Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll he honest - Black QB

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    It's people like you,that that make me forbid my nine year old son from joining this site. We don't like geno either. Never did. My record proves that. ( I wanted to draft glennon). It had absolutely nothing to do with his skin color. I personally think you're a scumbag. Just my opinion.
    You have a right to your opinion but I think its a bit uncalled for. I'm didn't attack anyone or say anything racist. Simple trying to discuss a very real yet sensitive subject. The same thing could have been said for black coaches until recent history. Perhaps time will tell.

Again there is nothing wrong with what I said. Again I am in Geno's corner.

You have the right to your opinion OP but this inappropriate, and offensive.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    He was the MVP of the league one year (Co MVP with Peyton) got his team to a SB, as did McNabb, Russell Wilson......Warren Moon was great.

Why am I even trying to answer this question.......to judge someone by their skin color is as ignorant as it gets.....sadly I'm sure you're not alone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Don't bother. Lost cause when people are narrow minded like that. All you can do is laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Russell Wilson is pretty good but they also say he's like a white guy so there's that.

I don't see this thread going the way you intend.
    No, he is not black enough LOL

This thread is putrid

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Black QB's do, in fact, suck.
    Not Steve Young...if Black means "thick ego'd QB's that pull the ball down and start running before the play fully develops" . :chin rub:
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 10-31-2014 at 03:59 PM.

All League
    JI mods, why isn't this pathetic racist banned?

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    If you are saying that there are no black QBs like Manning, Brady, or Rodgers... Yeah, I'd agree with that. But Russell Wilson was a big reason the Seahawks won the SB last year, Kapernick was a big reason the 49ers were in the Super Bowl the year before that.

THere are dozens of white QBs that suck, I'd guess the % of very good white QBs to bad white QBs is roughly the same for white and black QBs, but there are still far fewer black QBs in the NFL (2000 was the first year where black QBs threw more than 20% of passes in the NFL, a number that hasn't reach since 2003). Basically, if you take a sample size of less QBs, then you are also going to have less great QBs. McNabb takes a lot of ****, but he was a very good QB, so was Steve McNair (though overrated to some degree). Russell Wilson could be great, it's too early to tell. But race as actually defining if a QB is good or not is stupid.
    This is too good a post for a non deserving, extremely offensive premise (this thread).

I'll he honest - Black QB

I don't like them. Let's try to keep this thread adult like. I'll explain....

I'll start off with I'm not racist but obviously I am prejudice. There is a difference.

It basically breaks down to one thing, RESULTS.
    Saying "I don't like them" is not using common sense; it brings out the racism before you get out the gate. Steve McNair was a ground breaking black player; and he was a pocket passer of the highest caliber. Already you sound foolish, passing this truth over. You have to work harder if you want to discuss sensitive topics; you have to defeat your own prejudice; and not expect us to do it.

I am in damage control here, due to your insensitivity. It would be easier to ban you; but we'd miss this chance to get intelligent.

All Pro
    Holy ****ing ****. Ban-worthy. And I used to think you were a good poster. Why do this?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    This is too good a post for a non deserving, extremely offensive premise (this thread).

Saying "I don't like them" is not using common sense; it brings out the racism before you get out the gate. Steve McNair was a ground breaking black player; and he was a pocket passer of the highest caliber. Already you sound foolish, passing this truth over. You have to work harder if you want to discuss sensitive topics; you have to defeat your own prejudice; and not expect us to do it.

I am in damage control here, due to your insensitivity. It would be easier to ban you; but we'd miss this chance to get intelligent.

I think the issue for me is I don't want another Geno Smith. I don't want another running QB. Black running QBs do not seem to be having success in the NFL, so when I look at Winston or the kid from Oregon I am not real excited. I was and still am to a certain extent a huge fan of Michael Vick's, but even he has had an up and down career. White QBs with speed like Steve Young have had success. I don't think I am the only one that sees Geno Smith in Mariotta and Winston. Where can we get an Andrew Luck or Brett Favre. RGIII seems to be a bust, Geno has not played well even though he is more of a traditional drop back QB who happens to have wheels. Tim Tebow seems to have been a bust - though I don't think he was given a chance after Denver. Really I would have loved to have seen Brad Smith get a shot. But as far as Mariotta and Winston, I see to much Geno Smith and RGIII in them.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    I think the issue for me is I don't want another Geno Smith. I don't want another running QB. Black running QBs do not seem to be having success in the NFL, so when I look at Winston or the kid from Oregon I am not real excited. I was and still am to a certain extent a huge fan of Michael Vick's, but even he has had an up and down career. White QBs with speed like Steve Young have had success. I don't think I am the only one that sees Geno Smith in Mariotta and Winston. Where can we get an Andrew Luck or Brett Favre. RGIII seems to be a bust, Geno has not played well even though he is more of a traditional drop back QB who happens to have wheels. Tim Tebow seems to have been a bust - though I don't think he was given a chance after Denver. Really I would have loved to have seen Brad Smith get a shot. But as far as Mariotta and Winston, I see to much Geno Smith and RGIII in them.
    I'm done.