Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help us put up a billboard!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    After yesterday's press conference - my loyal group of Jets fan friends and I (all season ticket holders since the 80's) decided we had finally had enough. But instead of complaining about it on the forums, we decided to take some action and came up with www.FireJohnIdzik.com.

The goal of the site is to raise enough money to put up a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium before the end of the season and let Woody know that we have had it with this clown. The site is not complete yet but we felt it was necessary to get something up by this morning so we worked through the night. Please feel free to go check it out and give us some feedback.

A $10 donation will get your name listed on the online petition.
    A $25 donation will get your name listed on the online petition + an official FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt

The shirts will be ready to ship in 1 week.

Pointless. If it's about boycotting the Jets to try and get the braindead owner to sell (the real source of the problem) then you'll get my money. But this blame on Idzik, who no doubt has done a terrible job so far, but inherited a pile of garbage created by Mike Tannenbaum, is flat out ridiculous.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    People are venting frustration here. Nobody does it in order to get Idzik fired. And it doesn't cost anybody any money. Spending all that money on a billboard is going to result in nothing except like I said, a lot of money being wasted and the Jets being laughed at. Plus nobody even knows where the money is going to end up anyway...

Woody knows how awful this team is. You putting up a billboard is not going to change his opinion. The reason he hasn't fired Idzik yet is that Idzik did not waste his money. The team still sucks, but at least he can argue that it's not like he brought in a lot of players for a lot of money and the team still didn't make the playoffs. That's usually what gets GM's fired. He played it safe, he didn't waste any money and I'm sure Woody appreciates THAT part of it. He looks at the 20 mil. he saved this year, not too shabby. Who cares about another terrible season, the only people that suffer from this are the fans. I'm sure Woody doesn't like it but I think he likes having those 20 mil. a little more.
    That is the most absurd post i have ever read. You think that Idzik came 20million under the cap to save his job in his SECOND year on the job?! And he should get to keep his job because he couldn't get anybody to play here at his price - so he marched out subpar talent and they charged the fans full price to watch it? If that were the case, why bother trading for Harvin? I think you are giving him too much credit. He had no plan.

Practice Squad
    After yesterday's press conference - my loyal group of Jets fan friends and I (all season ticket holders since the 80's) decided we had finally had enough. But instead of complaining about it on the forums, we decided to take some action and came up with www.FireJohnIdzik.com.

The goal of the site is to raise enough money to put up a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium before the end of the season and let Woody know that we have had it with this clown. The site is not complete yet but we felt it was necessary to get something up by this morning so we worked through the night. Please feel free to go check it out and give us some feedback.

A $10 donation will get your name listed on the online petition.
    A $25 donation will get your name listed on the online petition + an official FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt

The shirts will be ready to ship in 1 week.
    LOL -lol
    Thanks but I can make my own T-shirt, although I don't know why I would waste the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everybody is entitled to their opinion… feel free to start www.keepjohnidzik.com and post a billboard right next to ours.
    I think it's f-ing stupid tying to put up a billboard, and begging for donations in the 1st place

If you're going to do it, do it yourself and don't beg for cash

All Pro
    Some Jet fans are never happy until the pitchforks are out ...

It's an endless circle :

Fire the GM, start anew ... lack of success = players' fault (holdover from previous regime) ... spend ages drafting / signing new players ... lack of success = co-ordinators' fault (can't use these great new players we got) ... bring in new co-ordinators & learn new systems ... lack of success = head coach's fault (can't pick the correct co-ordinators) ... bring in new head coach, co-ordinators, systems ... lack of success = GM's fault, and the whole thing starts over. Meanwhile 5 or 6 years (at least) have gone past, and the only winners are the guys selling the pitchforks.

Here's a question - rather than campaigning to get rid of the perceived problem, what do you see the solution to be? Who would you bring in as a GM? And why? Or does that not appeal because it doesn't involve firing everyone?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

It's an endless circle :

Fire the GM, start anew ... lack of success = players' fault (holdover from previous regime) ... spend ages drafting / signing new players ... lack of success = co-ordinators' fault (can't use these great new players we got) ... bring in new co-ordinators & learn new systems ... lack of success = head coach's fault (can't pick the correct co-ordinators) ... bring in new head coach, co-ordinators, systems ... lack of success = GM's fault, and the whole thing starts over. Meanwhile 5 or 6 years (at least) have gone past, and the only winners are the guys selling the pitchforks.

Here's a question - rather than campaigning to get rid of the perceived problem, what do you see the solution to be? Who would you bring in as a GM? And why? Or does that not appeal because it doesn't involve firing everyone?
    I want somebody established… Gruden or Harbaugh are 2 names I would love to start with.. But it is not my job to hire talent..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

It's an endless circle :

I can't speak for others, but I'd rather:

1. Fire Rex as HC. Try and bring him back as DC (doubt it).
    2. Keep Idzik.
    3. Fire Marty and hire Norm Chow or another TRUE WCO mind.
    4. Draft Winston.
    5. Get some G/CB/OLB/S/P help in the draft/FA.

That's literally all we need to do.

