Thread: If I'm in Terry Bradways shoes

Rookie
    Sign Victor Green- This would fill the need for a backup safety and would prevent alot of missed tackles from last year, and everyone would love to see him in green and white.

Sign Olandis Gary- With Curtis starting,and Lamont possibly being on his way out next year, we mite as well trade him and sign Gary he has proven what he can do as a backup behind a solid offensice line.

Draft:

The Texans want Lamont and if they get no trade calls and are still stuck at # 3, We could try to package Lamont, the 22 pick,and are second fifth round pick.

Round 1: With the 3rd pick in the draft I would select DeWayne Robertson or Jimmy Kennedy to solidify our DT position. With the 13th pick I would select Boss Baily to fill our need at linebacker.

Round 2: If he is still around I would select Willis McGahee and sit him the first year and let him learn around Martin and Gary, and rest his injured leg. But if he is gone I would select Bryant Johnson from Penn State WR.

Round 3: Victor Hobson LB Michigan
    Round 4:Montroe Holland OG FSU
    Round 5:Shane Walton DB Notre Dame
    Round 5:B.J. Askew FB Michigan
    Round 6:Best available talent
    Round 7:Best available talent

Once again this is only my opinion,no need to bash me,im just voiceing my opinion on what I would do.

All League
    Never ever draft a Penn St player, 95% of them are busts, other than LB

Veteran
    No way the Texans take the no. 22 pick and lamont Jordan for the overall no 3 pick. Perhaps they make the deal for the no 13 pick and L.Jordan. We would then have the no 3 and no 22 picks. At no 3. I think you take Robertson. Not to many players run 4.8 40yd dasheds at 320lb's. He is a perfect fit for the Jets. At no 22, you have to seen what is still on the board. If Boss Bailey is still there or the safety from USC is there, I think you take them. If not, I would consider trading down a bunch in order to get some additional picks. The Jets have a bunch of starters over 30yrs of age. It is time to bring in alot of new faces to replace some starters in the next few years.

All League
    Originally posted by afosomf@Apr 14 2003, 02:47 PM
    so true that it is scary!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Kijana carter
    B.thomas
    K.Collins
    Courtney Brown
    Todd Blckledge

i'm sure there are many more....I would only take an LB from JoePa and that is it!!! Joe puts all his best Athletes at LB.

If we take Kennedy, I'll hurl.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by ctjetfan+Apr 14 2003, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ctjetfan @ Apr 14 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--afosomf@Apr 14 2003, 02:47 PM
    so true that it is scary&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kijana carter
    B.thomas
    K.Collins
    Courtney Brown
    Todd Blckledge

i&#39;m sure there are many more....I would only take an LB from JoePa and that is it&#33;&#33;&#33; Joe puts all his best Athletes at LB.

If we take Kennedy, I&#39;ll hurl. [/b][/quote]
    Hey hey I&#39;m a PSU alumni&#33;&#33;&#33; Take it easy on us&#33;&#33; Not for nothing K Collins has been pretty solid for the Gints. Now that he has a red zone threat (Levens) he may have some TD&#39;s to go with those 4000+ yards he threw for. Not to mention he has been to the SB and the NFC championship game with 2 different teams. Other than his little drinking stint, he&#39;s been a stand-up guy and a pretty good QB to boot.

Unfortunately he&#39;s a Gint but I gotta stand up for a fellow alumni.

Having said that, stay far away from Bryant Thomas and Larry Johnson. I just don&#39;t think they are that good.

WE ARE...................PENN STATE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Don&#39;t forget Kyle Brady. Another Penn State bust

Originally posted by ctjetfan+Apr 14 2003, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ctjetfan @ Apr 14 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--afosomf@Apr 14 2003, 02:47 PM
    so true that it is scary&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kijana carter
    B.thomas
    K.Collins
    Courtney Brown
    Todd Blckledge

i&#39;m sure there are many more....I would only take an LB from JoePa and that is it&#33;&#33;&#33; Joe puts all his best Athletes at LB.

dont forget to add Curtis Enis

Waterboy
    Originally posted by -inVINCEible-+Apr 14 2003, 05:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-inVINCEible- @ Apr 14 2003, 05:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -ctjetfan@Apr 14 2003, 04:32 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--afosomf
    @Apr 14 2003, 02:47 PM

Kijana carter
    B.thomas
    K.Collins
    Courtney Brown
    Todd Blckledge

If we take Kennedy, I&#39;ll hurl.
    dont forget to add Curtis Enis [/b][/quote]
    Hehe I once met Curtis Enis on campus. What a punk. He was walking around all pimped out with gold chains and bling-bling all over him. Looked great with his braces lmao&#33; Don&#39;t even try to tell me these guys don&#39;t get paid in college.

