Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh...first place, back where it belongs...

Veteran
    Funny...there is usually 3 or 4 hideous Yankee posts every morning. What? the fairweather crowd goes into hiding when they're in danger of being swept by a lowly team? Which is a frequent occurance these days, isnt it? That huge inexplicable trade I was telling y'all about is coming very soon...don't tell me you can't sense it...

By the way...have they won a game since Jeter has been named "captain?"

Has fat george ever revoked a captainship? That woukd be too funny.

Can we stop calling this a "team-wide slump" yet? When does it officially become an "off year" or as the case may be...a financial disaster of epic proportions...($200 million for sub-.500 baseball)

Has Missina won a game in the last month? Hey JonEJoke....how is that "Moose 4 Cy Young Watch" working out for ya? Loser!

Rookie
    how about a BLUE JAYS post the jays will get there
    STICKS going tonight and right through to the weekend
    and take first place at least i hope so lol woody williams
    will get rocked tonight

All League
    The Jays in first? In the words of Brian Fellow, "that's crazy!" Actually, it isn't too far fetched. Toronto is playing mad ball and hitting the snot out of the ball.

BK Kim looked sharp yesterday, as did Lowe. No idea what is up with Mussina but the yanks need him back fast.

Waterboy
    Hmmmm, It's June and Bosox are in first place. Sounds like a lot of recent years. Let's see who's there in October.

Rookie
    roger needs his 300 the team then can go on with there thing

Veteran
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jun 5 2003, 07:09 AM
    Funny...there is usually 3 or 4 hideous Yankee posts every morning. What? the fairweather crowd goes into hiding when they're in danger of being swept by a lowly team?* Which is a frequent occurance these days, isnt it?* That huge inexplicable trade I was telling y'all about is coming very soon...don't tell me you can't sense it...

Has fat george ever revoked a captainship?* That woukd be too funny.

Can we stop calling this a "team-wide slump" yet?* When does it officially become an "off year"* or as the case may be...a financial disaster of epic proportions...($200 million for sub-.500 baseball)

Has Missina won a game in the last month?* Hey JonEJoke....how is that "Moose 4 Cy Young Watch" working out for ya?* Loser!
    Like I said earlier, When the Sox are 15 games up then I'll start to worry.

Your team is still a mirage and by the end of June, Little Theo will be throwing things out the window in his suite.

Enjoy life while you can. All will soon be corrected for good.

Then again why should we respond to trash like this when you basically went into hiding last week after the Yanks took 2 of three from the Sox and 2 of three from the Tigers ? We heard you Monday and Saturday when the Yanks lost but the rest of the week you were nowhere to be found. HMMMMM

All Pro
    Then again why should we respond to trash like this when you basically went into hiding last week after the Yanks took 2 of three from the Sox and 2 of three from the Tigers ? We heard you Monday and Saturday when the Yanks lost but the rest of the week you were nowhere to be found. HMMMMM

True, true. Talk about a fair weather fan. Actually, I truly believe Jet/BosoxFan is a real die-hard BoSox fan. Just that he knows that he has to get his "needle" in while he can, because the season is getting on, and soon it'll be time for the BoSox to Swoon in June again.

Veteran
    This great American Ballpark is ridiculous :lol:

I don't think Coors Field is this bad...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jun 5 2003, 07:09 AM
    Funny...there is usually 3 or 4 hideous Yankee posts every morning. What? the fairweather crowd goes into hiding when they're in danger of being swept by a lowly team? Which is a frequent occurance these days, isnt it? That huge inexplicable trade I was telling y'all about is coming very soon...don't tell me you can't sense it...

Can we stop calling this a "team-wide slump" yet? When does it officially become an "off year" or as the case may be...a financial disaster of epic proportions...($200 million for sub-.500 baseball)

Has Missina won a game in the last month? Hey JonEJoke....how is that "Moose 4 Cy Young Watch" working out for ya? Loser!
    Hey BlowCox.....

The only "joke" posting on this board is you, and you know it. You continue to sing your tune. Oh well, you're nice for entertainment purposes.

As has been discovered my many who read your slander, you show yourself to be of the "fair weather" variety. The only time you tend to post is when the Yanks have a 2 game slide, or the Sawx win a couple of shootouts. We didn't hear you flapping when the Sawx lost 5 in a row!!

