Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 174

Thread: Help us put up a billboard!

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,701
    If there is one thing I love about being a Jet fan, it's that I'm proud to be a fan of a team with such a passionate fanbase that cares as much as I do.

    I admire what you are trying to achieve, but I can tell you this, you absolutely can not judge a GM or his draft classes in 20 months.

    He has made mistakes, however unlike Tanny he has the resources to learn and adapt accordingly. Deep down he knows he's left Rex short, what will make or break him is how he reacts to this debacle.

    If you want to get your point across, then why don't you organise a gameday protest in the stadium through your site?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    so what you are saying is that you are going to help us get that billboard up so that we can hire Gruden and get your boys Winston/Chow in town?
    If it meant getting them, then yes, I'd fire Idzik and hire Gruden. If Idzik was on-board with Gruden as HC? I'd like that even better.

    But why would Gruden come here?

  3. #43
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So sell your seats, you want to spend money to put up a billboard, but you will still be there on Sunday at the games spending money on the team and doing the same thing you have always done. Woody thanks you.
    Maybe you didn't understand my post or I wasn't clear. I am not going to anymore games this season.. But I am not doing that to send some sort of message to Woody Johnson - because obviously he doesn't care about a couple less fans in their seats. I am staying home in order to do something (anything) better with my Sundays. And sell my seats?! To who?! They aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

    Here is a story for you to let you know how worthless Jets tickets have become. My nephew - a 15 year old Jets fan - had the option of sitting with us in our club level seats last game but went to the movies with his grandmother instead because Jets games - in his words - "aren't fun anymore"…

  4. #44
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    If there is one thing I love about being a Jet fan, it's that I'm proud to be a fan of a team with such a passionate fanbase that cares as much as I do.

    I admire what you are trying to achieve, but I can tell you this, you absolutely can not judge a GM or his draft classes in 20 months.

    He has made mistakes, however unlike Tanny he has the resources to learn and adapt accordingly. Deep down he knows he's left Rex short, what will make or break him is how he reacts to this debacle.

    If you want to get your point across, then why don't you organise a gameday protest in the stadium through your site?
    I respect your post - but how can you not judge a draft class when 66% of it is no longer on the team?

  5. #45
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedJetsFan View Post
    If it meant getting them, then yes, I'd fire Idzik and hire Gruden. If Idzik was on-board with Gruden as HC? I'd like that even better.

    But why would Gruden come here?
    hahaha.. Gruden work for Idzik?

    That said.. I gotta go do some real work.. I will check back in later.. I welcome all feedback - both the positive and the negative GFY posts...

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Maybe you didn't understand my post or I wasn't clear. t am not going to anymore games this season.. But I am not doing that to send some sort of message to Woody Johnson - because obviously he doesn't care about a couple less fans in their seats. I am staying home in order to do something (anything) better with my Sundays. And sell my seats?! To who?! They aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

    Here is a story for you to let you know how worthless Jets tickets have become. My nephew - a 15 year old Jets fan - had the option of sitting with us in our club level seats last game but went to the movies with his grandmother instead because Jets games - in his words - "aren't fun anymore"…
    Oh, I thought you were still going because you already bought the tickets. I get it, I was a season ticket holder for many years and have been stuck with unused tickets on many, many occasions. There were times when I couldn't even give the tickets away, I used to give my tickets to the Big Brothers and Big Sisters organization.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    If you really want to see someone's head roll....just stop going to the games. It's that simple. I know Woody has his money already through the PSLs but not filling up the seats is the only sure way to send a message to that prick at the top. Don't waste your own money on something Woody is going to laugh at while people still attend the games....

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    hahaha.. Gruden work for Idzik?
    I don't see why not.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,420
    Plus 1 except for the logo change
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I admire your gumption but the worst thing for this team would be another half measure. Part of the reason we had to settle on this clown was because Rex was mandated.

    We need a proper blow up. Maybe even a logo change for good measure.

  10. #50
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If you really want to see someone's head roll....just stop going to the games. It's that simple. I know Woody has his money already through the PSLs but not filling up the seats is the only sure way to send a message to that prick at the top. Don't waste your own money on something Woody is going to laugh at while people still attend the games....
    I don't see it that way at all. I am a business owner. If somebody posted a billboard next to my office calling for the president of my company's head - it would be VERY embarrassing. The last thing I would do is laugh.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    That is the most absurd post i have ever read. You think that Idzik came 20million under the cap to save his job in his SECOND year on the job?! And he should get to keep his job because he couldn't get anybody to play here at his price - so he marched out subpar talent and they charged the fans full price to watch it? If that were the case, why bother trading for Harvin? I think you are giving him too much credit. He had no plan.
    Nobody said he did it on purpose you dope. He tried to sign a couple bigname free agents, including DRC. They signed with somebody else. Once again: What I said is that this currently is something he has going for him, this is his ace up his sleeve if somebody is going to tell him he needs to be fired. He has an "excuse", a pretty good one when it comes to money. And in the end that's all that matters as far as Woody is concerned. Stick to your delusional thinking that Woody doesn't know that some fans aren't happy with Idzik, stick to your delusions that putting up a silly billboard is going to change a single thing outside of the NFL laughing at whoever decided to put that thing up.

