Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NJ Devils Thread

2014-2015 NJ Devils Thread

10/8/14 Great win tonight against the Flyers.

Zajac looked like the odd man out on the top line (maybe due to injury). Even though Cammy had 2 goals it didn't look like the chemistry was there. That might be a positive though because they still put up points and weren't clicking.

Ryder and Henrique look great together. I'd love to see Brunner paired with them or Boucher if Clowe gets injured.

Elias, Havlet, and Zidlicky should play a ton together. That Cezch connection is amazing. The pass from Zids to Elias was beautiful.

If Gionta and Salvador never play another minute in a Devils uniform I'll be happy.

Wtf was Deboer thinking sending the worst faceoff man in the NHL in Gionta on the ice with 4 seconds left. It cost us the lead at the end of the 2nd period.

Cory wasn't anything special, but he stepped up when he had to. The defense really let him out to dry. It's funny that it was Severson's first NHL game and he was probably our best defender and bailed out Andy Greene a few times.

Also WTF Deboer. Salvador played a bunch more minutes than Greene. That alone should get you fired when your worst defenseman plays more minutes than your best.

Sit Tootoo and Gionta. Bring back Gomez (barf), but he's a playmaker and will help our faceoffs. Also bring back Josefson for one of them.

My hopefully line up against FL

Cam-Zajac-Jagr
    Brunner-Elias-Havlet
    Clowe-Rico-Ryder
    Ruutu-Josefson-Gomez

Greene-Severson
    Merrill-Gelinas
    Larsson-Zidlicky
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 10-10-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

DeBoer has always loved Salvador. Only way he DNP is by injury. Was Gomer suited? The Czech connection sounds good.

He's loved Sal since our finals run. Sal was so lucky that year. Every floater he tossed at the net that year got deflected in. If he wasn't our Captain and had a 3.8mil cap hit he'd be cut/sitting. I realize Severson played his way into our lineup and I'm happy about that, but it's at the expense of Larsson. They want to keep Sal there for veteran leadership. The problem is, is he's making mistakes a rookie would make, but he won't get better. It's ****ty to say but I hope he gets injured soon so we don't have to rotate our young defenders. We may give up more goals, but they can make better passes that lead to goals. If Havlet stays healthy that Czech Connection will get us to the playoffs. It's a shame we have Zubrus slowing them down even though he score tonight.

Great game tonight the only really minus was the penalties and the 4th line who commited 5 of them. That line ruined Corys shut out. Other than that I loved what I saw. Ryder continued his great play and our young kids played off defense and chipped in a few goals and assists. Severson is a beast and plays like a vet. That's bad news for Larsson though. The only way he gets in is if there is an injury. Also great to see Cory finally get a win against Luongo.

Let's go Devils! 2-0-0

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Great report. Don't quite understand the love for Larson tho

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Great report. Don't quite understand the love for Larson tho
    Eh I don't love him. I just feel bad for him, but it's his own fault. He's a better player than Salvador at this point. However, our defense would be pretty soft if we played Larsson over Sal. Larsson wouldn't have dropped gloves with Thornton tonight when he tried to goon it up.
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 10-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 33m33 minutes ago
    It wasn't until his 10th start of last season on 11/21 in LA that Schneider got his 2nd win. Devils still had only 12 goals through those 10

Yikessss haha

Great win tonight against a very good Tampa Bay team who should be a top team in the East if they stay healthy. Cory was OUTSTANDING tonight. That save by him and Ruutu in the 1st really set the tone. Nice to see Zajac play well. He looked a little faster tonight and scored his first goal of the season. Merrill and Gelinas looked great tonight. By far our best pairing tonight. Severson also looked good even tho he made a few mistakes. That last penalty on him was weak. Tampa's players seem to go down so easily with any kind of contact. Our guys also couldn't stay on their feet, but that's because the ice was slush tonight. Oh and Cammy has been AMAZING. 4 goals in 3 games. He just looks like he belongs here. I can see why Lou has wanted him hear for so long. As ALWAYS Salvador was **** again. The next good decision he makes this season will be his first. Putting a cone out there would be better and he was a big reason why Tampa scored.

