Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Bulls?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Didn't soccer end with Czechoslovakia beating French Equatorial Africa for some tiny little plastic trophy in Brazil or somewhere.

Shouldn't this be the offseason where they practice faking injuries to draw red cards?
    no.

no.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Anyone going tonight?
    I was there. They didn't play great in my opinion, but what an exciting comeback. It was a bit of a sparse crowd, but a very good atmosphere. Can't wait for Sunday. It should be a packed house and a hostile environment.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 10-30-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Anyone going to Bello's sunday? I'm probably gonna hang back and watch football. Will cross the bridge to Harrison if I find a cheap seat.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Anyone going to Bello's sunday? I'm probably gonna hang back and watch football. Will cross the bridge to Harrison if I find a cheap seat.
    I'll be there plus 5 others. I'd recommend making your way into the stadium. Playoff match + hated rival + weekend afternoon should equal an electric atmosphere. I really think they're going to win this series too. They outplayed DC in all 3 matches this year and were pretty unlucky to only get 1 result. DC has all the pressure on them, as well. I predict a 2-0 win on Sunday.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Decided to stay east of the river. Good thing as they'd have lost. Nice call on the score.

All Pro
    Decided to stay east of the river. Good thing as they'd have lost. Nice call on the score.
    It definitely wasn't a capacity crowd, but still a great atmosphere. I thought they thoroughly outplayed DC and should have won 4-0. They missed a couple of sitters. I think I'm going to head down to DC on Saturday. RB Front Office is running free buses for all that buy tickets. Can't beat it.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Free buses? That's interesting. Can you bring beer?
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.

All Pro
    Free buses? That's interesting. Can you bring beer?
    You can bring all the food and alcohol you'd like. They just ask for a $5-10 donation for the all you can eat tailgate and to tip the bus drivers. The bus trips are a lot of fun. I did one to DC earlier this season.

All Pro
    Apparently 9 buses filled and counting. Should be some awesome traveling support.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

9!? That's a nice turnout.

Waterboy
    I agree, Thursday's play wasn't they best, official let them hack it up, but it was an awesome last 10 minutes. Was stuck up in Boston over the weekend and couldn't make it.
    Had a RB scarf all weekend and was surprised to see as many NE Revolution fans as I did. But they are moving on in the play offs as well.

One of my pals just mentioned a Jet/Dolphin game in London next October 2015, going to tie in a Chelsea match as well.

All Pro
    Now 12 buses filled and counting. Red Bulls sold out their 1,000 ticket allocation and apparently are going to be allotted more. Going to be the largest traveling support in the history of the club.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Now 12 buses filled and counting. Red Bulls sold out their 1,000 ticket allocation and apparently are going to be allotted more. Going to be the largest traveling support in the history of the club.
    Hope they make your trip a good one. I'm headed into Newark soon. Kilkenny's first stop but Bello's by gametime.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Congrats on the W. Who would you prefer to play? DIDN'T like what I saw vs Columbus. Do we match up better vs NE?

All Pro
    NE looked very good. It's crazy that the next playoff game isn't for another 2 weeks.

All Pro
    Congrats on the W. Who would you prefer to play? DIDN'T like what I saw vs Columbus. Do we match up better vs NE?
    Thanks, Jumba. I prefer Columbus, but that seems highly unlikely. New England has been on a tear and I don't like our chances against them. Jones and Nguyen are very dangerous. However, RBNY has the dangerous players and attack to beat any team in this league when they're clicking. Was there a good RBNY crowd at Bello's today?

First leg of the Conference Finals at RBA is Sunday, November 23rd, time to be determined.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 11-08-2014 at 06:32 PM.

All Pro
    Also, silver lining with playing New England is that that will be a much easier and nicer road trip for the second leg.

All Pro
    Also, silver lining with playing New England is that that will be a much easier and nicer road trip for the second leg.
    Yeah... I don't recommend going to that one. Traffic to Foxboro is normally brutal. But if that 2nd game is on a Sunday. Driving down Sunday Night from Boston to NYC (even in a bus), on Thanksgiving weekend is an awful idea. Unless I have major family obligations, I'm planning on going to that Red Bulls game at home, though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Yeah... I don't recommend going to that one. Traffic to Foxboro is normally brutal. But if that 2nd game is on a Sunday. Driving down Sunday Night from Boston to NYC (even in a bus), on Thanksgiving weekend is an awful idea. Unless I have major family obligations, I'm planning on going to that Red Bulls game at home, though.
    Oh yea, it's going to be a misery going home that Sunday. But, we organized a group of 8 to go up early Friday morning to do Thanksgiving Pt. II and visit a friend that moved up there. Then we'll head to Gilette on Saturday. Sunday will be two full car loads of us hungover, miserably sitting in traffic.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Was there a good RBNY crowd at Bello's today?
    No there was one other person watching the game. In Catas there were 2. Then a few more joined when they switched the other 2 TVs away from the Premier League game. Guess they were all on the bus. Titanic was also quiet, MLS-wise. I heard that Pastor is closing down. the Empire Club will have to find another spot.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-10-2014 at 06:52 PM.