Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Amnesty stuff you don't really hear about

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857

    Amnesty stuff you don't really hear about

    gee, I wonder why.
    =============================================
    A White House mass pardon for identity thieves


    President Obama is poised to show his “compassion” this week by granting work cards to an estimated five million illegal immigrants through an imperial executive order. As for the vast, untold number of law-abiding citizens whose identities have been stolen by foreign law-breakers, two words: Tough luck.

    Social Security card fraudsters have made out like bandits thanks to the White House. Their victims are about to get kicked in the teeth again.

    Two years ago, when Obama launched his first administrative amnesty known as “DACA” (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), the White House gave aid and comfort to illegal alien applicants who were concerned that their previous felony identity theft and fraud crimes would preclude them from the new non-deportation benefits. The Department of Homeland (In)security made clear that illegal workers who wanted coveted employment documents would not have to disclose to the feds whether they used stolen Social Security numbers.

    Center for Immigration Studies analyst Jon Feere reported at the time that ethnic lobbyists and open-borders businesses lobbied the Obama administration hard “to keep American victims of ID theft in the dark while shielding unscrupulous businesses from enforcement.” As an Obama official told The New York Times, DHS employees are “not interested in using this as a way to identify one-off cases where some individual may have violated some federal law in an employment relationship.”

    Translation: See no identity theft. Hear no identity theft. Speak no identity theft.

    A high-profile immigration attorney crowed: “Good news for deferred action applicants: If you used a false Social Security card, you need not reveal the number on your deferred action application forms. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has clarified that when the forms ask for an applicant’s Social Security number, it refers to Social Security numbers issued to the applicant. If you used a friend’s number, a made-up number or a stolen number, you should answer N/A for ‘not applicable’ where it asks for the number.”

    Since then, more than 500,000 DACA applications have been approved with abysmal oversight, little public disclosure and total absolution for identity rip-off artists. The latest planned administrative amnesty will dwarf that ongoing fiasco.

    Victimless crimes? Tell that to those who have been harmed by the estimated 75 percent of working-age illegal aliens who have fraudulently used Social Security cards to obtain employment. Tell it to victims in border states with the highest percentages of illegal aliens, where job-related identity theft is rampant.

    Tell it to hardworking Americans like Wisconsinite Robert Guenterberg, whose Social Security number was exploited by illegal aliens for years to buy homes and cars — while the IRS refused to tell the victims about the fraud to protect the thieves’ privacy rights.

    Tell it to U.S. Air Force veteran Marcos Miranda, whose name and Social Security card were filched by an illegal alien to work at a pork slaughterhouse. He was even thrown in jail for unpaid traffic tickets racked up by his identity thief. “Even though I am Hispanic, I am against illegal immigration,” Miranda told the Associated Press. “Even though a lot of them come to work, there are always bad apples. (Identity theft) has really made my perspective … negative about immigration.”

    And what about the children? As the Center for Immigration Studies points out: “Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious consequences in their lives.”

    They include Americans like Jay Di Napoli of Colorado Springs, who has fought for years to clear his name and financial records after his late father — an illegal alien who abandoned his American wife and children — “took my original Social Security card and birth certificate when I was 2 years old.” The criminal “began selling these documents to undocumented workers coming across our border with Mexico. In fact, he sold my Social Security number to illegals over 28 times before his death in 2009, and my number continues to be sold to this day. What’s more, my late father’s actions have caused extremely grave damage in virtually every facet of my life.”

    The amnesty brigade loves to extol the virtues of those who are “doing the work no Americans will do.” But when it comes to punishing illegal workers who have raided the lives of innocent Americans to feloniously secure jobs, mortgages and medical care, mum’s the word.

    Obama’s new “American Dream” is the stuff of hellish nightmares: Reward the law-breakers. Punish the law-abiders. And sell out our national identity in pursuit of cheap votes and cheap labor. R.I.P.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    gee, I wonder why.
    =============================================
    A White House mass pardon for identity thieves


    President Obama is poised to show his “compassion” this week by granting work cards to an estimated five million illegal immigrants through an imperial executive order. As for the vast, untold number of law-abiding citizens whose identities have been stolen by foreign law-breakers, two words: Tough luck.

    Social Security card fraudsters have made out like bandits thanks to the White House. Their victims are about to get kicked in the teeth again.

    Two years ago, when Obama launched his first administrative amnesty known as “DACA” (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), the White House gave aid and comfort to illegal alien applicants who were concerned that their previous felony identity theft and fraud crimes would preclude them from the new non-deportation benefits. The Department of Homeland (In)security made clear that illegal workers who wanted coveted employment documents would not have to disclose to the feds whether they used stolen Social Security numbers.

