Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Brown, Furgeson Update

All League
    The two Cleveland police officers who killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice did not administer first aid after they shot him down, according to Cleveland officials.

It took almost four minutes before a detective and an FBI agent arrived on the scene and administered first aid on the boy, who was eventually rushed to hospital where he died of his injuries, local station WEWS‑TV reported.

Officer Timothy Loehmann shot Rice on Saturday after he and another officer pulled up to a gazebo where Rice had been spotted playing with a toy gun. Police say the two were unaware of Rice's age and that the gun was harmless.

Authorities released video of the shooting on Wednesday at the behest of Rice's parents.

The footage revealed the few seconds it took for the officers to pull up their car and shoot Rice down. It did not show the following minutes in which they reportedly failed to administer first aid.

A spokesperson for the mayor said both officers are under investigation.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Terrible story.

They didn't have to shoot the person after two seconds. Was the area cleared out? Try to talk to the kid?

Not providing first aid is not looking good.

Brown shooting I got no problem with. This one doesn't look good so far.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Terrible story.

They didn't have to shoot the person after two seconds. Was the area cleared out? Try to talk to the kid?

Not providing first aid is not looking good.

Brown shooting I got no problem with. This one doesn't look good so far.
    Yeah, it was a child. They knew that when they got the call. They never used loud speakers . Just rolled up and executed him. If it was my kid, I'd be in jail for life. Don't know how they live with themselves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Yeah, it was a child. They knew that when they got the call. They never used loud speakers . Just rolled up and executed him. If it was my kid, I'd be in jail for life. Don't know how they live with themselves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    we don't know all the details but it seems like they screwed up. didn't have good communications with 911 caller, didn't try to talk to the guy. didn't provide first aid. very sad story.

now, i am very anti gun. anti fake guns as well. i don't want my kid out with a fake gun. so the parents are at fault also a bit. but come on.