Thread: 2018 Mid-Term Elections: Democrats Could Trounce Republicans

All League

2018 Mid-Term Elections: Democrats Could Trounce Republicans

https://fivethirtyeight.com/tag/2018-election/

The Democrats’ Wave Could Turn Into A Flood

DEC. 22, 2017
    By Harry Enten

A new CNN survey released this week showed Democrats leading Republicans by an astounding 56 percent to 38 percent on the generic congressional ballot. That’s an 18 percentage point lead among registered voters — a record-breaking result. No other survey taken in November or December in the year before a midterm has found the majority party in the House down by that much since at least the 1938 cycle (as far back as I have data).

And while the CNN poll is a bit of an outlier, the Democratic advantage in the FiveThirtyEight generic ballot aggregate is up to about 12 points, 49.6 percent to 37.4 percent. That average, like the CNN poll, also shows Republicans in worse shape right now than any other majority party at this point in the midterm cycle1 since at least the 1938 election.

So Democrats are up a lot. A lot a lot. But how might a lead this big manifest itself in 2018?

First, Democrats are probably favorites to win the House. Their current advantage is larger than the lead Republicans had at this point in the 1994 cycle, the lead Democrats held at this point in the 2006 cycle or the lead Republicans had at this point in the 2010 cycle. Those were all years when the minority party won control of the House. And a 12 percentage point Democratic advantage in the national House vote come next November would likely be more than enough for the House to flip again. I’ve previously calculated that the Democrats need to win the national House vote by 5.5 to 8 points to win the House.

Hall Of Fame
    Hopefully the GOP bloodbath happens in November with loss of the House and maybe Senate too

Followed by the impeachment of the cause of this GOP debacle in January 2019

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    I'll pass on believing ANYTHING that the Clinton News Network comes up with. The fact is, regardless of what happens in the midterm elections, there isn't a prayer the democrats win back the presidency. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, take your pick of these idiots, I'm telling you right now they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'll pass on believing ANYTHING that the Clinton News Network comes up with. The fact is, regardless of what happens in the midterm elections, there isn't a prayer the democrats win back the presidency. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, take your pick of these idiots, I'm telling you right now they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.
    Want to make another bet?

A pile of dog turds could beat Rump in 2020.....if he is still around to run again

Hall Of Fame
    Looking forward, joyfully to the GOP bloodbath in November.and Impeachment by the Democratic Congress next January unless the MORON resigns earlier

Thanks Trump

Must read

FIRE AND FURY

#1 best seller after one day

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I loathe the Clintons and I have absolutely no use for Democrats.

But Donald Trump's fat mouth is going to have devastating results for the GOP in upcoming elections. It already happened in the Alabama Senate race.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    I loathe the Clintons and I have absolutely no use for Democrats.

But Donald Trump's fat mouth is going to have devastating results for the GOP in upcoming elections. It already happened in the Alabama Senate race.

OK. Now, I finally know I'm dealing with a friendly person.... This is good to know.

My take on the Alabama senate race is that it had NOTHING to do with Trump? That loss was all about accusations made against Roy Moore by democrats pertaining to things that happened 40 years ago. Please tell me HOW you can ever clear your name about things that happened 40 years ago? There is no possible way and that's why the Democrats used that strategy because it does not require the burden of proof and it's impossible to disprove. leave it up to democrats to find a way to the crooked, dirty back door strategy.

Notice how NOTHING has come of all of these accusations now that Roy Moore lost the election?

Hall Of Fame
    Looking forward to your excuses for the Nov GOP bloodbath that is coming.

All caused by your KKK Sh**hole president Rump

All League
    Keep a sharp eye on Donald Trump, MaineJet. He and his whole family were registered Democrats here in NYS before he ran for President. His self-destructive nature leaves me very suspicious. He might want the Democrats to win in November.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Keep a sharp eye on Donald Trump, MaineJet. He and his whole family were registered Democrats here in NYS before he ran for President. His self-destructive nature leaves me very suspicious. He might want the Democrats to win in November.

The fact is Trump has been the most conservative guy in DC since being elected. Trump has never been so self destructive as ruin anything in business or his short political stint? I don't know where you're coming up with this?

Honestly, I see no one from the Democrats that can win against Trump. Trump is a fighter. He goes against the grain of your normal politician. That's why he got elected. He'll probably get reelected for the same reasons and because the American people are prospering on his watch.