    Center for Immigration Studies analyst Jon Feere reported at the time that ethnic lobbyists and open-borders businesses lobbied the Obama administration hard “to keep American victims of ID theft in the dark while shielding unscrupulous businesses from enforcement.” As an Obama official told The New York Times, DHS employees are “not interested in using this as a way to identify one-off cases where some individual may have violated some federal law in an employment relationship.”

    Translation: See no identity theft. Hear no identity theft. Speak no identity theft.

    A high-profile immigration attorney crowed: “Good news for deferred action applicants: If you used a false Social Security card, you need not reveal the number on your deferred action application forms. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has clarified that when the forms ask for an applicant’s Social Security number, it refers to Social Security numbers issued to the applicant. If you used a friend’s number, a made-up number or a stolen number, you should answer N/A for ‘not applicable’ where it asks for the number.”

    Since then, more than 500,000 DACA applications have been approved with abysmal oversight, little public disclosure and total absolution for identity rip-off artists. The latest planned administrative amnesty will dwarf that ongoing fiasco.

    Victimless crimes? Tell that to those who have been harmed by the estimated 75 percent of working-age illegal aliens who have fraudulently used Social Security cards to obtain employment. Tell it to victims in border states with the highest percentages of illegal aliens, where job-related identity theft is rampant.

    Tell it to hardworking Americans like Wisconsinite Robert Guenterberg, whose Social Security number was exploited by illegal aliens for years to buy homes and cars — while the IRS refused to tell the victims about the fraud to protect the thieves’ privacy rights.

    Tell it to U.S. Air Force veteran Marcos Miranda, whose name and Social Security card were filched by an illegal alien to work at a pork slaughterhouse. He was even thrown in jail for unpaid traffic tickets racked up by his identity thief. “Even though I am Hispanic, I am against illegal immigration,” Miranda told the Associated Press. “Even though a lot of them come to work, there are always bad apples. (Identity theft) has really made my perspective … negative about immigration.”

    And what about the children? As the Center for Immigration Studies points out: “Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious consequences in their lives.”

    They include Americans like Jay Di Napoli of Colorado Springs, who has fought for years to clear his name and financial records after his late father — an illegal alien who abandoned his American wife and children — “took my original Social Security card and birth certificate when I was 2 years old.” The criminal “began selling these documents to undocumented workers coming across our border with Mexico. In fact, he sold my Social Security number to illegals over 28 times before his death in 2009, and my number continues to be sold to this day. What’s more, my late father’s actions have caused extremely grave damage in virtually every facet of my life.”

    The amnesty brigade loves to extol the virtues of those who are “doing the work no Americans will do.” But when it comes to punishing illegal workers who have raided the lives of innocent Americans to feloniously secure jobs, mortgages and medical care, mum’s the word.

    Obama’s new “American Dream” is the stuff of hellish nightmares: Reward the law-breakers. Punish the law-abiders. And sell out our national identity in pursuit of cheap votes and cheap labor. R.I.P.
    really don't understand why we didn't go ahead and build the fence. clearly a big deal to many people. wouldn't cost that much. maybe nobody really wanted it built outside of the fringe? would cost like 5-10b.

    this fence and a stronger mexican economy would stop a lot of illegal immigration from that country.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    I think this will ultimately backfire on him and the Dems. It is going to gain support amongst Latinos and Asians but I don't see the core of either party supporting this. Polls show that people want some type of "reform" but the devil is in the details and once the details are known they won't support it.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think this will ultimately backfire on him and the Dems. It is going to gain support amongst Latinos and Asians but I don't see the core of either party supporting this. Polls show that people want some type of "reform" but the devil is in the details and once the details are known they won't support it.
    why are asians going to like it?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    why are asians going to like it?
    Fastest growing immigrant population is from Asia. And that is where the highly-skilled tech workers are going to come from that he is targeting by expanding visas.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fastest growing immigrant population is from Asia. And that is where the highly-skilled tech workers are going to come from that he is targeting by expanding visas.
    aren't these for the most part LEGAL immigrants from asia (like my parents). not the illegals?

    you should like these immigrants - highly skilled, productive, non welfare type of people.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    aren't these for the most part LEGAL immigrants from asia (like my parents). not the illegals?

    you should like these immigrants - highly skilled, productive, non welfare type of people.
    Who said anything about illegals? All I said was that they would like it.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who said anything about illegals? All I said was that they would like it.
    Why would legal Asian immigrants who followed the law "like" an amnesty program that forgives all the (mostly Latino) illegals who broke the law?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    H1Bs will be increased, so cheap labor will flood the market, pushing middle class Americans out of IT, engineering, and medical jobs, but that's ok because INCOME INEQUALITY!!!

    oh teh ironing.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    H1Bs will be increased, so cheap labor will flood the market, pushing middle class Americans out of IT, engineering, and medical jobs, but that's ok because INCOME INEQUALITY!!!

    oh teh ironing.
    And Q Visas for the Disney employees!!!

