Thread: There is a political Renaissance going on in Maine right now

Hall Of Fame

There is a political Renaissance going on in Maine right now

And I must say, "I like it". Paul Lepage is the very example of a guy from the other side of the tracks that has grown into a great conservative. At one point even being homeless? Sleeping in his car for crying out loud? ! Yet, he got educated through all the trials and tribulations of his younger life. Eventually becoming the CEO of Marden's Surplus and Salvage. A true Maine success story. Not just Lepage either. On his watch Marden's grew in massive amounts. Lepage got his political experience being the mayor of Waterville, where he cleaned up there financial issues.

As governor, this guy does NOT take sh*t from democrats and he VERY rarely compromises. The state was shut down Saturday until this morning because Lepage absolutely refused to sign any budget raising taxes. He's spent the last 6 years cleaning up the mess created by the last democratic governor.

Most of the prominent democrats in this state hate his guts, but they still cannot impeach his story or success. Lepage just tells it like it is... He claims (and he's right) the only solution at every turn is to create more social programs and raise taxes to pay for it. Hasn't that always been the way of the democrats?

I love the fact that he wants to put more money in peoples pockets so they can make their own wise decisions. Now isn't that the very definition of freedom?
    Last edited by Mainejet; 07-05-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Sounds like a hell of a popular guy in his State.

However I just looked at a survey from mid 2016 and only 43 of the other 49 Governors had higher approval ratings than Mr Renaissance?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sg3; 07-04-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sounds like a hell of a popular guy in his State.

However I just looked at a survey from mid 2016 and only 43 of the other 49 Governors had higher approval ratings than Mr Renaissance?

He's in his second term, sir. The only people that vote in those stupid polls are the democrats anyway. Did you find it at all curious that the national media had their heads firmly inserted up their asses with regards to Trump and Hillary? They completely f*cked up the polls because their all dingbat Democrats.

Hall Of Fame
    I give up.

Enjoy your goosestep

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I give up.

Enjoy your goosestep

I certainly will...........