Thread: Trump fights fake news with 'awards' for 'most dishonest & corrupt media'

Hall Of Fame

Trump fights fake news with 'awards' for 'most dishonest & corrupt media'

President Trump taunted the media Tuesday night with a mysterious announcement of “the most dishonest & corrupt media awards.”

“I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock,” Trump tweeted, without specifying if the event would take place in the morning or the afternoon. “Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!”

The tweet was the latest shot in a longstanding battle between the president and what he’s derided as the “fake news media.” Based on his past comments, it's clear who could get nominated for the new “awards.”

Throughout the past year, the commander-in-chief often has called out major newspapers and news networks for getting stories wrong, and has questioned their anonymous sources.

“Whenever you see the words ‘sources say’ in the fake news media, and they don’t mention names,” Trump wrote in May 2017, “it is very possible that those sources don’t exist but are made up by fake news writers. #FakeNews is the enemy!”

TRUMP TELLS KIM JONG UN HIS ‘NUCLEAR BUTTON’ IS LARGER, ‘MORE POWERFUL’

For example, Trump slammed the Washington Post in December 2017 for a story claiming he came close to “rescinding” the nomination for Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch prior to his confirmation hearing.

And also, when he called out CNN in a tweet for its report on WikiLeaks documents provided to his campaign. The network eventually backed off its initial report saying the documents weren't public.

Honestly, anyone including the liberals of this country should be able to see that many of the mainstream news outlets consistently report things without verifying their sources, with CNN leading the way for the most irresponsible reporting.

Trump uses twitter as a way to point out and call out those infractions. Now, I could also do without all of the tweeting Trump does? I think he could get a lot farther with his agenda of he just played a little nicer with the left?

But I am 100% on his side when he takes to twitter to point out fake news. I think every president should do that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    President Trump taunted the media Tuesday night with a mysterious announcement of “the most dishonest & corrupt media awards.”

“I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock,” Trump tweeted, without specifying if the event would take place in the morning or the afternoon. “Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!”

The tweet was the latest shot in a longstanding battle between the president and what he’s derided as the “fake news media.” Based on his past comments, it's clear who could get nominated for the new “awards.”

Throughout the past year, the commander-in-chief often has called out major newspapers and news networks for getting stories wrong, and has questioned their anonymous sources.

“Whenever you see the words ‘sources say’ in the fake news media, and they don’t mention names,” Trump wrote in May 2017, “it is very possible that those sources don’t exist but are made up by fake news writers. #FakeNews is the enemy!”

TRUMP TELLS KIM JONG UN HIS ‘NUCLEAR BUTTON’ IS LARGER, ‘MORE POWERFUL’

For example, Trump slammed the Washington Post in December 2017 for a story claiming he came close to “rescinding” the nomination for Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch prior to his confirmation hearing.

And also, when he called out CNN in a tweet for its report on WikiLeaks documents provided to his campaign. The network eventually backed off its initial report saying the documents weren't public.

Honestly, anyone including the liberals of this country should be able to see that many of the mainstream news outlets consistently report things without verifying their sources, with CNN leading the way for the most irresponsible reporting.

Trump uses twitter as a way to point out and call out those infractions. Now, I could also do without all of the tweeting Trump does? I think he could get a lot farther with his agenda of he just played a little nicer with the left?

But I am 100% on his side when he takes to twitter to point out fake news. I think every president should do that.
    Of course you are

Non Fake News

TRUMP IS AN EFFING MORON

period

/end thread

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

All League
    Republican Donald Trump came into his Presidency with Republicans having majorities in the Senate, the House of Representatives, most state legislatures, and most state governors.

And his fat mouth is going to lose all of it to the Democrats.

Not Russian collusion.

Not conspiracy.

Not obstruction of justice.

Just his big, fat mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Republican Donald Trump came into his Presidency with Republicans having majorities in the Senate, the House of Representatives, most state legislatures, and most state governors.

And his fat mouth is going to lose all of it to the Democrats.

Not Russian collusion.

Not conspiracy.

Not obstruction of justice.

Just his big, fat mouth.

Well, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. He does go too far IMO with the tweets. However, the fact of it all is while the cities of this country have one take on Trump, the vast majority of the country outside of cities voted Trump into office. They were glad to see him upset the apple cart. There's a part of me that agrees with that take.

But make no mistake about it, the stock market has never been better. The jobless rate is plummeting. Interest rates remain at all time lows and inflation is totally in check. Those are all signs of a healthy, vibrant economy. If the mainstream media ever actually starts to report the actual news and not this fake Russian collusion crap, Trump will win reelection in a landslide.

BTW, did you happen to notice all of the striking similarities between Trumps tax plan and JFK's tax plan in 1962? It might as well have been a carbon copy. If there is a Mt. Rushmore for the democrats wouldn't JFK be front and center? Meanwhile, these current idiot dems like Nancy Pelosi are so stupid they can't even realize that..........

Hall Of Fame
    I forgot about JFK creating a multi trillion dollar deficit so that 90% of the giveaway of federal dollars went to the Kock Bros and a few other GOP billionaire donors.

Oh that's right...there were no such donors since there were campaign finance limits then. Then along came Rot Forever in He'll Scalia and the Citizens United Scam

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I forgot about JFK creating a multi trillion dollar deficit so that 90% of the giveaway of federal dollars went to the Kock Bros and a few other GOP billionaire donors.

Oh that's right...there were no such donors since there were campaign finance limits then. Then along came Rot Forever in He'll Scalia and the Citizens United Scam
    So because you admit Trump's tax plan mirrors that of JFK, you now step into criticizing JFK? I must say this puts you in your own little political ideology that has nothing to do with what the overwhelming majority of democrats think. Your hatred is showing or shall I say prejudice against Trump? You have no credibility, you just hate for the sake of hating.

All League
    JFK and Bill Clinton. Both Blue Dog Democrats. I can live with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    JFK and Bill Clinton. Both Blue Dog Democrats. I can live with that.

Not sure what you mean by that?

If we rewind back to the 60's, in those days there were two very distinct factions of democrats. You had the conservative liberals and you had the flaming liberals that has dominated the democratic party for years now. JFK was a conservative. I shutter to even say democrat, although that was his party affiliation. He made the very wise choice of creating a tax plan that was very much "mirrored" by Donald Trump today. Trump's tax plan is basically the same line for line with the numbers being much larger for obvious reasons - that was 55 years ago.

Yet, and not surprising, the democrats do not like it. They are dead set against it.

This is case in point, why democrats have shown their hands. They are more interested in trying to derail ANYTHING trump or the conservatives want, rather than what matters for the American people.......