Thread: make me feel better

All League
    Can someone slap me across the face and tell me NOT to feel guilty for lying to my work and leaving early today? I finished at 1.45pm saying I was going to be "on the road the rest of the afternoon." I came home early. Beer anyone?

Veteran
    Odds are you've given them more minutes than you've taken...chalk it up to mental health time management and enjoy your beer.

BB

JetsInsider.com Legend
    theres no sense in lying to get out of work if you are going to feel guilty about it

carpe diem that's latin for get wasted!

Veteran
    Man I always thought it meant sieze the day not sieze the beer.

All League
    I just had a twang of guilt, but I mean if I was at the office I'd do jack. It would be just showing face. Besides, this week was long and I worked hard. Believe me, I'm not the worst one in the office.

Hall Of Fame
    geez, I must be a piece of crap cause I'm sitting here trying to come up with an excuse to haul ass...feel guilty, ha would even be on my top ten emotions list at that time....but then again i'm just a humble public servant

All League
    my roomate tripped and twisted his ankle. He has already filled out his disability papers. A couple hours won't hurt anyone. Enjoy. Play some video games...that's what I wish I was doing.

All Pro
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Jun 20 2003, 07:01 PM
    Can someone slap me across the face and tell me NOT to feel guilty for lying to my work and leaving early today? I finished at 1.45pm saying I was going to be "on the road the rest of the afternoon." I came home early. Beer anyone?
    Enjoy it. I did some stuff like that saying I had an appointment and stayed home all day.

Veteran
    SJ, you're thinking way too much. The world always keeps on spinning. You just better hope your boss isnt a poster on JI and didnt just become wise to your scheme.

Since very few JI posters have jobs, you're most likely in the clear there!

Whatshisname makes a good point, there's no sense in taking the day off if you're not going to enjoy it. Strip club anyone?

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jun 20 2003, 04:17 PM

Since very few JI posters have jobs, you're most likely in the clear there!

Even fewer have made 983 posts.

SJ you should feel guity. I'm locked up here until 9PM and will miss a good part of the baseball game. Maybe Cashin will cancel it so I can see a double-header tomorrow.

All League
    Just got back from the gym. Feels great. Normally I'd be getting home by now if I'm lucky so any guilt I might have had is loooong gone. Cold beer in the fridge and ball games on tv tonight. Sweet.

Banned
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Jun 20 2003, 03:01 PM
    Don't sweat it ... they won't feel guilty if they need to DOWNSIZE you out of a job.

Trust me ... they wouldn't lose a wink of sleep

All League
    I left at 2pm today, and was home in bed at 3. My workplace has stopped paying me for anything over 40 hours, so I get to leave early on Fridays. My best was a couple of weeks ago, when I clocked in at 9 am, and left at 9.45 am.
    After that episode, they are considering paying me my overtime again.... :lol:

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules@Jun 20 2003, 04:02 PM
    I left at 2pm today, and was home in bed at 3. My workplace has stopped paying me for anything over 40 hours, so I get to leave early on Fridays. My best was a couple of weeks ago, when I clocked in at 9 am, and left at 9.45 am.
    Stick it to the man!

Maxman
    Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules@Jun 20 2003, 06:02 PM
    That is funny. Really funny.