All League
    Idzik isn't the problem. Let's give his draft picks a normal amount of time. How many teams around the league are getting INSTANT SUCCESS from a majority of their draft picks?

Now if it's a billboard telling Woody to sell the team, I'm totally for that.

All Pro
    In the age of social media, a billboard is not the way to go. Try a human sacrifice of the most aggrieved among the SOJFs in the parking lot
    and tweet its occurrence wih a posting on YouTube.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedJetsFan View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I'd rather:

1. Fire Rex as HC. Try and bring him back as DC (doubt it).
    2. Keep Idzik.
    3. Fire Marty and hire Norm Chow or another TRUE WCO mind.
    4. Draft Winston.
    5. Get some G/CB/OLB/S/P help in the draft/FA.

That's literally all we need to do.
    That is literally the worst plan I have ever read.
    1. You don't demote your head coach to defensive coordinator.
    2. You know my feelings on Idzik.
    3. If you fire Rex, obviously his entire coaching staff goes too
    4. What happens when Winston goes Winston and is suspended for the entire season next year?
    5. So all we need to fill out this roster is a good guard, cornerback, linebacker, safety & punter?! lol..

Forget Gruden or Harbaugh.. I nominate you for GM

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Idzik isn't the problem. Let's give his draft picks a normal amount of time. How many teams around the league are getting INSTANT SUCCESS from a majority of their draft picks?

Now if it's a billboard telling Woody to sell the team, I'm totally for that.
    Submit your idea… this site is fan driven. If the fans vote on the billboard telling Woody to sell - then that is what it will say.

That is literally the worst plan I have ever read.
    1. You don't demote your head coach to defensive coordinator.
    2. You know my feelings on Idzik.
    3. If you fire Rex, obviously his entire coaching staff goes too
    4. What happens when Winston goes Winston and is suspended for the entire season next year?
    5. So all we need to fill out this roster is a good guard, cornerback, linebacker, safety & punter?! lol..

Forget Gruden or Harbaugh.. I nominate you for GM
    1. Why not?
    2. I don't care about your feelings.
    3. Doesn't have to.
    4. What does that even mean? Winston hasn't done anything wrong. Being falsely accused of rape, and accepting free crab legs from a friend is far from nefarious.
    5. Obviously not. Those are just our biggest holes. EVERY roster has a weakness.

EDIT: Funny you mention Gruden, because he'd probably hire a WCO OC and draft Winston, just like I said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Boycott the games. Then again in two week they'll still get their money from all the Steelers fans.

Hall Of Fame
    A billboard may get a little attention in a small town in Nebraska, but around here I don't think anyone even notices billboards when driving around. Spending money to make a point to a multi billionaire is foolish. Want to send a message? Don't go to the game, don't buy anything inside the stadium, don't buy any jerseys.

Practice Squad
    1. Why not?
    2. I don't care about your feelings.
    3. Doesn't have to.
    4. What does that even mean? Winston hasn't done anything wrong. Being falsely accused of rape, and accepting free crab legs from a friend is far from nefarious.
    5. Obviously not. Those are just our biggest holes. EVERY roster has a weakness.

EDIT: Funny you mention Gruden, because he'd probably hire a WCO OC and draft Winston, just like I said.
    If Gruden comes in, I will put my faith in whatever he decides. I am no GM - but I don't think that we are in a position to draft a guy with red flags like Winston's. The guy can't seem to get out of his own way.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    A billboard may get a little attention in a small town in Nebraska, but around here I don't think anyone even notices billboards when driving around. Spending money to make a point to a multi billionaire is foolish. Want to send a message? Don't go to the gam, don't buy anything inside the stadium, don't buy any jerseys.
    The tickets are already paid for. The PSL's are already paid for. Not going to the games does absolutely nothing except make it possible for me to do ANYTHING else on a Sunday that won't put me in a 3.5 hour bad mood.

If Gruden comes in, I will put my faith in whatever he decides. I am no GM - but I don't think that we are in a position to draft a guy with red flags like Winston's. The guy can't seem to get out of his own way.
    Gruden is a HUGE proponent of WCO. Winston is the prototypical WCO QB. Drafting Winston and hiring a WCO OC (Chow is just the best example) is EXACTLY what Gruden would do.

Practice Squad
    Gruden is a HUGE proponent of WCO. Winston is the prototypical WCO QB. Drafting Winston and hiring a WCO OC (Chow is just the best example) is EXACTLY what Gruden would do.
    so what you are saying is that you are going to help us get that billboard up so that we can hire Gruden and get your boys Winston/Chow in town?

All Pro
    The real question is - what is the point of complaining about him on a message board? At least this will get the attention of the Jets…
    The jets are well aware of what the fan's mood is here and at other fans sites. If you don't think they have a PR intern doing a report every week, I m sure you are mistaken.

Hall Of Fame
    The tickets are already paid for. The PSL's are already paid for. Not going to the games does absolutely nothing except make it possible for me to do ANYTHING else on a Sunday that won't put me in a 3.5 hour bad mood.
    So sell your seats, you want to spend money to put up a billboard, but you will still be there on Sunday at the games spending money on the team and doing the same thing you have always done. Woody thanks you.