Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jameis Winston watch

Jameis Winston watch

I am opening a thread that will be the Jameis Winston watch. This means you are to post opinions of his games weekly. This thread will turn into discussion about him during the draft. He is most likely our next qb.

All League
    DUMP

There is a draft forum for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    There is a draft forum for a reason.
    Ok transfer this to the draft forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Ok transfer this to the draft forum.
    I'm not a mod just like you're not Nostradamus.
    Last edited by Hollywood Nosebleed; 10-13-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I'm not a mod. Just take two seconds to learn the forum.
    Jets are not too far away. With Amaro breaking out, and Decker aboard... this team is Winston away from being pretty good. However both weapons are being underused due to awful qb play. Winston is the only answer in this draft. If you want to get Mariota good luck. Mariota is a slightly better version of Kaepernick. No other qb's are elite in this draft.

Veteran
    The only QB that will help the jets isn't even in college yet. Winston=Jamarcus Russell and Ariota=Harrington, and do you remember Geno had much better inflated numbers coming out of West Virginia.

Winston is the chosen one. He will lead the Jets to a championship, guaranteed.

The simple fact is that any of the top 5 QBs in this draft would be an upgrade over Geno. Bottom line is that Geno is a poor decision maker and he has accuracy issues. These are two problem areas which can not be improved dramatically through experience.

Veteran
    This would be a nightmare scenario. Winston is not good

Ya lets draft a QB to lead our team who steals crab legs from a grocery store.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I am opening a thread that will be the Jameis Winston watch. This means you are to post opinions of his games weekly. This thread will turn into discussion about him during the draft. He is most likely our next qb.
    As unpopular as it is to agree with you on this board, I think you are right.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Ya lets draft a QB to lead our team who steals crab legs from a grocery store.
    To all of you that want to keep bashing Winston for his college "transgressions", I recommend that you read Namath's biography written by Mark Kriegel.

All League
    Jameis Winston is a great college QB but I'm not sold on his NFL abilities yet. Would rather have a pro-style QB who can make quicker decisions with the football.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Jameis Winston is a great college QB but I'm not sold on his NFL abilities yet. Would rather have a pro-style QB who can make quicker decisions with the football.
    I'm not sure what games you are watching, Winston plays in a pro style offense and is one of the most accurate passers in college. He's not playing from the spread like Mariota and Hundley.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I'm not sure what games you are watching, Winston plays in a pro style offense and is one of the most accurate passers in college. He's not playing from the spread like Mariota and Hundley.
    Maybe I'm wrong and he's the next Cam Newton/Ben Roethlisberger, but Winston largely plays out of the Shotgun and relies on misdirections a lot that fool college defenses but may not fool NFL defenses. I wouldn't exactly call it a pro-style offense, but for some QBs it can actually work. But I think Winston is far from a sure thing at this point. Not to mention he lacks common sense as evidenced by his actions off the field.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 10-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    You guys are idiots if you are on board with Winston.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    This. He's playing with the most talented team in college and hasn't really looked any better than EJ Manual this season. Get us a smart, big armed, pocket passer + how about a crazy idea of drafting a guy who works out of a pro style offense... Lord knows we can't develop QB's...

A guy like Connor Cook in the 3rd-4th this year would work.

You give Geno some weapons next year see what he can do. Cook goes in late in the season if Geno stinks it up...

If all fails, you then you draft a QB in rd.1 in 2016.
    Hackenberg would be the guy we'd be targeting likely (along with about 5-6 other teams)...
    Closest thing to Andrew Luck in college football.

All League
    I'm not convinced he is the answer. What's his upside? Cam Newton? And what are the chances he is even that good?

NO

We can't have a knucklehead with poor off the field judgment in this market. Winston has talent, but I don't like him as a fit here