Banned
    what about kareem mckenzie and dave szott and richie anderson?

All League
    Green has an agreement inplace to give the Pats the right to match any offer before he signs with another team. That could be good. Give him an offer that would cost the Pats cap room, say 150k over the vet min. That would cost them close to 1/2 mil in cap (&#036;750k for vet; &#036;450k hit on cap per rule), plus the addl &#036;150k)).

As long as the Jets can use him if BB doesn&#39;t match, TB would put a crimp in BB&#39;s plans one way or the other.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Apr 14 2003, 01:41 PM
    The Texans want Lamont and if they get no trade calls and are still stuck at # 3, We could try to package Lamont, the 22 pick,and are second fifth round pick.

Round 1: With the 3rd pick in the draft I would select DeWayne Robertson or Jimmy Kennedy to solidify our DT position. With the 13th pick I would select Boss Baily to fill our need at linebacker.
    If we landed both Dewayne and Boss I would go nucking futts&#33; And as much as I like Lamont Jordan, if he won&#39;t be with after this year, it would be wise to trade him ONLY if we can land a backup RB. While I would love it if we could sign Olandis, he is currently be courted by the Bills, Cheifs, Lions, and the Cowboys. Somehow I can&#39;t see us outbidding any of these teams so that we could then try and trade Lamont to move up. Also, can anyone remember a team trading into the top 5 with without giving up the highest of two first round picks (i.e, us trading up without giving up #13)? Just curious.

Rookie
    I don&#39;t see why the Texans wouldnt do that trade..... they covet Jordan who is equal to a top 15 pick, and they&#39;d be gettin a 22nd pick and a 5th rounder.

All League
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Apr 14 2003, 06:41 PM
    Sign Victor Green- This would fill the need for a backup safety and would prevent alot of missed tackles from last year, and everyone would love to see him in green and white.

Sign Olandis Gary- With Curtis starting,and Lamont possibly being on his way out next year, we mite as well trade him and sign Gary he has proven what he can do as a backup behind a solid offensice line.

Draft:

Round 2: If he is still around I would select Willis McGahee and sit him the first year and let him learn around Martin and Gary, and rest his injured leg. But if he is gone I would select Bryant Johnson from Penn State WR.

Once again this is only my opinion,no need to bash me,im just voiceing my opinion on what I would do.
    NO WAY MCGAHEE IS GOING TO LAST UNTIL OUR 2ND RND PICK........AS A MATTER OF FACT HE IS SHOWING UP ON ALOT OF MOCKS IN THE LATE 1ST

Hall Of Fame
    u sign Gary and draft McGahy with Martin on the roster <--not good fooball. maybe one or the other.

All Pro

Kijana carter
    B.thomas
    K.Collins
    Courtney Brown
    Todd Blckledge

my sentiments exactly.Move over if we do,i`ll be the one next to ya.

All League
    Originally posted by Tailgater@Apr 14 2003, 06:02 PM
    Green has an agreement inplace to give the Pats the right to match any offer before he signs with another team. That could be good. Give him an offer that would cost the Pats cap room, say 150k over the vet min. That would cost them close to 1/2 mil in cap (&#036;750k for vet; &#036;450k hit on cap per rule), plus the addl &#036;150k)).

As long as the Jets can use him if BB doesn&#39;t match, TB would put a crimp in BB&#39;s plans one way or the other.
    Since Victor Green is a RFA would we have to give up a draft pick for him? Does anyone know? I know Bradway said they wouldn&#39;t talk to him after June 1st. Does this mean that the Jets would like to see who else gets cut first, or do they think that the Pats will cut Green on June 1st?

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Apr 14 2003, 03:41 PM

Draft:

VICTOR GREEN YES Olandis Gary NO MUST KEEP LAMONT JORDAN OR MIKE GREENBURG WILL GO NUTS THE NEXT MORNING AFTER THE TRADE

Banned
    i think olandis gary would be a great pick up for whoever signs him