Thread: Jets fire McCagganan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

All Pro
    Oddly like the move. Didnt have faith in Mac but you just gave him 100mil and a full set of draft picks. Didnt see this coming. Gase has a lot of people around him that know how to build a team. I would have named Vitt interm GM thou not Gase. Macs best ability was in season trades. We need to make a few of them now so it seems untimely. Maybe Mac will go to Miami next year. LOL

All Pro
    For anyone wondering why we fired him it wasnt just how he handled Bell. In general he ignored who the coaching staff was asking for in FA and went for a big splash instead. Gase went out of his way to bring in coaches from 6 different teams that had FA that we should have targeted and didnt. He threw Toth and Falk at him and that took 0 effort. Overall I dont thin Mac ever listened to his staff and that didnt fly well with the staff Gase build. Almost no one from Miami. No D players from the Browns to run Williams D. Not one FA from either the Lions Bengles or Saints. When we built this staff I said to myself wow FA should be fun with all the new coaches we brought in to give us incite on other teams. I always blamed Bowels that no one ever followed him maybe it was all Mac.

Hall Of Fame
    It was way, way, way overdue. The fact is he was almost as bad as John Idzik. I'd in the annals of Jets history as being better than Idzik but worse than Tanny.

They got their guy, Joe Douglas. He's gotten great reviews from virtually every NFL analyst. I actually give Chris Johnson credit for the way he handled it.