3-0 lets go Devils! We didn't didn't get our 3rd win till Oct. 29 last year (12th game) and only had one 3 game win streak last year.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Thanks for the reviews. I won't get to watch many games working the night shift. O normally don't get to a game until February but these Jets have bored the interest out of football

Thanks for the reviews. I won't get to watch many games working the night shift. O normally don't get to a game until February but these Jets have bored the interest out of football
    You're welcome. I like writing these because it gives me a break from the Jets haha. I know it's early in the season, but this team is playing outstanding. If we can catch a break with injuries it should be a great year.

I wish there was a way for the Devils to land Hertl from the Sharks. The more Czechs the better at this point haha. Throw Larsson, a 2-3 rd pic, and Brunner for him. Idk if that's even enough but I'd add Matteu to that package. Then I'd resign Kaberle to take over for Salvador's corpse. I'd even look into acquring Hemsky (for cheap), or Wheeler who Lou's been linked too for years like Cammy.

Line-ups
    Cammy-Zajac-Jagr
    Hertl-Elias-Havlet
    Clowe-Rico-Ryder
    Ruutu-Gomez-Zubrus

Greene-Severson
    Merrill-Gelinas
    Kaberle-Zids
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 10-15-2014 at 02:22 AM.

All Pro
    First game I'm getting to watch so far this season, been way too busy. Pretty good showing tonight.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Pretty good showing tonight.
    Nice jinx, *******.

This team can't handle speed at all. We were very lucky to get a point tonight. Cory was pretty good, but gave up too many rebounds, and let in a really soft goal. Elias struggled tonight especially at the end of OT. Surprisingly Sal wasn't a huge POS tonight and played ok. Andy Greene needs to step up his play. He's been our 3rd best defenseman this year. Severson keeps impressing, and Brunner keeps proving why he should be in the lineup. Tootoo shouldn't play that many more games this season. It was also nice to see Josefson play well tonight. He should be our 4th line center and not Gionta. Oh and can the NHL please get rid of shoot outs or least have another 3-3 5 min OT after the 4-4.

NJ.com mentioned to DeBoer during his post-game news conference that Pittsburgh practices shootouts at every practice. Sure the Penguins have a bunch of elite scorers, DeBoer was told, before being asked if he’s thought about working on it more.

"If I thought that was the answer, I would do it ... every day," DeBoer answered.

The coach followed with a question of his own.

"Who does that every day in practice? Pittsburgh?"

Yes.

"They do? Really? Are you sure about that?"

"If I had Sidney Crosby, maybe we’d do it every day at practice, too,” DeBoer said.

Can we please fire this moron?

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Time to give Marty a call? Cory is slumping

Time to give Marty a call? Cory is slumping
    Cory is slumping hardcore. He really needs a rest right now. The problem was most of our games were on the road and we had just lost 4 in a row. If only this was NHL15. I'd trade Cory for a stud and sign Marty. Then trade for Cory and again and repeat haha. Tonight was a disaster all around. We had a few weak penalty called against us, but that's no excuse to lose the way we did. I'd play Clemmonson in our next game so Cory is ready for hour short home stretch.

We finally won a shoot out! Time to do shots! **** yes!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    We finally won a shoot out! Time to do shots! **** yes!
    I think when they won the shootout they also inadvertently cured Ebola!!!!!!!!

Also, they gotta do something about Salvador. I was reading your post. He's done. They gotta make Greene captain. I would've been all for keeping Volchenkov and dumping Salvador.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I think when they won the shootout they also inadvertently cured Ebola!!!!!!!!

Also, they gotta do something about Salvador. I was reading your post. He's done. They gotta make Greene captain. I would've been all for keeping Volchenkov and dumping Salvador.
    Tonight was really "Devils" night, so of course we'd end it tonight. Plus the Jets bookend our last two shootout wins.

Sal only got 13 minutes of ice time tonight. Two shifts in the 3rd and none in OT. No wonder we won
    haha. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. Sal gets a mystery injury and we roll with:
    Greene-Severson
    Merrill-Zids
    Gelinas-Larsson

How about Severson tonight? He was great again and saved the game for us in the 3rd when he broke up that 2 on 1 by laying down to block the puck. Also Cory poke checked on the first shootout attempt! He's learning! Haha

Oh and Josefson has to be in the lineup. No more Tootoo bs.
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 10-30-2014 at 11:35 PM.