Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All-Time Favorite Commercial?

Banned
    I GOT TWO .....

================================================== ====

#1 {which was actually voted the best commercial ever made by TV Guide}

Mean Joe Green & The Little Kid ..... Have a Coke and a Smile

When you talk about playground legends, you gotta talk about a man named Lamar Mundane. I seen him just rain jump-shots out the sky. After awhile folks just started callin him "MONEY" ... cause when he let that shot loose, it was MONEY IN THE BANK

Feel free to comment and/or add your own personal favorites.

Practice Squad
    The one during the superbowl where that guy was tackling everybody in the office
    friggin hilarious :lol: :lol:

All Pro
    Originally posted by Buckeye Jet@May 27 2003, 09:11 PM
    The one during the superbowl where that guy was tackling everybody in the office
    friggin hilarious :lol: :lol:
    Wow man you read my mind, as I read the title that commercial immediately popped up in my head. Not sure if it's my favorite but definitely a classic. I don't understand why they don't run that commercial, I don't even remember who or what the product was.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    current: Ray Lewis and the rookies at the draft Madden video game ad
    all time: macintosh 1984 super bowl ad (yes im a big dork, and no i don't use Macs)

All League
    Joe Willie.........Panty hose.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's got to be the Snickers commercial with Cindy...........

Veteran
    Where's the beef?

All League
    The Bill Parcells Tostito commercial where he sang "Groovin".

Veteran
    MadAsHell
    The Bill Parcells Tostito commercial where he sang "Groovin".
    I love that commercial, I completely forgot about it

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@May 27 2003, 09:06 PM
    Mean Joe Green & The Little Kid ..... Have a Coke and a Smile
    Scroll down the page to WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2000 ... HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE

At the bottom of that paragraph you will find a link to the actual commercial, via real player.

http://www.thecrayfish.com/archive/2000_12...2_01_myblog.htm

Veteran
    Bud - Wize - errrrrrrrr!

Or the entire "Big Labowski" Movie... must have done a ton for anti-depressants! lol

All League
    OK, this is going back a bit, but in the early '80s Pepsi came out with a product called "Pepsi Light" and had NFL guys in the ads. They would be at practice or a game, and acting all tough and mean etc. and they would get handed a cup of "Pepsi Light" on the sidelines and would start singing a crazy jingle: "Yes we love Pepsi Light, refeshing Pepsi Light...." I just thought it was funny seeing guys like Gastineau and other players of the day who were known as either tough guys or headcases singing and dancing. Maybe not my favorite, but memorable...Also, when the Army was changing its ad campaign in the mid '90s they were having actual soldiers in them and I was a finalist to be in one. That woulda' been cool but I didn't get it. Bastard Officers! LOL

As for the "Apple" commercial, I never got the big deal, thought it was stupid, and the fact that Apple paid 1 mil for a commercial and only ran it once is a perfect example tof Steve Jobs arrogance, the reason why he became Bill Gates *****...

All League
    Charter JI Member

I've always loved that commercial where Cindy Crawford drives up to a Pepsi machine and drinks a soda while a couple of small boys watch from a fence.

Mesmerized me every time.

The update, with her kids in the car, is blasphemy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by JetMedic@May 27 2003, 11:09 PM
    As for the "Apple" commercial, I never got the big deal, thought it was stupid, and the fact that Apple paid 1 mil for a commercial and only ran it once is a perfect example tof Steve Jobs arrogance, the reason why he became Bill Gates *****...
    don't believe the hype, just cause Bill Gates is the richest man in the world doesn't mean Steve Jobs is a *****. the man revolutionized computing and if it were up to bill we would all have to type something like

Code:
    WWW:connect http:www.jetsinsider.comforums /y /e
    WWW:dir thread /w
    WWW:read thread "best commercial"
    WWW:post thread "hey all"
    etc etc just to interact - Gates flat out has no style. little things like the way fonts look like something you might read in a book, Bill has no capacity for that. Jobs was is and remains a visionary, just as much if not more than Gates. They are both great men but Jobs has style, Gates just plows ahead with numbers on his side - if it were warfare one is a fencer the other is a tank.

for what its worth, Jobs is back from the dot.coms and again is the CEO of Apple, and they have regained alot of their swagger- i mean titanium G4 laptops are cool any way you slice it... also don't look now but the long lifeless stock is brimming with the Tunes launch, iPods are trendy as hell, and Apple computer is the industry standard for video and audio production. heres the news- the man probably cracked the file sharing nut. Wait till it comes out for Windows.

Saying Jobs is Gates ***** is like saying Audi is Ford's *****. More people buy Fords but that' doesn't necessarily mean one is a winner and the other is a loser - they do different things for different people. You need basic functionality and cheap to maintain hardware you use Gates' stuff - you need to make the Matrix fight scenes you use Jobs stuff. Either way they are not better or worse just different -

but morally what Gates did to Jobs is no different than what Jobs did to Xerox PARC. they are all a bunch of theiving nerds, its just a matter of preference.

ps- the 1984 commercial was egotistical heady and glorious TV - it had an overinflated sense of itself, and yeah it didn't really didn't make a whole lot of practical sense from a dollar and sense perspective. but if you are going to make a commercial for that amount of money and only air it once that's the commercial - unless we abandon the Julian calendar Orwell's year will only come along once...

All League
    Marv Levy in his snickers commercial.Tellin the bills no one can leave till they win a super bowl.
    Not goin anywhere for a while. priceless

Veteran
    The cat cowboys.

Hall Of Fame
    When Chevy Chase did a Doritos commercial and they told him it was cancelled halfway through, that was funny. His late-night show did suck though, but at least he could joke around about it....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Seeing Larry Johnson dressed as Grandmama always made me hysterical.

Practice Squad
    The horses in the open field playing football. Kicking the extra point. "They always do that? Nope the ususally go for 2."

All League
    The new Bud commercial...With the roomate...classic