Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red light camera tickets now turned into speeding camera tickets. Fascist State

Veteran
    this is utter bull$hit. They have them all over Nassau County. NOw if these scumbags want to play this game they should provide signage flashing when they are active. If not we all be jody foster in the accused

Hall Of Fame

Ragu, I heard if you spray your plate with hairspray (like an aerosol) the camera can't read the plate. Something about the flash reflecting back and screwing up the picture. Don't know if it's true though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    It's beyond unbearable at this point. I feel myself having a nervous breakdown driving on Staten Island lately. These new cameras, the BS tickets that can't be fought or plea-bargained with that scumbag rent a judge Levine, the quality of the roads that ruined 3 of my tires in a week last winter, and worst of all the lack of care when putting up new stoplights. They just added a new turn signal down by me on Page and Amboy to try and help with the congestion. It's like they randomly choose how long the arrow will last, so now what was a 5 minute drive has turned into 10. Add that up over the course of a year and that's an entire day spent at this ****ing light while I watch it turn red to green 4 times before I can get to it.

But hey, at least we have a 2 hour ride on an express bus over here so it's not all bad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Ragu, I heard if you spray your plate with hairspray (like an aerosol) the camera can't read the plate. Something about the flash reflecting back and screwing up the picture. Don't know if it's true though.
    Don't work, those sprays are a scam. And Ragu said these new speed camera's have no flash. Best bet is to buy a Jeep Wranger and go off-roading so that the plate is filthy and unreadable, although you can get ticketed for that too.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    If that's a 10 month total as of last week; then I can't see how they will last. The anxiety is off the charts. Even Ruby can see that the bridges make that in a week; why take chump-change at knife-point?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    they should provide signage flashing when they are active.
    You can tell they're active when the light changes to red.

All Pro
    this is utter bull$hit. They have them all over Nassau County. NOw if these scumbags want to play this game they should provide signage flashing when they are active. If not we all be jody foster in the accused
    I'm pretty sure all of the speed cameras in Nassau County have signs and flashing lights as required by law.

The whole thing is BS. Basically another tax. The claim was that they were installed for safety reasons by schools. To prove it is absolute BS, they put one on the Service Road near Great Neck South High School. The school said that ZERO students walk to school that way and there is a gate there that is locked while school is in session.

When we go through the area now, we just jump on the LIE, stay in the entrance / exit lane and get right back off and completely avoid the speed trap.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of the speed cameras in Nassau County have signs and flashing lights as required by law.

The whole thing is BS. Basically another tax. The claim was that they were installed for safety reasons by schools. To prove it is absolute BS, they put one on the Service Road near Great Neck South High School. The school said that ZERO students walk to school that way and there is a gate there that is locked while school is in session.

When we go through the area now, we just jump on the LIE, stay in the entrance / exit lane and get right back off and completely avoid the speed trap.
    This.

There's no correlation between where these things are, and the dangerosity of a street (ie: high level of accidents..etc). Plus they need power and internet connection, so they'll never be in a remote place where people are effectively puting the pedal to the floor.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    This.

There's no correlation between where these things are, and the dangerosity of a street (ie: high level of accidents..etc). Plus they need power and internet connection, so they'll never be in a remote place where people are effectively puting the pedal to the floor.
    They have solar powered ones now.

people crack me up....they want the gubbmit to jail women who have no signs of Ebola...put don't enforce the speed limits!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    They have solar powered ones now.

people crack me up....they want the gubbmit to jail women who have no signs of Ebola...put don't enforce the speed limits!
    I'm fine with speed limits and cameras, just don't sell me it's for safety reasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Has nothing to do with safety. Its just a money grab by municipalities. The money doesnt even get reinvesting bc the roads still suck and the bridges and overpasses are rotting and crumbling.

But hey, lets get some more bicycle lanes.

All Pro
    The safety reason has already been proven to be BS. Nassau County put in two speed cameras by Great Neck schools for "saftey" reasons. BOTH were not put in the areas suggested because they had the most student traffic. The one at Great Neck North was not put on the high student traffic area because it would not have been on Nassa County property and would not have generated any income to Nassau County.