    No offense, but I wouldn't spend a dollar on this because you come off like somebody who's just trying to make a quick buck. That and the idea itself is just stupid. Anyway, that's just me. Good luck with this.

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124

    Help us put up a billboard!

    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    I respect your post - but how can you not judge a draft class when 66% of it is no longer on the team?
    Pryor
    Amaro
    McDougle
    Saunders - gone
    Dozier
    Evans
    George - gone
    Dixon - gone
    Enkmpali
    Boyd - gone
    Enunwa
    Reilly

    First of all, that's 4 out of 12 who aren't on the team anymore, not 66%.

    Second, what do you expect from drafts where most of the picks are in the later rounds? No team in the NFL keeps all its draft picks every year. You hear about success stories but the weekly broadcast doesn't tell you about all the Bengals or Cardinals rookies that didn't pan out. It's extremely myopic to think that this particular draft was noteworthy for the Jets in how bad it was. We won't really know until we see how Pryor grows, McDougle and Evans get on the field, and Dozier challenges for a starting spot next year.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If you really want to see someone's head roll....just stop going to the games. It's that simple. I know Woody has his money already through the PSLs but not filling up the seats is the only sure way to send a message to that prick at the top. Don't waste your own money on something Woody is going to laugh at while people still attend the games....
    RichmondVA_Jets is not going to make any money off of staying home...

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,907
    Owner is not going to listen or pay attention to what the fans do. Fans are just dollar signs to owners. They keep doing what they want because fans keep paying money to see them or buying jerseys. Want to hurt them then stop going to games and leave stadiums empty. As a long time fan, I can continue to support a garbage product or pick a different product which will probably be what I do.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. I am a business owner. If somebody posted a billboard next to my office calling for the president of my company's head - it would be VERY embarrassing. The last thing I would do is laugh.
    The difference is that Woody Johnson is a billionaire, and I'm rather certain you're not (no offense to you in any way)

    Woody Johnson could give 2 fvcks less about a billboard. Hit him in HIS pockets. That's how you bring about change in this case.....

  16. #56
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I admire your gumption but the worst thing for this team would be another half measure. Part of the reason we had to settle on this clown was because Rex was mandated.

    We need a proper blow up. Maybe even a logo change for good measure.
    I am not proposing a half measure.. I am proposing a full scale all-out cleansing. Bradway.. Idzik.. Rex.. the entire coaching staff (especially the WR & special teams coaches) Our QB's.. And if there were anyway to make it happen - I would love to see the owner go too..

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    I respect your post - but how can you not judge a draft class when 66% of it is no longer on the team?
    That's a fair point, he deserves to be held accountable for over half the class not being on the roster, however the ones that are, especially Milliner and Pryor etc can't be judged this early.

    I can't imagine a scenario where Idzik does not get a chance to put this right. Good luck with whatever your goal is, you clearly care.

  18. #58
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    RichmondVA_Jets is not going to make any money off of staying home...
    why are you assuming that I am trying to make money off of this?

    I already stated that i was going to post everybody's name/donation level that donated to our online petition. So if you add up the cost of the billboard + cost of t-shirts/shipping and the amount of donations that we received - it will be 100% transparent that we are not in this to make a buck.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Pryor
    Amaro
    McDougle
    Saunders - gone
    Dozier
    Evans
    George - gone
    Dixon - gone
    Enkmpali
    Boyd - gone
    Enunwa
    Reilly

    First of all, that's 4 out of 12 who aren't on the team anymore, not 66%.

    Second, what do you expect from drafts where most of the picks are in the later rounds? No team in the NFL keeps all its draft picks every year. You hear about success stories but the weekly broadcast doesn't tell you about all the Bengals or Cardinals rookies that didn't pan out. It's extremely myopic to think that this particular draft was noteworthy for the Jets in how bad it was. We won't really know until we see how Pryor grows, McDougle and Evans get on the field, and Dozier challenges for a starting spot next year.
    Exactly.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    The difference is that Woody Johnson is a billionaire, and I'm rather certain you're not (no offense to you in any way)

    Woody Johnson could give 2 fvcks less about a billboard. Hit him in HIS pockets. That's how you bring about change in this case.....
    Like you just said, he's a billionaire, you can't hit him in the pockets, and he's already had PSL owners money.

    Why can't a protest be conducted during a televised game? He could use his site to recruit like minded fans to join them on the terraces.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us