Thread: Palmer or Simms

All League
    Okay so Carson Palmer was picked first to Bengals and Chris Simms in the 3rd round to the Bucs...

Would you rather be a QB on a bad team or a delayed pick going to a SB champion team?

I'm not comparing the two as QBs, cause Carson is superior. I'm asking about situations to be in.

Palmer will get plenty of attention, press and playing time...he will shine on the team.
    But Simms is on a champion team and all the glory with that. He has Gruden-- a huge plus, but I don't think he will get a lot of time or shine (this season anyway if ever).

I'm leaning towards rather being in Simms' shoes on the Bucs. What do you guys/gals think?

RT

Maxman
    Originally posted by R. Tyme@Apr 29 2003, 12:13 AM
    Okay so Carson Palmer was picked first to Bengals and Chris Simms in the 3rd round to the Bucs...

Would you rather be a QB on a bad team or a delayed pick going to a SB champion team?

I'm not comparing the two as QBs, cause Carson is superior. I'm asking about situations to be in.

Palmer will get plenty of attention, press and playing time...he will shine on the team.
    But Simms is on a champion team and all the glory with that. He has Gruden-- a huge plus, but I don't think he will get a lot of time or shine (this season anyway if ever).

I'm leaning towards rather being in Simms' shoes on the Bucs. What do you guys/gals think?

RT
    After Palmer signs his deal and gets his bonus, I would rather be him.

It is all about the KWAN.

Veteran
    KWAN? Is that your word? ;-) Hell Yea Maxman!!

Maxman
    Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic@Apr 29 2003, 01:09 AM
    KWAN? Is that your word? ;-) Hell Yea Maxman!!
    Not my word. I believe that is the word that was used in Jerry McGuire. But it is late, I could be wrong.

TomShane
    Chris Simms sucks. He can read a defense about as well as Dexter Manley can read The Iliad

Practice Squad
    I'll take Carson's money...he may not see the team success that Simms will but if my only choice were these two players Palmer would be who I want to be.

Bitter
    I would think that Simms is in a better position overall after you get past the contracts. The Bengals say that regardless, Kitna is their starter. I'm not trying to believe that. They used the #1 pick on him. They will expect him to be their savior and he's going to be starting in week one for a horrid team. Simms on the other hand really has no expectations on his shoulders. They released Matthews so I guess that puts a little pressure on him as I'm sure they would like to see him move up to the backup spot but that is a much smaller load than Palmer is going to be carrying on his shoulders. Also, I would say that Gruden is one of the better coaches for a young QB to play for and learn under.