Thread: OT: Metallica Still Rocks!

Veteran
    What a great show on MTV tonight...hats off to Korn and Limp Bizkit and Metallica's set was incredible...cannot wait to see them July 8 at the Meadowlands.

All League
    My hats off to Jasen Newsted also, he left the band and is still their number one fan. Class!!!

New bass player is great, knew he would be. Can't wait until June 10th when "St. Anger" hits the shelves!

All League
    I saw them in '90 at the Glasgow SECC. Not bad. I think they've gone seriously downhill, though. And their whole take on Napster really pissed me off.

Motorhead is on tour right now in the US. Now there is band that still delivers!!

www.imotorhead.com

Veteran
    The new bass player is awesome..gets you all fired up and brings more intensity....they just keep getting better

Veteran
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@May 6 2003, 10:41 PM
    I saw them in '90 at the Glasgow SECC. Not bad. I think they've gone seriously downhill, though. And their whole take on Napster really pissed me off.

Motorhead is on tour right now in the US. Now there is band that still delivers!!

www.imotorhead.com
    Scott

I saw motorhead about 10 years ago opening up for Ozzy. Lemmy was f-in hysterical, puts on a great show.

All League
    Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money+May 6 2003, 10:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lawyers, Guns and Money @ May 6 2003, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet@May 6 2003, 10:41 PM
    I saw them in &#39;90 at the Glasgow SECC. Not bad. I think they&#39;ve gone seriously downhill, though. And their whole take on Napster really pissed me off.

Motorhead is on tour right now in the US. Now there is band that still delivers&#33;&#33;

www.imotorhead.com
    Scott

I saw motorhead about 10 years ago opening up for Ozzy. Lemmy was f-in hysterical, puts on a great show. [/b][/quote]
    I saw them last year at Worcester Palladium. My ears kept ringing for a week solid. Incredible sound and intensity. Lemmy is THE man. They play the Palladium again this friday but my father is over visiting and I doubt I can make it. My ears will thank me&#33;

They are currently on tour with Anthrax, and this summer tour the US with Iron Maiden and Dio&#33;

All League
    Charter JI Member

I must have missed the good stuff, after suffering through Avril Lavagina butcher Fuel (which is one of their crappiest songs anyway) I almost threw up when Snoop Doggy Dawg took the stage so I stopped watching.

Well if the last half was good I&#39;m sure I can catch the re-run or the re-re-run, or the re-re-re-run, or the re-re-re-re-run or the re-re-re-re-re-run or the...oh what the hell I&#39;m sure you get my point.

Veteran
    Try to catch Korn and Limp Bizkit...they kept showing Lars and Kirk and they were impressed/getting into it..... not sure what the hell Snoop was doing....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money+May 7 2003, 02:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lawyers, Guns and Money @ May 7 2003, 02:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet@May 6 2003, 10:41 PM
    I saw them in &#39;90 at the Glasgow SECC. Not bad. I think they&#39;ve gone seriously downhill, though. And their whole take on Napster really pissed me off.

Motorhead is on tour right now in the US. Now there is band that still delivers&#33;&#33;

www.imotorhead.com
    Scott

I saw motorhead about 10 years ago opening up for Ozzy. Lemmy was f-in hysterical, puts on a great show. [/b][/quote]
    Actually Iron Maiden/ Dio/ Motorhead are doing a big summer tour together. It rolls into MSG on 7/30.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Can we get them to do the half time show at the Meadowlands? :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOR THE RECORD METTALICA SUCKS ASS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by petejett+May 7 2003, 09:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (petejett @ May 7 2003, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Lawyers@ Guns and Money,May 7 2003, 02:42 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet
    @May 6 2003, 10:41 PM

www.imotorhead.com

Scott

I saw motorhead about 10 years ago opening up for Ozzy. Lemmy was f-in hysterical, puts on a great show.
    Actually Iron Maiden/ Dio/ Motorhead are doing a big summer tour together. It rolls into MSG on 7/30. [/b][/quote]
    Does Dio do "Rainbow in the Dark" seven times then get off stage? Does he ahve any other songs?

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    AvrilLevigne(or however you spell her name) was embarrassing. Limpbizkit rocked&#33; I was curious how Metallica would sound after that. I was not let down, they were better than ever. I saw them in 1989 in San Francisco on the Monsters of Rock Tour(Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions and Van Halen). Mettalica blew them all away and are still rockin&#39; stronger than ever&#33; Awesome show last night.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@May 6 2003, 10:45 PM
    I saw them last year at Worcester Palladium. My ears kept ringing for a week solid. Incredible sound and intensity. Lemmy is THE man. They play the Palladium again this friday but my father is over visiting and I doubt I can make it. My ears will thank me&#33;

They are currently on tour with Anthrax, and this summer tour the US with Iron Maiden and Dio&#33;
    Hard to believe all these guys are still rocking. All we are missing is Judas Priest. LOL

Rookie
    A lot of bands are still out there&#33; In 2 weeks I am going to see the Eagles. I paid 175 a pop&#33;And in a month I am going to see Kiss and Aerosmith together ,What a show that will be &#33; Soon Ozziefest Yeh baby&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Yeah, a lot of great bands touring this summer. I&#39;m p&#39;o&#39;ed - had tickets to Anthrax/Motorhead at Roseland but they double-booked that night and cancelled.

Oh well, there&#39;s still Ozzfest, Metallica, and hopefully a fall Black Label Society solo tour.

Rookie
    That show as unwatchable. Avirl Lavigne&#33;...Snoop dog&#33;....please.
    Metallica have lost every shred of credibilty....COMPLETE JOKE.

All League
    Avril Latrine.....Korn....Snoopy whatever.....Let&#39;s be honest, it is MTV, and what do MTV know about real metal? About as much as I know about Patagonian nose-flute bands..
    When it makes it over here, I for one won&#39;t be watching.

And if any of you taped it, Lar&#036; is gonna get yaaaaa&#33;

Kangaroo F*cker
    The best part about the whole show was when Jim Bruer did his thing. His Lars impression was hysterical&#33;

Korn did a good cover.