporter but I also have a high standard for what I consider racism.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,002
    Finally someone has the balls to tell it like it is.



    In before the dump

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,965
    Forget all the isms. If Geno plays well, none of the other crap will matter. NY wants a winner, no matter the race

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump
    Racist.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The ZONE, Az
    Posts
    958
    This is news? I thought this was recognized awhile ago..

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,107
    C'MON MAN!

  10. #10
    So the people that want to bench the black guy for the black guy are racists? Gotcha. You might have a case if they were clamoring for Simms but I'm not hearing that.

  11. #11
    Geno's a jet eli's a giant. Giant's own the ny media and no one likes woody woodpecker.

  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    So the people that want to bench the black guy for the black guy are racists? Gotcha. You might have a case if they were clamoring for Simms but I'm not hearing that.
    Nope?

    Eli was given the benefit of the doubt....

    Geno?? Just another Black QB.... Lets face it.. That is the sentiment.

    Take a look at how Luck was portrayed compared to Wilson (before he won the SB) and RG3.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFaninChicago View Post
    Nope?

    Eli was given the benefit of the doubt....

    Geno?? Just another Black QB.... Lets face it.. That is the sentiment.

    Take a look at how Luck was portrayed compared to Wilson (before he won the SB) and RG3.
    Luck is a once in a generation type prospect. Wilson was and is a media darling, considered top 5 without the stats to back it up. RGIII has portrayed himself as an ego maniac willing to throw people under the bus for his short comings. Before he started talking so much he was also a media darling. Kaepernick is completely average but gets lumped in the top QBs in the game.

    Eli was constantly ripped by the media and fans, his coach stood by him and it worked out.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFaninChicago View Post
    Nope?

    Eli was given the benefit of the doubt....

    Geno?? Just another Black QB.... Lets face it.. That is the sentiment.

    Take a look at how Luck was portrayed compared to Wilson (before he won the SB) and RG3.
    Eli was the first pick in the draft and the rookie cap wasn't in place so he was paid a ton. Not to mention what the Giants gave up to trade for him. The investment in Geno is much lower and it is easier to move on. Plus, Giants fans wanted Eli benched before they went on that SB run.

    Your Luck point is just retarded. Luck is the better QB. Russell is on the better team. And there was debate about who was better, RG3 or Luck.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,540
    You should have stopped at Jim Rome. Dump.

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Eli was the first pick in the draft and the rookie cap wasn't in place so he was paid a ton. Not to mention what the Giants gave up to trade for him. The investment in Geno is much lower and it is easier to move on. Plus, Giants fans wanted Eli benched before they went on that SB run.

    Your Luck point is just retarded. Luck is the better QB. Russell is on the better team. And there was debate about who was better, RG3 or Luck.
    Luck wasn't even that great until this year. He was basically anointed from the day he stepped on the field in the NFL.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Eli Manning 67% 9td 5 int 0 fumbles
    Geno 60% 4 td 5 int 4 fumbles

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFaninChicago View Post
    Luck wasn't even that great until this year. He was basically anointed from the day he stepped on the field in the NFL.
    Now you're just trolling

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Eli Manning 67% 9td 5 int 0 fumbles
    Geno 60% 4 td 5 int 4 fumbles
    That's racist!!!!
    Last edited by BX Jet Fan; 10-01-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Did I do it right?

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    Now you're just trolling
    Maybe but he's not wrong. Luck was average statistically, but had a knack for the big moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us