Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players you Met

All Pro
    Ok so which Jet players have you guys met? and if you have anypictures why not post them

All Pro

All Pro

Banned
    I know Bren has some photo's to share.

Veteran
    farrior and chris hayes hang out together in south beach all the time...they are both very cool

All Pro
    When I was a kid my family took a trip to NY to visit my relatives on Long Island. My dad suprised me one day and took me to Hostra during camp, at which time I got to meet none other than #99 Mark Gastineau. He got to know me quickly as I stuck my notepad in his facemask, leaving him no other option than to sign it for me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I used to work at Buttle's in Elwod (is it still there?)

I met 'em all...Freeman, Mehl, Lyons, Klecko, Gastineau(he was an arrogant a-hole back then) could go on forever.

My sister used to date Lee Mazzilli......but then again, whos sister didn't as long as she looked okay!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Apr 8 2003, 02:35 PM
    I used to work at Buttle's in Elwod (is it still there?)

I met 'em all...Freeman, Mehl, Lyons, Klecko, Gastineau(he was an arrogant a-hole back then) could go on forever.

My sister used to date Lee Mazzilli......but then again, whos sister didn't as long as she looked okay!!
    Lee Mazilli is my friend's favorite player. How was he? Cool guy or a-hole?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I unfortunately have never met any of our beloved Jets, but I have met many Giants since their training camp is about 2 miles from my apartment. Most of them were pretty cool with the excpetion of Strahan and Collins. What friggin' cry-baby pickle smokers. Both of them could not have been more rude or arrogant. I let them know it too. I thought Strahan was going to kill me. I was only about six feet away from him when I gave him a pretty good heckle.

When I was younger I met Mike Baab (Center) and Michael Jackson (the WR) of the Browns. Both of them were awesome. They really played up to the kids. (Please no Michael Jackson jokes)

My brother went to RPI with Joey Juneau formerly of the Bruins and Capitals. I met him too. He also went to college with the girlfriend of a safety for the Browns named Harlon Barnett. He played for the Vikes also. Really cool guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Mr. Green Genes+Apr 8 2003, 02:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Green Genes @ Apr 8 2003, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet@Apr 8 2003, 02:35 PM
    I used to work at Buttle&#39;s in Elwod (is it still there?)

I met &#39;em all...Freeman, Mehl, Lyons, Klecko, Gastineau(he was an arrogant a-hole back then) could go on forever.

My sister used to date Lee Mazzilli......but then again, whos sister didn&#39;t as long as she looked okay&#33;&#33;
    Lee Mazilli is my friend&#39;s favorite player. How was he? Cool guy or a-hole? [/b][/quote]
    My sister is 10 years older than me, so I was about 10 or 11.

He wa so cool (an all star and all) but the first time he came to the house, I had all my friends over so they could meet him too. I was the cool guy in school, ya&#39; know&#33;&#33;

What I remember to this day ar 2 things.

His handshake. The wettest, clammiest paw I have ever put in my hand.

When he and my sister broke up, I had his signed poster on my wall, and they got into a fight in the hallway. My sister ripped the poster of my wall, and shredded it to pieces.

I still hold that grudge to this day&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    I went to high school with Scott Mersereau and was pretty good friends with his little brother. We&#39;d always hang out with many of the players, Klecko, Shuler, and later on Frase. Curt Sohn used to live up the street from me, and another friends sister babysat for them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jets players I&#39;ve met....let&#39;s see:

In &#39;88, I ran into Nu&#39;u Fa&#39;aola at Neptune&#39;s Pub in Massapequa. I was hammered, and inadvertantly gave him a backhanded "compliment" when I told him how I though it was really cool how he was always the first guy to run out on the field and jump around congratulating his teammates when they did something good. Basically I told him he was a great cheerleader. Chalk it up to the Jack Daniels, I guess.

In &#39;91, I ran into Brad Baxter on the boardwalk at Jones Beach. He was with another Jet (the name escapes me, but he was recovering from a bad car accident he&#39;d recently had on the Southern State...does anyone remember who that was? Was it Dale Dawkins?). Anyway, just like I did with Mr. Fa&#39;aola, I tried to make friendly conversation and ended up insulting both guys. Basically, I talked to Baxter about how Joe Walton sucked at drafting (without stopping to think that I was talking to a guy that Joe Walton had drafted). Baxter looked at me as nothing but the sounds of the waves crashed in the distance. Then he told me the other guy he was with was a Jet too (name?). Once he got over the fact that I had dissed him by not recognizing him, he told me his name (anyone?). Then I screwed THIS conversation up by saying "Oh yeah&#33; My brother in law drove the tow truck that hauled your car away from the accident&#33; Man, he said the car was DESTROYED&#33;" He looked at Baxter, muttered something about going to find "where all the girls be at," said "later man" and walked away. Chalk this one up to the beating sun+Budweiser buzz.

