Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 174

Thread: Help us put up a billboard!

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262

    Help us put up a billboard!

    After yesterday's press conference - my loyal group of Jets fan friends and I (all season ticket holders since the 80's) decided we had finally had enough. But instead of complaining about it on the forums, we decided to take some action and came up with www.FireJohnIdzik.com.

    The goal of the site is to raise enough money to put up a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium before the end of the season and let Woody know that we have had it with this clown. The site is not complete yet but we felt it was necessary to get something up by this morning so we worked through the night. Please feel free to go check it out and give us some feedback.

    A $10 donation will get your name listed on the online petition.
    A $25 donation will get your name listed on the online petition + an official FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt

    The shirts will be ready to ship in 1 week.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    I admire your gumption but the worst thing for this team would be another half measure. Part of the reason we had to settle on this clown was because Rex was mandated.

    We need a proper blow up. Maybe even a logo change for good measure.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    8,208
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    After yesterday's press conference - my loyal group of Jets fan friends and I (all season ticket holders since the 80's) decided we had finally had enough. But instead of complaining about it on the forums, we decided to take some action and came up with www.FireJohnIdzik.com.

    The goal of the site is to raise enough money to put up a billboard in the vicinity of MetLife Stadium before the end of the season and let Woody know that we have had it with this clown. The site is not complete yet but we felt it was necessary to get something up by this morning so we worked through the night. Please feel free to go check it out and give us some feedback.

    A $10 donation will get your name listed on the online petition.
    A $25 donation will get your name listed on the online petition + an official FireJohnIdzik.com t-shirt

    The shirts will be ready to ship in 1 week.

    can you add fire rex also on the billboard?

  4. #4
    What's the point of this except for wasting everyone (elses) money and time and give the rest of the NFL one more thing to laugh at?

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    can you add fire rex also on the billboard?
    It will say whatever the fans want it to say.. we are going to accept fan submitted artwork (as well as design a few of our own) and the people who donate will vote on the winner.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,927
    Not everyone wants Idzik fired

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    What's the point of this except for wasting everyone (elses) money and time and give the rest of the NFL one more thing to laugh at?
    I know that there will be some fans who share that sentiment. The point is that we shelled out big money to buy PSL's and tickets and want our voices heard. If the organization needs to be embarrassed so that change is made - so be it. If they were so worried about what the rest of the NFL (and everybody else) thinks, they sure aren't showing it with the product on the field. Yesterday's press conference was the straw that broke the camel's back.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Calling for somebody's job on a billboard is rough. Why can't we just do a message to Woody?

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Not everyone wants Idzik fired
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion… feel free to start www.keepjohnidzik.com and post a billboard right next to ours.

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Calling for somebody's job on a billboard is rough. Why can't we just do a message to Woody?
    Not sure what you mean, but I am all ears… How would you like to send this message?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    I know that there will be some fans who share that sentiment. The point is that we shelled out big money to buy PSL's and tickets and want our voices heard. If the organization needs to be embarrassed so that change is made - so be it. If they were so worried about what the rest of the NFL (and everybody else) thinks, they sure aren't showing it with the product on the field. Yesterday's press conference was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    But what is the point of this? What do you think is going to happen?

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    But what is the point of this? What do you think is going to happen?
    The real question is - what is the point of complaining about him on a message board? At least this will get the attention of the Jets…

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    I know that there will be some fans who share that sentiment. The point is that we shelled out big money to buy PSL's and tickets and want our voices heard. If the organization needs to be embarrassed so that change is made - so be it. If they were so worried about what the rest of the NFL (and everybody else) thinks, they sure aren't showing it with the product on the field. Yesterday's press conference was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Do you think that spending even more of our money will get the attention of the owner - not a chance. The only way that happens is to hinder their income. Tickets and in stadium merchandise is a small portion of a teams income - so a "boycott" there is useless. You want to hurt the team you need to impact their TV revenue stream - good luck with that.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Do you think that spending even more of our money will get the attention of the owner - not a chance. The only way that happens is to hinder their income. Tickets and in stadium merchandise is a small portion of a teams income - so a "boycott" there is useless. You want to hurt the team you need to impact their TV revenue stream - good luck with that.
    We are not trying to hurt the team. We are trying to help it. After the last 2 drafts - do you really want Idzik ruining ANOTHER draft? Do you have any confidence that even if we have a top 3 pick, he will use it wisely? If you do, then go look at our last 2 drafts and what they produced.. One legit starter (Richardson) and a tight end who has shown flashes but has stone hands.

    Idzik is awful… The scouts are awful.. The players are awful.. The coaches are awful..

    It is time to clean house.

  15. #15
    If you're talking about Idzik, I'm not on-board. Give him another year with a new HC.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,393
    You and your friends aren't very smart.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,841
    No.

  18. #18
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedJetsFan View Post
    If you're talking about Idzik, I'm not on-board. Give him another year with a new HC.
    Ok.. let's fast forward that movie… Let's say he brings in a new head coach next year and we go 4-12… Then what.. You fire Idzik? And when you bring in a new GM - you have to fire that coach and let the new GM hire his guy?

    This is an endless circle. If you fire Rex, you have to fire Idzik too.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    The real question is - what is the point of complaining about him on a message board? At least this will get the attention of the Jets…
    People are venting frustration here. Nobody does it in order to get Idzik fired. And it doesn't cost anybody any money. Spending all that money on a billboard is going to result in nothing except like I said, a lot of money being wasted and the Jets being laughed at. Plus nobody even knows where the money is going to end up anyway...

    Woody knows how awful this team is. You putting up a billboard is not going to change his opinion. The reason he hasn't fired Idzik yet is that Idzik did not waste his money. The team still sucks, but at least he can argue that it's not like he brought in a lot of players for a lot of money and the team still didn't make the playoffs. That's usually what gets GM's fired. He played it safe, he didn't waste any money and I'm sure Woody appreciates THAT part of it. He looks at the 20 mil. he saved this year, not too shabby. Who cares about another terrible season, the only people that suffer from this are the fans. I'm sure Woody doesn't like it but I think he likes having those 20 mil. a little more.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Ok.. let's fast forward that movie… Let's say he brings in a new head coach next year and we go 4-12… Then what.. You fire Idzik? And when you bring in a new GM - you have to fire that coach and let the new GM hire his guy?

    This is an endless circle. If you fire Rex, you have to fire Idzik too.
    Yes, why can't you do that?

    Many coaches have been fired after one year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us