Thread: The Jets Current Roster

Rookie
    I really beleive if the Season sarted today with what we have that the Jets would be possibly 9-7 but no worse then 8-8. All they have to do is build on that. When Rookies take shape and the free agent signings after June 1st, the Jets will be a playoff team again looking at 12 wins.
    I do not care how tough there scedule is, they are as good or better then most of those teams. Also I will not judge Bradway until after the first month of the Season. When we can truely find out if this was all a plan or several mistakes.

Veteran
    LOL! I doubt it was a plan!

True greatness in a GM, I think, is measured more by how you recover from a situation like this.

Building a great team will get you a fine salary. Engineering your way out of a hole will keep you in your job.

I'm with you on this one - I have the rest of my life to be a Jets fan - waiting six months to see what takes shape should be no problem at all.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think losing Hall might be the worst loss this off-season--I know he was not real popular on this board--but he was a solid kicker-and there aren't too many of those out there right now. So many games can come down to the K in this league-it scares the hell out of me that we are going to be relying on Brien--He is not very good---Hall was much better---someone please tell me there are some decent kickers in the draft this year.

Other than that I think we are in fairly good shape going into the draft and the second free agent period. I truly believe we have the best QB in the division. Moss and Chrebet will take up the slack and Conway has something to prove as well.

Nine draft picks if used properly could definitely beef up our D.

I have been catching hell from friends of mine who are fish fans--I just smile and keep my mouth shut--Brian Greise is over paid and over-rated--he is not his father--but Junior Seau is old enough to be his father---Ricky is way over-due for one of his melt-downs----IMO The Bills are our biggest threat in the AFC East.

Veteran
    That's a decent summary. To me the Bills are the dark horse in the AFC East. They have had their year to sort out their teething troubles with new key players, and this year they could really bring it on. Their achilies heel for me is Bledsoe - he can be great on his day, but can be equally as bad when he has a stinker.

Pats, I think, have stayed where they were last year - time has moved on and they really havent. It would take some fine performances for them to get near the play-offs.

The Phin's I expect to be contenders this year too - finding out they had a running game last year seemed to make them rely on it too much. When they lost Fiedler and the passing game, Ricky just couldn't carry them all the way through December. I'd take a split with the Phin's - and I'm glad we don't play them when it's super hot in Miami.

All League
    with current roster 7-9 or 6-10

I do not believe any of 9 picks will have immediate impact this year.

who is going to replace ferguson or evans... a rookie no way

Boss bailey or other lb will not replace lewis, cowart or jones.

at safety maybe, i'm not sold on Mcgraw yet.

At WR, very hard to have an impact during rookie year