In between the &#39;96-&#39;97 season, I was in Atlantic City with a few buddies, and thought I recognized Wayne Chrebet at a blackjack table. I guess this was well before he was widely-recognized. There was a seat next to him, so I sat down, introduced myself and told him I was a season-ticket holder. He was friendly and down to earth -- even introduced me to his girlfriend, who was standing behind him. We played 21 and chatted for 30-40 minutes, high-fiving when the dealer busted and s**t like that. Totally cool guy. I remember him telling me about how horrible the losing atmosphere was at Hofstra. Amazingly, I neither insulted him nor his girlfriend, even though I was heavily under the influence of copious amounts of free A.C. booze.

In &#39;99, I met Marty Lyons at a charity function. I knew he was going to be there, so I brought a picture I had of him lying facemast to facemask with Jim Kelly during the famous "giving him the business" sack. He signed it "Mark, Keep giving &#39;em the business&#33; Marty Lyons." Being under the influence of cocktail hour goodies -- and remembering my 66% inadvertent insult rate with Jets-on-the-street, I just thanked him, shook his massive hand, and backed away.

Hall Of Fame
    I met steamin freeman at my friend&#39;s bar mitzvah back in 85 or so, but I&#39;m hoping to hook up with Tan Moss, I&#39;ve known his old man for years and we work together here in Miami.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by shakin318@Apr 8 2003, 03:07 PM
    Jets players I&#39;ve met....let&#39;s see:

In &#39;88, I ran into Nu&#39;u Fa&#39;aola at Neptune&#39;s Pub in Massapequa. I was hammered, and inadvertantly gave him a backhanded "compliment" when I told him how I though it was really cool how he was always the first guy to run out on the field and jump around congratulating his teammates when they did something good. Basically I told him he was a great cheerleader. Chalk it up to the Jack Daniels, I guess.

In &#39;91, I ran into Brad Baxter on the boardwalk at Jones Beach. He was with another Jet (the name escapes me, but he was recovering from a bad car accident he&#39;d recently had on the Southern State...does anyone remember who that was? Was it Dale Dawkins?). Anyway, just like I did with Mr. Fa&#39;aola, I tried to make friendly conversation and ended up insulting both guys. Basically, I talked to Baxter about how Joe Walton sucked at drafting (without stopping to think that I was talking to a guy that Joe Walton had drafted). Baxter looked at me as nothing but the sounds of the waves crashed in the distance. Then he told me the other guy he was with was a Jet too (name?). Once he got over the fact that I had dissed him by not recognizing him, he told me his name (anyone?). Then I screwed THIS conversation up by saying "Oh yeah&#33; My brother in law drove the tow truck that hauled your car away from the accident&#33; Man, he said the car was DESTROYED&#33;" He looked at Baxter, muttered something about going to find "where all the girls be at," said "later man" and walked away. Chalk this one up to the beating sun+Budweiser buzz.

In between the &#39;96-&#39;97 season, I was in Atlantic City with a few buddies, and thought I recognized Wayne Chrebet at a blackjack table. I guess this was well before he was widely-recognized. There was a seat next to him, so I sat down, introduced myself and told him I was a season-ticket holder. He was friendly and down to earth -- even introduced me to his girlfriend, who was standing behind him. We played 21 and chatted for 30-40 minutes, high-fiving when the dealer busted and s**t like that. Totally cool guy. I remember him telling me about how horrible the losing atmosphere was at Hofstra. Amazingly, I neither insulted him nor his girlfriend, even though I was heavily under the influence of copious amounts of free A.C. booze.

In &#39;99, I met Marty Lyons at a charity function. I knew he was going to be there, so I brought a picture I had of him lying facemast to facemask with Jim Kelly during the famous "giving him the business" sack. He signed it "Mark, Keep giving &#39;em the business&#33; Marty Lyons." Being under the influence of cocktail hour goodies -- and remembering my 66% inadvertent insult rate with Jets-on-the-street, I just thanked him, shook his massive hand, and backed away.
    Classic dude. Those are some funny stories.

All League
    I met Joe Klecko when he was signing autographs at a store where I used to work. He looked extremely hung over.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    All The Jets 1982 to 1986 - I was in college @ Hofstra U.

Can&#39;t repeat any stories due to self incrimination, but the dirty rotten stay outs were always Klecko, Gastineu, Ryan & O&#39;Brien.

Waterboy
    I met Victor Green, Coles, John Abraham, Otis Smith, Sean, Chad Morton and Ray Lucas...they used to hang at this bar by hofstra...well some of them still might but I dont go there anymore...it was back in my younger days hehehehe :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by sexynyc@Apr 8 2003, 08:16 PM
    I met Victor Green, Coles, John Abraham, Otis Smith, Sean, Chad Morton and Ray Lucas...they used to hang at this bar by hofstra...well some of them still might but I dont go there anymore...it was back in my younger days hehehehe :blink:
    i&#39;LL BET YOU MET THEM,

LIL SEXY JET FAN

Banned
    my dad owns a resturant in west palm beach and i met dedric ward and ray lucas,they were very nice guys gave my a couple autographs that i didnt even ask for.

a buddy and i ran into chrebet at a bar near hofstra, apparently he dates college chicks and when he saw an ugly one he said "it looks like someone lit her face on fire and put it out with an ice pick"

that crazy wayne.

my aunt dated howard johnson and refuses to talk about it, i guess her husband is a little jealous.