Thread: FIRST ROUND BLAAAAHS.........

Practice Squad
    Anyone else think the first round is ridiculously long? If I recall correctly, last year's first round was completed at about 8pm? Even an avid fan like myself, gets enough of highlights and listening to the so called "experts".

I say make rounds 1-2 (7 mins. max.) to make pick or trade, rounds 3-4 (five mins. max.) and rounds 5-7 (3 mins. max.). For the most part, teams have minimum 2 months to evaluate and re-evaluate prospects, why the need to drag on the process? (and yes I know possible trades are being discussed or consummated).

Banned
    I think if you have a pick ready just turn it in dont milk it out.

Banned
    Originally posted by That'sWhyTheyPlayTheGame@Apr 21 2003, 07:20 PM
    Anyone else think the first round is ridiculously long? If I recall correctly, last year's first round was completed at about 8pm? Even an avid fan like myself, gets enough of highlights and listening to the so called "experts".

I say make rounds 1-2 (7 mins. max.) to make pick or trade, rounds 3-4 (five mins. max.) and rounds 5-7 (3 mins. max.). For the most part, teams have minimum 2 months to evaluate and re-evaluate prospects, why the need to drag on the process? (and yes I know possible trades are being discussed or consummated).
    The first round would end at 8pm if every single team took every last second of their 15 minutes (15 min * 32 = 8 hours).

Practice Squad
    Think about trades....i.e. the team that moves up from #9 to #5 is then allotted a FULL 15 mins. to make their pick!!!

Veteran
    A little off topic but what time exactly does the draft start on Saturday? (Eastern Time)

Practice Squad
    12 noon eastern time. Tagliabue is walking to the podium at 11:59am.