Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Klecko

Waterboy
    Is anyone else pissed that the patsies drafted Klecko, and we passed on him?

Veteran
    Originally posted by HATETHEFINS@Apr 27 2003, 02:48 PM
    I am really upset by this. The kid is going to be a player and his Dad 's my all time favorite player. Looks like I'll need to wear a different jersey the games next year.

Practice Squad
    nobody is more upset than me..... except at least now we get to see him in the meadowlands at least once a year

All League
    If you care about the kid, and not where he plays, you will be happy he landed in NE.

There he will be well-coached, vital to a player who lacks the prototypical size and speed of his position. He is also walking into a situation where he can contribute immediately, and one where the variety of defensive schemes and packages used will be more likely to create him a "niche."

Bill Belichick is an ahole but he is not going to sabotage the kid because his father played for the Jets light years ago.

Waterboy
    It's unfortunate that Bradway didn't see this like the fans did. To see a #73 jersey with Klecko on it means much to a franchise with little to hang its collective hat on as far as positive history is concerned. The liklihood is that he is as good as or better than Alan Harper and/or James Reed and could have made the team. Bellichik will help him immensely.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    its disturbing but the reason why the PATS need Klecko is becausse Ty Warren is a leading candidate for the future mayor of Bustsville. The JETS don't need Dan right now. Also who knows i bet the JETS work some magic for Dan's second contract, 4th rounders usually only get 3 seasons.

id take DeWayne over Ty Warren and Dan Klecko any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Veteran
    :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Originally posted by roadgrader@Apr 28 2003, 09:28 AM
    It's unfortunate that Bradway didn't see this like the fans did. To see a #73 jersey with Klecko on it means much to a franchise with little to hang its collective hat on as far as positive history is concerned. The liklihood is that he is as good as or better than Alan Harper and/or James Reed and could have made the team. Bellichik will help him immensely.
    So where were we going to take him? Round 3 would have been a mojor reach, we didn't have a 4th.

Maybe we can trade for him.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Although it would be cool to have Baby Klecko wearing Green, we just have no need for another defensive lineman. our Defensive line is already way overcrowded.

A better question here is who are the odd men out? Reed? Harper?

Rookie
    While I hate the Jets Day 2 selections, there was nothing they could do about Klecko. We didn't have a 4th and we could not take him in the 3rd. I'm not worried about how he develops for some other team, that's crazy. Just cause his dad was a hero for the Jets doesn't mean I should hope his son kicks our ass with a division rival. That being said, he does not fit the New England scheme at all. With his undersized frame, he is perfect for the 4-3 one gap system that the Jets run. He does not fit a 3-4 in the NFL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm sorry that DK is a Pat now, but who knew that he would go in the 3rd?
    I'm happy for DK that he was drafted that high, but it would've been dumb for us to go for him there. We had needs at other positions...

IMO we got the jewel of the draft by gettin Dewayne at #4-
    now we can only wait & see if this was the trade to put us over the top!!!

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money+Apr 27 2003, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lawyers, Guns and Money @ Apr 27 2003, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--HATETHEFINS@Apr 27 2003, 02:48 PM
    I am really upset by this. The kid is going to be a player and his Dad &#39;s my all time favorite player. Looks like I&#39;ll need to wear a different jersey the games next year. [/b][/quote]
    you guys wanted him 83rd overall? that&#39;s the only place i think you can say we &#39;passed on him. do you really think he was 3rd round talent? i wanted him in the fifth, no higher... you&#39;ve got to use your brains, not just your heart.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Klecko is going to be a great contributor for the Pats.... An added bonus will be seeing Joe in the Meadowlands once a year wearing a Pats jersey.....

Rookie
    explain how he fits in a 3-4??

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

So is the fact joe klecko will be wearing his jersey at the patsy`s game now ,does that put an end to the petetion here now

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Bassnitr@Apr 28 2003, 08:22 AM
    This is just to cool, the curent NJ Jet&#39;s play in Washington DC. And now a legacy Jet plays in Foxboro. Can&#39;t wait to see the spin on how he really isn&#39;t that good anyway. And the only reason the NJ Jet&#39;s would&#39;ve drafted him was in honor of his dad. See I have already given you talking points to help slam the pick.

I&#39;m happy for Klecko, but round 3 is a reach so I&#39;m glad it was NE doing the reaching.

I don&#39;t even think the biggest homers here were advocating using a 3rd round pick on Dan.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Piper+Apr 28 2003, 03:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Apr 28 2003, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bassnitr@Apr 28 2003, 08:22 AM
    This is just to cool, the curent NJ Jet&#39;s play in Washington DC. And now a legacy Jet plays in Foxboro. Can&#39;t wait to see the spin on how he really isn&#39;t that good anyway. And the only reason the NJ Jet&#39;s would&#39;ve drafted him was in honor of his dad. See I have already given you talking points to help slam the pick.

I&#39;m happy for Klecko, but round 3 is a reach so I&#39;m glad it was NE doing the reaching.

I don&#39;t even think the biggest homers here were advocating using a 3rd round pick on Dan. [/b][/quote]
    He wasn&#39;t picked in the 3rd, it was the 4th.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by New England Hick@Apr 28 2003, 10:24 AM
    Klecko is going to be a great contributor for the Pats.... An added bonus will be seeing Joe in the Meadowlands once a year wearing a Pats jersey.....
    I&#39;ll give you an added bounus&#33;&#33;

THE PATS SEEING THIS GUY TWICE/YEAR WEARING GREEN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Just a case of belibumbles not sold on Ty Wounded, with an impressive total of 8 on his wonderlick it could take him the length of his contract to figure out belibumbles schemes thus the reach for Klecko in the 4th, nothing Mawae won&#39;t steam roll.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by cdflip78@Apr 28 2003, 03:28 PM
    explain how he fits in a 3-4??
    as an undersized NT.

don&#39;t get me wrong i wish the guy the best but i would love to have Dan Klecko lined up over Kevin Mawae twice a season. He&#39;s not scaring anyone in run support.