There are two entrances to Great Neck South. One where nearly all of the student enter and another where almost none of them enter. Of course they chose the one the one where the least student traffic because it's on the service road and will generate more income.

Plus, several yeats ago, Nassau County installed a red light camera at an intersection for safety reasons and upon learning they could not collect the money because it was town property, they immediately removed the camera. I guess the intersection got "safer".

I have had many speeding tickets over the years and never *****ed about them but the reason given behind tgese cameras has been proven to be for generating income, not for safety.

Get ready for EZ Pass to track your speed. You know at some point, it's going to happen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You can tell they're active when the light changes to red.
    Never seen that

Not the speed cam by my house. One side of the street has a flashing sign that shows your speed but that flashed 24/7. camera is on 6-7PM M-F or during "onsite events" the other side has nothing. I avoid that road all together now but im telling you i see people getting blasted with tix. i thinking something more reasonable should be put in place. Also the Special events i think is bull$hit

All Pro
    Never seen that

Not the speed cam by my house. One side of the street has a flashing sign that shows your speed but that flashed 24/7. camera is on 6-7PM M-F or during "onsite events" the other side has nothing. I avoid that road all together now but im telling you i see people getting blasted with tix. i thinking something more reasonable should be put in place. Also the Special events i think is bull$hit
    I pretty damn sure Nassau County law states that there must be a sign. I'm I also think there also has to be a blinking light is also required for a speed camera. Not an actual blinking sign showing the speed, just a blinking light on the sign warning of a speed camera. Not sure is any warning sign is necessary for a red light camera although I have seen some signs.

I use the Waze app on my phone when I drive now all of the time. Not for navigation but because it warns me about all speed and red light cameras. It saves my ass constantly.

Veteran

Get ready for EZ Pass to track your speed. You know at some point, it's going to happen.
    I just assumed they already did.

We use our TX Tag on the HOV lane into Houston every month. The itemized bill shows the exact time, to the second, that we go through each toll area in the HOV lane. Easy math to figure out the speed.

Hall Of Fame
    The safety reason has already been proven to be BS. Nassau County put in two speed cameras by Great Neck schools for "saftey" reasons. BOTH were not put in the areas suggested because they had the most student traffic. The one at Great Neck North was not put on the high student traffic area because it would not have been on Nassa County property and would not have generated any income to Nassau County.

There are two entrances to Great Neck South. One where nearly all of the student enter and another where almost none of them enter. Of course they chose the one the one where the least student traffic because it's on the service road and will generate more income.

Plus, several yeats ago, Nassau County installed a red light camera at an intersection for safety reasons and upon learning they could not collect the money because it was town property, they immediately removed the camera. I guess the intersection got "safer".

I have had many speeding tickets over the years and never *****ed about them but the reason given behind tgese cameras has been proven to be for generating income, not for safety.

All the cameras on staten island have no light flash. Also go through the ez pass express lane on gothals or outerbridge over 25 for express, and 5 yes ****ing 5 for non express no bars to go up, but go 5 ****ing miles an hour 5 ....just try going 5 miles an hour just ****ing try it they will suspend your ez pass for 3 months and hit you with a big fine to get it back. I know where the ****ing camera is on midland and i still got tickets driving as slow as ****ing possible under 20 in the new car. Im starting a petition on these ****ing things. I avoid midland alltogether now. These things are just ticketing at random picking up the wrong cars speed giving 4 cars tickets for one speeder its a total clusterfuk of bullsht
    Last edited by thebigragu; 11-09-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Drive the speed limit.

Leave 5 mins earlier :-)
    Knock off the bullsht country. This from a guy who was driving around with a suspended license and the hick cop let him go when he told him he was getting supplies for work. I forget nothing remember that thread? This is civilization not the hicks plumber. 5 min earlier RIGHT a 25 speed limit is going to cause road rage killings thats right killings

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Knock off the bullsht country. This from a guy who was driving around with a suspended license and the hick cop let him go when he told him he was getting supplies for work. I forget nothing remember that thread? This is civilization not the hicks plumber. 5 min earlier RIGHT a 25 speed limit is going to cause road rage killings thats right killings
    Civilization?

Not the hicks?

Sounds like that show Green Acres.

All Pro

LIGothic, LOFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!