Jeter has been our captain for 2 games, and you make yourself out to be even more of an idiot when saying "the Yanks haven't won since Jeter was named captain."

Well come to think of it, until the Sawx swept the lowly Pirates, who your Sawx outspend by roughly $100 million a year, they hadn't won in since the earth rotated about 7 times. (For you thats a week&#33

The Yanks miss Bernie's bat in the lineup, as would the Sawx miss Nomar if he wasn't playing. Yet, you tend NOT to bring that up......typical!!

Do us all a favor....keep your predictions about the Yanks to a minimum......because in the end....you know the Yanks will get it done!!

As for the Nets.......I saw your buddy Antoine Walker here in Kiawah hitting the the little white ball this past weekend!!

Veteran
    Too bad the Yankees don't play the Sox every week so they could run away with the division and Boston would be behind the Yankees where they belong and get it over with that much quicker.

All Pro
    Originally posted by shawn306+Jun 5 2003, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shawn306 @ Jun 5 2003, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan@Jun 5 2003, 07:09 AM
    Funny...there is usually 3 or 4 hideous Yankee posts every morning. What? the fairweather crowd goes into hiding when they&#39;re in danger of being swept by a lowly team? Which is a frequent occurance these days, isnt it? That huge inexplicable trade I was telling y&#39;all about is coming very soon...don&#39;t tell me you can&#39;t sense it...

Can we stop calling this a "team-wide slump" yet? When does it officially become an "off year" or as the case may be...a financial disaster of epic proportions...(&#036;200 million for sub-.500 baseball)

Has Missina won a game in the last month? Hey JonEJoke....how is that "Moose 4 Cy Young Watch" working out for ya? Loser&#33;
    Like I said earlier, When the Sox are 15 games up then I&#39;ll start to worry.

Your team is still a mirage and by the end of June, Little Theo will be throwing things out the window in his suite.

Then again why should we respond to trash like this when you basically went into hiding last week after the Yanks took 2 of three from the Sox and 2 of three from the Tigers ? We heard you Monday and Saturday when the Yanks lost but the rest of the week you were nowhere to be found. HMMMMM [/b][/quote]
    The only mirage so far is that the Yanks are a 120 win team. Does anyone remember those posts in here? I think there was a 140 win post.

Kidding aside, the Red Sox have been the most consistent team in the East. Their hitting has been consistent. It is not like Manny has 30 jacks and is carrying the team. There starting pitching minus the series in Texas and last weeks Toronto series has been good. Not great like the Yanks early start, but good. There bullpen while still subject to an ocassional flameout has been okay.

JonE

Wrong. Didn&#39;t the Sox two seasons ago miss Nomar for the whole season and Pedro for 20+ starts? Yet they were contenders until AUgust when Duq fired Jimy Williams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jun 5 2003, 08:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Jun 5 2003, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -shawn306@Jun 5 2003, 11:42 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan
    @Jun 5 2003, 07:09 AM
    Funny...there is usually 3 or 4 hideous Yankee posts every morning. What? the fairweather crowd goes into hiding when they&#39;re in danger of being swept by a lowly team? Which is a frequent occurance these days, isnt it? That huge inexplicable trade I was telling y&#39;all about is coming very soon...don&#39;t tell me you can&#39;t sense it...

Can we stop calling this a "team-wide slump" yet? When does it officially become an "off year" or as the case may be...a financial disaster of epic proportions...(&#036;200 million for sub-.500 baseball)

Has Missina won a game in the last month? Hey JonEJoke....how is that "Moose 4 Cy Young Watch" working out for ya? Loser&#33;

The only mirage so far is that the Yanks are a 120 win team. Does anyone remember those posts in here? I think there was a 140 win post.

Kidding aside, the Red Sox have been the most consistent team in the East. Their hitting has been consistent. It is not like Manny has 30 jacks and is carrying the team. There starting pitching minus the series in Texas and last weeks Toronto series has been good. Not great like the Yanks early start, but good. There bullpen while still subject to an ocassional flameout has been okay.

JonE

Wrong. Didn&#39;t the Sox two seasons ago miss Nomar for the whole season and Pedro for 20+ starts? Yet they were contenders until AUgust when Duq fired Jimy Williams. [/b][/quote]
    Phishk...

wrong. Aren&#39;t the Yanks contenders now??

