Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obungler: Illegal Immigration hurts blue-collar Americans

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Being handy and value of home owner have little correlation.

I try not to do a single thing in the house. Drives my wife crazy. I have thankfully a great handyman who does a lot of this stuff for us. He's from Mexico and was a former illegal immigrant. Now his kid is in college and the handyman also runs a landscaping business and has a few employees. Perfect American dream story and poster for immigration.
    Who are in all likelihood illegal and paid under the table. Which means neither the employer or the employees are paying taxes, FICA, medicare, and all the while they are gobbling services paid for by actual taxpayers like education, medical care, roads, etc.

Yeah that's just great. But seeing as you knowingly employed an illegal yourself, why should you complain, right? Who cares about stiffing your neighbors when it puts a few bucks in your own pocket.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Who are in all likelihood illegal and paid under the table. Which means neither the employer or the employees are paying taxes, FICA, medicare, and all the while they are gobbling services paid for by actual taxpayers like education, medical care, roads, etc.

Yeah that's just great. But seeing as you knowingly employed an illegal yourself, why should you complain, right? Who cares about stiffing your neighbors when it puts a few bucks in your own pocket.
    actually he does pay taxes for himself and employees legal immigrants (now that he's legal - he was illegal many years ago). I have asked him specifically this question.

we pay him $30 an hour for his time and $25 dollars an hour for his workers. I think that's a fair wage given the work they do (yard work, handyman stuff, small painting, changing lightbulbs etc).

Have i occasionally hired the illegals who hang out by the train station - sure i do especially if i have something that i want done right away. But it's probably less than 5 times a year. They generally charge 15-17 a hour. So i do save a few extra dollars in those cases.

i don't know how i am stiffing my neighbors as you say.