Thread: Who's there at no 13?

Veteran
    Figure that the following 10 players are a lock to be drafted before no 13:

Offensive Players: Palmer, Rogers, Johnson, Gross, Leftwich

Defensive Players: Newman, Roberston, Suggs, Trufant, Kennedy

Next tier of Offensive Players: Steinbach, Boller, Harris

Net tier of Defensive Players: Williams, Sullivan, Bailey, Joseph

I wouldn't draft any of the above offensive players at no 13. Unless there is a run on QB's (and Boller moves into the top 10), I believe Seatle will take Williams at no 11. St Louis at no 12 could go Steinbach or Bailey or trade down.

Players most likely to be there at no 13 are Sullivan, Joseph and Bailey. I would prefer to take Sullivan at no 13 and see what available a no 22 (regardless of position). If Bailey didn't have two restructured knees I might have a different strategy.

Trading up is a possibility. I would have to consider giving up both no 1's for Chicago's or Houston's pick. Although, I would try and work out a deal that would allow me to keep my no. 22 pick. Dewayne Robertson would be my pick at no 3 or no. 4. If Andre Johnson fell to no 6 or 7, I would try and move up to get him.

Waterboy
    I would love to take my chances with Bailey at 13. It may be a little early (maybe we could add a 3rd-5th rounder and move down 2 or 3 spots if we feel comfortable) but he has POTENTIAL,a word I hate, to really redefine the OLB position. He would definitely be an upgrade as 4th LB from Darling and his leap could make FG and PA attempts interesting for our opponents. Some feel he may be there at 22, but I doubt it.

Veteran
    It would definitely fill a need. With Loss of Darling and with Mo Lewis possibly playing his final season as a nyj. I am worried about his history of injuries.

All Pro
    Originally posted by atlantajet87@Apr 20 2003, 11:15 AM
    I would love to take my chances with Bailey at 13. It may be a little early (maybe we could add a 3rd-5th rounder and move down 2 or 3 spots if we feel comfortable) but he has POTENTIAL,a word I hate, to really redefine the OLB position. He would definitely be an upgrade as 4th LB from Darling and his leap could make FG and PA attempts interesting for our opponents. Some feel he may be there at 22, but I doubt it.
    Here`s the thing about picking Bailey at 13.He`s more of a player at Cowarts weakside spot than Mo lewis strongside spot.Doing that would shakeup our linebacking core and demand that we take anothe linebacker in a later round.Someone along the lines of Shurron Pierson,or Antwann Peek or Matt Willhelm.The strongside Linebacker has to be sturdy enought to take on the TEs,and offensive Tackles,and quick enough to deal with the TEs in coverage.That`s what made a young Mo Lewis so effective and valuable to the Jets,and what makes an aged Mo Lewis so useless to us now.In a shakeup,it would also require Sam Cowart to move inside.

Veteran
    Bailey will be gone (Rams want him --- #12).

Waterboy
    I think Bailey is just too versatile to pass up if he is there for us. He can play many positions, even if we need to add another LB in the coming year or two. As far as the Rams, they are so unpredictable. They really need a TE, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go that route. With Martz, you never know, but I would put my money on an offensive selection!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We have to think that Williams is probably gone at #13..

With that in mind if we picked up Bailey at #13....I hope because I too think St. Louis will pick him.....We could go after this guy at #22!! "I think I will look good in green."

The Texas A&M DT is soaring up draft charts. Look for him to land in the middle of round 1 as scouts love his ability to mix it up with OL. Not only is he strong but Warren has superior speed for a DT which makes him a threat on every play. Look for Ty to sneak up a few more picks before the draft as scouts get the full idea of his potential.

I think we go for bailey with #13 and hope we could move up or that kevin williams will be there for us, he is a stud DT with good work ethics and he wants to be a star in the NFL.