Veteran
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jun 5 2003, 08:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Jun 5 2003, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -shawn306@Jun 5 2003, 11:42 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan
    @Jun 5 2003, 07:09 AM

JonE

Wrong. Didn&#39;t the Sox two seasons ago miss Nomar for the whole season and Pedro for 20+ starts? Yet they were contenders until AUgust when Duq fired Jimy Williams. [/b][/quote]
    Fortunately I don&#39;t think I was in on any of those posts but they were out there.

You won&#39;t see a team like that 98 team for a long time.

Like I said I don&#39;t worry about it cause sooner or later Torre will

1) Juggle the lineup (Please get Matsui out of the two spot and sit Juan Rivera for a game or 30.)

2) Bernie and Nick Johnson come back
    3) Mussina and Pettitte start pitching well again.

The bullpen is getting better now that Acevedo is out of the mix.

There may be an eruption from Mt. Steinbrenner but if does happen the only head that would roll would probably be hitting coach Rick Down.

All Pro
    You&#39;ve got that right Shawn. Things will soon get better.

All Pro
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Jun 5 2003, 12:40 PM

There in contention, but I doubt I would consider them contenders. I would say they are at best 4th, maybe 3rd in the AL. In otherwords, they are a first round casualty.

Shawn

A team gets swept in a series that in an aberration. A team flushes a 20-4 start down the toilet by going 13-21, that is more then a slump. The Yanks period of playing like crap is longer then their good period.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jun 5 2003, 09:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Jun 5 2003, 09:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet@Jun 5 2003, 12:40 PM

There in contention, but I doubt I would consider them contenders. I would say they are at best 4th, maybe 3rd in the AL. In otherwords, they are a first round casualty.
    [/b][/quote]
    And the Sawx lead the pack.........right&#33;&#33;&#33; <_< :lol:

Veteran

Oh, like the angels were last year....You can&#39;t count out any seed anymore..That said, the yankees will win the division. Red Sox will get the wild card, and whatever happens happens.

All Pro
    Originally posted by JonEJet+Jun 5 2003, 01:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Jun 5 2003, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -PFSIKH@Jun 5 2003, 09:15 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet
    @Jun 5 2003, 12:40 PM

wrong.* Aren&#39;t the Yanks contenders now??

And the Sawx lead the pack.........right&#33;&#33;&#33; <_< :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Do the math moron. 3 or 4 contenders. Mariners = 1, As =2, Twinkies = 3. I did not mention the Sox. Above I said there bullpen was ok. An Ok bullpen will not cut it in baseball were only the better teams get in the playoffs unlike the NBA and NHL. Do I think the Sox can win the East? Yes. I think there hitting and starting pitching can carry them to a point, but not a title or being labeled as a serious contender.

Vona
    They got hot at the right time and it carried them to a title. It is not like that has ever happened before.

Veteran
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Jun 5 2003, 09:36 AM
    Vona
    They got hot at the right time and it carried them to a title. It is not like that has ever happened before.
    with a little help from there friends.

As for the angels, I wasn&#39;t as mad as i would have been. What they did was excellent for baseball, and great for all fans. Now, no one knows whats going to happen this year, but it should be very interesting, and lots of fun.

I know that the Yanks have there finger on a trade anyday now...lets just see what happens.

What do you guys think about, Mike Lowell, Todd Hollansworth and Braden Looper for Almonte, Weaver, and Rivera?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Vona41+Jun 5 2003, 09:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vona41 @ Jun 5 2003, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH@Jun 5 2003, 09:36 AM
    Vona
    with a little help from there friends.

As for the angels, I wasn&#39;t as mad as i would have been. What they did was excellent for baseball, and great for all fans. Now, no one knows whats going to happen this year, but it should be very interesting, and lots of fun.

I know that the Yanks have there finger on a trade anyday now...lets just see what happens.

What do you guys think about, Mike Lowell, Todd Hollansworth and Braden Looper for Almonte, Weaver, and Rivera? [/b][/quote]
    I think when Almonte got sent down he got hurt and is on the DL right for like 4-6 weeks.

It&#39;s interesting though. I think Lowell is a free agent at the end of the year so the Marlins are probably looking to get something back for him.

Hollandsworth: Don&#39;t know what the Yanks would do with him. I don&#39;t really like him anyway.

Looper: I&#39;d take in a heartbeat.

I think though the Marlins would hold out for Nick Johnson when he gets off the DL