Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll he honest - Black QB

All League

I'll he honest - Black QB

I don't like them. Let's try to keep this thread adult like. I'll explain....

I'll start off with I'm not racist but obviously I am prejudice. There is a difference.

It basically breaks down to one thing, RESULTS.

Show me one that has been top 5 or top 10 even for more then a year or two. Show me one that has won a Superbowl. Yes I'm aware of Doug Williams but I'm talking about a guy that was the reason a team got there and won. I'm not saying it can't happen, obviously Trent dilfer won a Superbowl or even worse Rex Grossman got his team to a Superbowl.

It just makes me hesitate when drafting a QB. Its a reason I didn't like the Geno pick and its a reason Winston makes be nervous. Its not the only reason for these two guys but its one of them.

This same argument could be made for white running backs or CBs.

I feel it kind of falls along the lines of we drafted TEs in the 1st round before and they have all been bust therefore I never want to draft a 1st TE again.

So can someone make an argument otherwise? Can someone prove me wrong or chance my mind?

For the record I hated the Geno pick for many reasons but he is/was the Jets QB so I support him. I'm not one of those fans who doesn't want him to be successful just so I can say I told you so. To many Jets "fans" root against Geno and Sanchez.

All League
    It's ok, I don't like white WR's.
    Last edited by Harrier; 10-31-2014 at 11:01 AM.

All League
    ba bye

Hall Of Fame
    Russell Wilson is pretty good but they also say he's like a white guy so there's that.

I don't see this thread going the way you intend.

All League

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    It's ok, I don't like white WR's.
    Yeah only ones I like are Jordy and Decker the rest are JAGs

And this thread to go to the dump ASAP before this gets ugly. Anyone who equates winning or losing with skin color is a joke of a person. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    This site can't close down soon enough, lol.

All Pro
    Well this is an invitation to the other racists on the board. Take out the hoods fellas and let that hatred flow

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Yeah only ones I like are Jordy and Decker the rest are JAGs

And this thread to go to the dump ASAP before this gets ugly. Anyone who equates winning or losing with skin color is a joke of a person. Period.
    It's not going to last long, although I do think an element of the fanbase has less tolerance with Geno due to skin colour, just my opinion.

But if I was building a team, QB's would be white, as would all o-linemen and TE's.

WR's, CB's, RB's have to be black.

Safety's and d-linemen can be mixed race, and when I say mixed race, I mean white and black not half cast players.

This is going to be a fun thread. +/- 3 pages?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    It's not going to last long, although I do think an element of the fanbase has less tolerance with Geno due to skin colour, just my opinion.

But if I was building a team, QB's would be white, as would all o-linemen and TE's.

WR's, CB's, RB's have to be black.

Safety's and d-linemen can be mixed race, and when I say mixed race, I mean white and black not half cast players.
    I would rather have a Freak Black TE like Gates, or Vernon Davis . Not every White TE is Witten or Gronk LOL.

Agreed on Geno. It's dumb because Geno's playing bad because he's a bad QB. His skin color has nothing to do with his ability to read a defense. LOL people are beyond silly.

A lot of the Winston stuff is racist too. The same people who don't want Winston would have taken Manziel with open arms and he's a bigger douche then Winston could ever be....

All League
    Steve McNair... Lol this thread is such a fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    It's like walking into a Chinese restaurant and seeing 3 Mexican cooks right?

All League
    OP should be banned. No reason to give someone a platform for overt racism unless it is tongue in cheek but does not read that way.

All Pro
    If you are saying that there are no black QBs like Manning, Brady, or Rodgers... Yeah, I'd agree with that. But Russell Wilson was a big reason the Seahawks won the SB last year, Kapernick was a big reason the 49ers were in the Super Bowl the year before that.

THere are dozens of white QBs that suck, I'd guess the % of very good white QBs to bad white QBs is roughly the same for white and black QBs, but there are still far fewer black QBs in the NFL (2000 was the first year where black QBs threw more than 20% of passes in the NFL, a number that hasn't reach since 2003). Basically, if you take a sample size of less QBs, then you are also going to have less great QBs. McNabb takes a lot of ****, but he was a very good QB, so was Steve McNair (though overrated to some degree). Russell Wilson could be great, it's too early to tell. But race as actually defining if a QB is good or not is stupid.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I don't like them. Let's try to keep this thread adult like. I'll explain....

I'll start off with I'm not racist but obviously I am prejudice. There is a difference.

It basically breaks down to one thing, RESULTS.

Show me one that has been top 5 or top 10 even for more then a year or two. Show me one that has won a Superbowl. Yes I'm aware of Doug Williams but I'm talking about a guy that was the reason a team got there and won. I'm not saying it can't happen, obviously Trent dilfer won a Superbowl or even worse Rex Grossman got his team to a Superbowl.

It just makes me hesitate when drafting a QB. Its a reason I didn't like the Geno pick and its a reason Winston makes be nervous. Its not the only reason for these two guys but its one of them.

This same argument could be made for white running backs or CBs.

I feel it kind of falls along the lines of we drafted TEs in the 1st round before and they have all been bust therefore I never want to draft a 1st TE again.

So can someone make an argument otherwise? Can someone prove me wrong or chance my mind?

For the record I hated the Geno pick for many reasons but he is/was the Jets QB so I support him. I'm not one of those fans who doesn't want him to be successful just so I can say I told you so. To many Jets "fans" root against Geno and Sanchez.

It's people like you,that that make me forbid my nine year old son from joining this site. We don't like geno either. Never did. My record proves that. ( I wanted to draft glennon). It had absolutely nothing to do with his skin color. I personally think you're a scumbag. Just my opinion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Steve McNair... Lol this thread is such a fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was the MVP of the league one year (Co MVP with Peyton) got his team to a SB, as did McNabb, Russell Wilson......Warren Moon was great.

Why am I even trying to answer this question.......to judge someone by their skin color is as ignorant as it gets.....sadly I'm sure you're not alone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Black QB's do, in fact, suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Dump Delete Ban

Thanks

All League
    Wow I guess I should have expected this response.

Again I'm not saying I dislike Geno because he is black or any other QB for that matter. I'm just saying we haven't seen one really be successful. Does that mean it can't happen? No but it does give me pause for thought. What is the reason for the lack of success?

One poster mentioned the lack of sample size compared to white QBs. Fair argument.

I for one am really hoping Geno is the one. Perhaps he just needs time.