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who said anything about illegals? All I said was that they would like it.
    your post makes no sense. they are coming legally. this isn't really going to benefit them.

    or are you just against any immigration?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    H1Bs will be increased, so cheap labor will flood the market, pushing middle class Americans out of IT, engineering, and medical jobs, but that's ok because INCOME INEQUALITY!!!

    oh teh ironing.
    we don't have enough Americans in IT/Engineering/Medicine.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    Not that complicated. They can both like it even if it is for different reasons. Benefits the illegals (Hispanics) who get the de facto amnesty protection and benefits those that are going to come here from expanding work visas (Asians).

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not that complicated. They can both like it even if it is for different reasons. Benefits the illegals (Hispanics) who get the de facto amnesty protection and benefits those that are going to come here from expanding work visas (Asians).
    got it, didn't realize this included expanding work visas. makes perfect sense. you should love it as well - bring high quality people into the country, they pay taxes and aren't a huge drain on your tax bill. although i suspect only a small minority are in the 20% that are net payers into the system other than the 80% net takers/equal benefit.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    And Q Visas for the Disney employees!!!
    you have nothing to worry about since people used to living w/o plumbing won't become plumbers

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    we don't have enough Americans in IT/Engineering/Medicine.
    there have been studies that refute this myth, but its eagerly pushed by big dollar Dem donors like Zuckerburg, who needs cheap programmers for Facebook.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    there have been studies that refute this myth, but its eagerly pushed by big dollar Dem donors like Zuckerburg, who needs cheap programmers for Facebook.
    In a perfect world these companies would be investing and training American students.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    there have been studies that refute this myth, but its eagerly pushed by big dollar Dem donors like Zuckerburg, who needs cheap programmers for Facebook.
    pretty silly to think that FB looks for cheap programmers. where do you come up with this stuff?

    They bought instagram for what like 15B dollars. they also threw in over $3.5 billion dollars in equity to the 50 employees they had working there at instagram. that's on average like 70mm an employee in FB equity.
    plus if you know anyone that works there it's clearly a really good place to work. well paid, well taken care of. seriously where are you coming up wtih this crap?

    if they wanted cheap programmers they would make their india office bigger. it's easy to find programmers. it's hard to find GOOD programmers.


    according to forbes magazine :

    Facebook was ranked as the top employer for a second time, with an overall company rating of 4.7 out of a possible 5. The social networking site received the highest rating in the 2011 Employees’ Choice Awards and was among the top three in 2012–and it’s no surprise why employees are so satisfied.

    The company offers great perks and benefits that help employees balance their work with their personal lives, including paid vacation days, free food and transportation, $4,000 in cash for new parents, dry cleaning, day care reimbursement, and photo processing. But employees also commented favorably about the opportunity to impact a billion people, the company’s continued commitment to its hacker culture, and trust in their chief executive Mark Zuckerberg.

    Lori Goler, Facebook’s vice president of people and recruiting, told Glassdoor: “We strive to make Facebook a place where everyone is able to have an impact doing what they love. Receiving this award is a testament to the culture of builders we’ve worked hard to create.”

    Fb/GOOGLE/MSFT do want programmers and the such to come here. but they pay well.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    In a perfect world these companies would be investing and training American students.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-and-counting/

    from foxnews so it won't crash your browser. we do have a skills shortage.

    ideally we can find these people here i agree. but not sure why companies should and will invest and train these people. can't these people do it themselves and get their own training? isn't that your whole mantra of folks doing things themselves?

    if obama tried to do something about this skills shortage you would be up in arms about how it's costing YOU as a taxpayer money. (even though a household in your income bracket is a net taker/net neutral of government benefits)

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    there have been studies that refute this myth, but its eagerly pushed by big dollar Dem donors like Zuckerburg, who needs cheap programmers for Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...50985860363920

    2 years ago FB had 700 programmers. Let's say it's gone up 50% since then. 1000 programmers work there.

    Let's say they decide to pay them all an extra 50k a year (extra, more than they make). that would be be a grand total of 50MM a year in increased costs. this is very little to a company that's expected to do 17B in revenues this coming year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us