Thread: Does any one know?????

Rookie
    What wide receivers will be likely to be cut/available after June 1st?
    We definately need another quality WR! Swayne blows. Conway is injury prone, and Moss can't catch the damn ball.

Veteran
    The short list includes Marcus Robinson, JJ DYNOMITE Stokes, and Mushin Mohammed.
    --------------
    oh yeah, and this guy.
    :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by Vona41@May 1 2003, 12:40 PM
    The short list includes Marcus Robinson, JJ DYNOMITE Stokes, and Mushin Mohammed.
    --------------
    oh yeah, and this guy.
    :lol:
    I think Stokes would be a good pick-up, plenty of experience in the west coast offense as long as he's not too pricey. :o

All Pro
    Stokes blows, give me Mohammed or Gadsen and we're ready to roll.

Veteran
    not big on stokes either, i'll take Mohammed though!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by pope@May 1 2003, 12:56 PM
    Stokes blows, give me Mohammed or Gadsen and we're ready to roll.
    Gadsen would probably be a good fit but how many good years does he have left, his production was way down last year ALA Ricky Williams but you still have to wonder how much juice he has left.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I seriously doubt that The Jets are going to go out and get some veteran insurance at WR. Even though, I think, they should. Pennington needs a big target, especially in the red zone but The Jets front office is happy with what they got.

They are going to roll the dice with Kevin Swayne, Tory Woodbury, Phil McGeoghan, Jonathan Carter, Kamau Peterson, Albert Johnson, Cecil Moore,Tavon Mason and Jason Thomas. I may have missed somebody but that's 9 WR's for maybe 3 to 4 spots.

Here is a list of big veteran WR's who The Jets are not going to sign: Some of these players are out there now and some will be after June 1st.

Oronde Gadsden- 6'2 215

Sylvester Morris-6'3 216-(former 1st round pick in 2000 by K.C. Chiefs) Was Bradway involved in drafting him?

Marvin "Snoop" Minnis- 6'1 175

Marcus Robinson- 6'3 213

Germane Crowell- 6'3 216

Muhsin Muhammad- 6'2 217- I would sign him in a heartbeat.

J.J. Stokes-6'4 217

There's been talk of The Browns trading one of their talented WR's to free up cap room. I don't see it happening and The 49ers may have been interested in dealing Tai Streets. I doubt, they would do that now.

TomShane
    Germaine Crowell, if he stays healthy, is better than Coles.

All Pro
    A-Rod we wouldn't be signing Gadsen for the future, he's a guy who has a couple years left in him, he's a descent player and solid depth.

Rookie
    I have to think that the Jets are going to sign a Veteran Free Agent - you can't count on Unrestricted Free Agents to make the team let alone be insurance against an injury to Conway, Moss or Chrebet. We have to get someone with experience - I mean Moss and Conway aren't the most durable WR's out there.

Gadsen would look good I think

All League
    TS- If you think Crowell is better than Coles, then you just had a wet dream.

Coles will be star in NFL, Just because Skins broke the bank, by the way we all
    would have left, no need to ditz him.

He was our MVP last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by afosomf@May 1 2003, 02:03 PM
    TS- If you think Crowell is better than Coles, then you just had a wet dream.

Coles will be star in NFL, Just because Skins broke the bank, by the way we all
    would have left, no need to ditz him.

He was our MVP last year.
    To be honest with you Afosomf, I wouldn't have left, I would have stayed loyal to the team that drafted me and gave me a chance to play in the N.F.L. when noone else would touch me with a 10 foot poll. How quickly we forget. Angry

Rookie
    Thanks for the information Fella's)
    I think either Germaine Crowell or Muhsin Muhammad would be a sweet addition to our WR core. Both are at least 6ft 2in. That would be a big help for Chad. Especially, in the red zone.

Rookie
    You can pull Marcus Robinson's name off the list - the Ravens just signed him to a 1 year contract... I hear he injured hmself signing the contract though...

All League
    Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+May 1 2003, 01:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ May 1 2003, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope@May 1 2003, 12:56 PM
    Stokes blows, give me Mohammed or Gadsen and we&#39;re ready to roll.
    Gadsen would probably be a good fit but how many good years does he have left, his production was way down last year ALA Ricky Williams but you still have to wonder how much juice he has left. [/b][/quote]
    They better be signing another receiver. Two of our receivers Conway and Moss have a hard time staying on the field. All we need Gadsden for is one year. You have to consider Cap problems when signing these guys. Gadsden was offered the Vet min. by Miami. I think he would leap at the chanch for an incentive laden contract Particuarlly with Pennington throwing the ball. The talk on the Fish channel down here is the Fish will sign him now. He sure would be a nice target for Chad. He also has an ax to grind with the Fish

All Pro
    LMAO, Jetswin.

Rookie
    Minnis & Morris are the most injury prone toothpicks in the NFL. JJ Stokes will be another Hatchette.
    The others would be good pick ups.