Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills sign Gary

All League
    Just saw on ESPN that the Bills have signed Olandis Gary to a 2 year deal I believe.

Practice Squad
    poo

Waterboy
    What use do they have for O Gary??

Banned
    Olandis Gary is one hell of a football player.Thats a good pick up for them.

Veteran
    What has Olandis Gary done since his rookie season except for tearing up his knees? What can he do without those illegal chop-blocks in Denver?

Banned
    the kid can play football,can run and catch,he's a quality back.Its a good pick up for buffalo.I can tell you have a problem with denver's O-line but that dosent mean the kid sucks.

Maxman
    If this kid is not busy getting hurt, it is because he is rehabbing from the last time he got hurt. Buffalo can have him.

who cares, we might have the best back-up RB in the league in Jordan

All League
    it's an interesting pick-up. He definately is a talent, but he is also injury prone. I'd say it's 50-50 whether he'll do well in Buffalo. He's a boom or bust player, and with his injuries, one wonders whether his joints can take the cold up thare in tha north!

Veteran
    Denver RB's are all over reated. They were the prpduct of a well constucted line and a good deceptive blocking scheme that took advantage of dirty play. If the Bills got him cheap, good for them. He's a good backup at best. He'll never put up 1000 yards behind any other line.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is another smart move by The Bills front office.
    Olandis Gary is great insurance for Travis Henry. They got him for a bargain rice with no risks attached.

Rookie
    Scary move for Jets fans

Rookie
    O,Gary will not be a problem this with the JETS our boys will take care of him and the rest of the buffalo swills or jills what ever you want to call those a -holes
    buffalo is the worst city in the the nfl they even changed there zip code to
    (044)see you soon drew blitzoe

All Pro
    Originally posted by JOJOTOWNSELL@Apr 22 2003, 08:02 AM
    Scary move for Jets fans
    Scary?????

Let's see him do something behind a non-illegal blocking scheme offensive line like Denver has! Besides, he's got some injuries in his past. Seems to me this is a waste of cap space, unless they didn't pay much.

Banned
    Originally posted by RoadWarrior@Apr 22 2003, 08:15 AM
    O,Gary will not be a problem this with the JETS our boys will take care of him and the rest of the buffalo swills or jills what ever you want to call those a -holes
    buffalo is the worst city in the the nfl they even changed there zip code to
    (044)see you soon drew blitzoe
    hey...i live near buffalo...and its not a crappy city...wait what the hell am i talking about? buffalo the city sucks, all the area around it does as well...and the fans, i don't know how they got a good reputation because they are really ****ty. i have been a jets fan since birth, good times and the many bad ones as well...as soon as the bills lose a goddamn game everyone is jumping all over the team saying how ****ty they are and no one shows up for the games so there is a freakin blackout and i can't watch any god damn game...but as soon as they win again everyone jumps back on the wagon...what a freakin ****ty city...

Veteran
    Roadwarriors brain-dead rants aside I think this is a decent move for Buffalo. Henry is a pro-bowler, so Gary is nothing more than a solid back-up that can give Henry a break now and then...He should be pretty cheap too.

On the topic of back-ups, what is Jordan's contract situation? I doubt he's going to tolerate playing second fiddle much longer.

BB

P.S. Roadwarrior, just a heads up in case your handlers ever let you out of your cell, zip codes have 5 digits nowadays, not 3. Now go back to whacking you bald little beanbag and trying to think up clever Buffalo Superbowl jokes.

Banned
    Originally posted by Buffboy@Apr 22 2003, 09:57 AM
    Roadwarriors brain-dead rants aside I think this is a decent move for Buffalo. Henry is a pro-bowler, so Gary is nothing more than a solid back-up that can give Henry a break now and then...He should be pretty cheap too.

On the topic of back-ups, what is Jordan's contract situation? I doubt he's going to tolerate playing second fiddle much longer.

BB

P.S. Roadwarrior, just a heads up in case your handlers ever let you out of your cell, zip codes have 5 digits nowadays, not 3. Now go back to whacking you bald little beanbag and trying to think up clever Buffalo Superbowl jokes.
    Jordan is signed through 2004.

I heard Gary is making 3M over the 2 seasons... I don't know how cheap that really is.. depends on it's cap implications.

Rookie
    what ever fluffboy keep your fag comments for your fudge-packer friends
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Veteran
    Originally posted by aec4+Apr 22 2003, 09:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aec4 @ Apr 22 2003, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Buffboy@Apr 22 2003, 09:57 AM

On the topic of back-ups, what is Jordan&#39;s contract situation? I doubt he&#39;s going to tolerate playing second fiddle much longer.

BB

I heard Gary is making 3M over the 2 seasons... I don&#39;t know how cheap that really is.. depends on it&#39;s cap implications. [/b][/quote]
    Where did you hear that about Gary&#39;s contract? Last I heard terms were not disclosed.

I think Jordan needs to get the ball more this season. He&#39;s going to be a good one.

BB

Banned
    Originally posted by Buffboy+Apr 22 2003, 10:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buffboy @ Apr 22 2003, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -aec4@Apr 22 2003, 09:01 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Buffboy
    @Apr 22 2003, 09:57 AM

On the topic of back-ups, what is Jordan&#39;s contract situation? I doubt he&#39;s going to tolerate playing second fiddle much longer.

BB

I heard Gary is making 3M over the 2 seasons... I don&#39;t know how cheap that really is.. depends on it&#39;s cap implications.
    Where did you hear that about Gary&#39;s contract? Last I heard terms were not disclosed.

I think Jordan needs to get the ball more this season. He&#39;s going to be a good one.

BB [/b][/quote]
    Profootballtalk.com

After reading, the bonus is low so the cap hit is under Bills control.

RB Olandis Gary has signed a two-year deal with the Bills, which includes a &#036;175,000 bonus and could be worth as much as &#036;3 million.