Thread: Is there a trade partner to move the 3?

All Pro

Is there a trade partner to move the 3?

I keep hearing like half the Jets fans saying trade down. What are you thoughts here. Is there anyone willing to give up value to move down? I look at it like this. Assume your getting either a stud DL or a starting LT for the next 10+ years at 3. Macs drafting outside of the 5 doesnt seem good at all. Do you risk giving that up to move down and for what? I absolutely do not see any team willing to move up for any QB here. So lets just put that to rest please. Haskins is by far the top guy and I see his stock falling not rising. Murray and Jones IMO are 3-4 round WC/gadget guys being hyped. Lock seems to have almost no takers IMO. Had the best combine but you can just see he isnt a pro QB talent wise. I can almost see Greir jumping almost all of these guys on draft day as he is my 2nd best QB. That said if there is a talent here I see a trade up for it is Taylor IMO. My question here is do you make that trade knowing that is your best shot to find a LT. Is it worth adding anther 2nd and maybe a pick next year to miss out?

Hall Of Fame
    Use our second pick of the third round couple him with Darron Lee and get a second round pick. Draft Allen at 3.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Use our second pick of the third round couple him with Darron Lee and get a second round pick. Draft Allen at 3.
    No one wants Lee, this isn't Madden Football where you can sign so garbage from the scrap wire and trade them for a 3rd round pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No one wants Lee, this isn't Madden Football where you can sign so garbage from the scrap wire and trade them for a 3rd round pick.
    Scrap heap guy is coming off a very good year. 3 teams have actually been asking. He is likely to be traded for a 3rd. Any less then that and you keep him as a BU. Youll get at least a 4th in comp if he walks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Scrap heap guy is coming off a very good year. 3 teams have actually been asking. He is likely to be traded for a 3rd. Any less then that and you keep him as a BU. Youll get at least a 4th in comp if he walks.
    If you can get a three for him it's stealing, maybe a 5th or 5th as rotational depth.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If you can get a three for him it's stealing, maybe a 5th or 5th as rotational depth.
    Youll get more then that if he walks. LOL Cap isnt an issue. We arent moving him just to save a few bucks.

All League