Thread: Morton Deal = Extra Pick?

Waterboy
    Since the NFL screwed up on the Morton contract we deserve compensation... say a 2nd round pick this year, they can have our 5th rounder from Washington. Thoughts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by 1R1SHPAT@Apr 9 2003, 05:26 PM
    Since the NFL screwed up on the Morton contract we deserve compensation... say a 2nd round pick this year, they can have our 5th rounder from Washington. Thoughts?
    Its a nice thought, but all the Jets are going to get is Washingtons 5th rounder. Word is the Jets were under no obligation to follow NFL MCs advice. The risk was all on the Jets.

Veteran
    Besides, the NFL would never accept the liability for this... I would open a flood gate for teams to demad compensation for every discreptency. It will never happen!

Hall Of Fame
    Sir....back away from the pipe, I repeat put the pipe down and step back, NOW!!!

Waterboy
    Dude I tried it but I never inhaled!

Veteran
    THat would depend on which pipe he talking about!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    We can get some much needed depth with this 5th round choice at a quality price. Maybe our extra guard or DB will come in this round.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd be shocked if The NFL awarded The Jets a compensatory selection for The Morton fiasco.

That would mean that The NFL admits that they made a mistake. You&#39;ll never see that. Because The NFL never makes mistakes. <_<

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Jets will get compensatory picks in next years draft based on players lost this year. They are entitled to them. They just won&#39;t get any extra ones for the Morton mess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I am going on record to say that the guy we get with Washington&#39;s 5th round pick will be widely regarded as a solid pick by the end of this upcoming season, and will be a starter on this team by his third season. After what the Jets have gone through this offseason, it&#39;s all in the Karma, baby.

Mark it down: shakin sez so on April 9, 2003.

Banned
    We got what we&#39;re gettin&#39;.

Plain and simple.

All Pro
    Quit saying the nfl made the mistake, when you say the NFL you mean the commsioners office, they had nothing to do with it. It was the lawyers that the owners hired to negotiate with the Union. They call themselves the management Council.