1 D

You must start:

1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

For the D bye week, I say you either drop your D or a benched player (and believe me you will have NO problem doing that with 20 teams playing in this as you will have #3 RBs on some teams) to pick up a starting D if you so choose.
    2.)
    1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

Then we can have extra roster spots to add players off of waivers if we want. If we go with my proposal, that will cut our draft to 6 hours while still using 2 minutes per selection. The more I think about this, we're almost going to have to implement the defense rule for kickers, qbs, and running backs if we want it to be fair.
    3.)
    1 QB
    1 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 RB/WR
    1 PK
    1 Defense.

As far as how many of each position should be drafted that should be left up to each manager. If we say we will have 13 selections that gives us 5 bench players.
    If I want to go heavy on WRs and have 4 and Scottish wants to go heavy on RBS and have 5 thats a coaches choice.
    With the RB/WR that gives you the flexability to put in an extra RB or WR depending on the matchup. For instance If I have Marshall Faulk against the Lions and Corey Dillion against the Texans for RBs and My WRs are R Moss against Arizona C Conway against Philly and Eric Moulds against the Bucs.
    I would want to play my 2 RBS and only play 2WRs of course Moss against Zona the other 2 are a crap shoot . So I go 2 RBs because they are no brainers.
    Also keep in mind there are only 32 starting RBs who also have bye weeks.
    So I feel its a must to have a flex (RB/WR) position as spread thin as we will be. This gives you a better chance that either you will have a better match up with one or the other where if you go the other route you have to put in 3 WRs and 2 RBs.

Rookie
    20 GM'S PICK ONE OF THE THREE. RULING WILL COME DOWN MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Veteran
    Put me down for #3

Bitter
    I'd take number 3 as well. Wouldn't be opposed to dropping the WR/RB position either.

Rookie
    I vote #3. 20 guys makes too many positions too thin if you used #1 or #2.

Waterboy
    No 3 for me too please

Undrafted Free Agent
    Tres.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

This is absolutely the way to go~~

As far as drafting, it;s up to the GM to draft!!

I think there should be 16 rounds!! Take that to the bank and cash it!!

Rookie
    When is the draft? Sorry if it was already posted, I'm traveling and the connection is too slow for me to go through all the posts. WOuld take hours.

Rookie
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Jun 21 2003, 09:43 PM
    1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

This is absolutely the way to go~~

As far as drafting, it;s up to the GM to draft!!

I think there should be 16 rounds!! Take that to the bank and cash it!!
    your the first person to comment on my signature! like that huh!

Rookie
    double o espn fantasy draft is up and running june 25th!!!!!!! I will set it up that day and post when the draft will be.

Rookie
    o.k. i forgot we have some people who are not at a computer on the weekends. sorry guys. the time limit for this vote is extended till midnight sunday.

Rookie
    League Manager: FAQ

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Have questions about our new product League Manager? Here are some answers!

Question: What is this new product you're seeing ESPN play up so much?

ESPN's answer: We call it League Manager, but you'll be calling it the best fantasy football game you've played by the time the 2003 season kicks off. Whether you're the commissioner of your league or an owner, League Manager rocks because you can play by your own rules. Heck, you can be in charge!
    Q: Yeah, but why is it so cool?

ESPN's answer: You can customize the game to be whatever style and rules you want! Here are a few examples:

Your league can have between 2 and 20 teams (though, for scheduling, it must be an even number.)

Four weeks of playoffs? Four wildcard teams? We can handle.

Count long touchdowns differently, or interceptions?

How about using just running backs, or abolishing kickers? (Sure&#33

You can use team quarterbacks in case your starter gets hurt.
    Pick only players from the AFC or NFC.

Customize the draft order, so it's in line with what you and your leaguemates select!

Place teams in one or two divisions. (Our engineers promise us more divisions in future seasons...)

And also sometime later, you should be able to set your own schedule.

Yes, we're there for you! It's your league, and we let you be the manager of it.

Q: So what do I do with my existing team(s)?

ESPN's answer: Well, if you'd prefer to move your other leagues to League Manager, we'd highly recommend you do so. We've got the best interface, great editorial and of course, those four letters beginning with E and ending with N. If your other league keeps three players and you're coming over to us, well, just make sure everyone makes their first three picks in the drafts those keepers. And since your league has a commish, he can fix things that might go awry. See, easy.

Q: Sure, great game, but what does it cost?

ESPN's answer: You'll find League Manager is very comparable in price to industry standards. In fact, you pay per league, not per individual team. For just $99.95 you can get your league entered on League Manager, and then divide up the cost with your fellow owners depending on how many are in the league. That's right, unlike other ESPN games, you don't pay individually, you pay as a group. So if you have a 10 person league, that's just $10 per team. Or you guys figure out how to divide it up. Maybe you throw in a little extra, have a little party, whatever you want. But let's reiterate one more time, LM doesn't cost $99.95 per owner, but per league. What a bargain!

Q: So you give us a league, anything else?

Of course. If you want a little bit extra for your league, we've got that, too! What's better than having your draft board up on the wall like the real experts do? Purchase a cool Draft Board, in which you can paste in all the picks per team in one organized place for all to see, and be the star of the draft. Or you can buy a special trophy to award to the league champ, maybe even to you!

You can get the regular League Manager package plus Board for $119.85, or the LM package plus Trophy for $124.85. And if you want it all, it's a discounted $139.75. Still a great bargain.

Let's sum it up:

You get a full league with League Manager for just $99.95 ... then, you can...

add ESPN Fantasy Football League Manager Trophy (Just $19.95, plus $4.95 Shipping & Handling)

add ESPN Fantasy Football League Manager Draft Board (Just $14.95, plus $4.95 S&H)

add ESPN Fantasy Football League Manager Draft Board AND Trophy (Just $34.85, plus $4.95 S&H) Save $5.00!

Q: Draft Board? Tell us more! What's that all about? Isn't that offline?

ESPN's answer: Sure it is, but you can try a draft with ESPN, and remember we give you two ways to draft. You can check out our all new Flash-based live draft, or get all your buddies together to scarf down pizza, make your picks, and then easily enter those picks into our system. Instead of a chat room with your pals, enjoy the camaraderie of being in person, stuffing your faces with pizza and trying to say the word "Vanderjagt" and making fun of your pals' picks all at the same time. The Draft Board has space for all the teams in your league in a handy 3' x 6' grid, and provides a list of players in sticker form you can draft, easily color-coded by position. You draft Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, don't worry about how to spell it, just peel the sticker and add it to your team! Then everyone can see your selections. When purchasing your league, this draft board is available as an option for only $14.95 plus $5.00 s/h. That's just an extra $1.66 per user for a 12-team league. You can't beat that.

Q: When will LM launch?

ESPN's answer: Like our regular topnotch Fantasy Football game on ESPN, LM will follow the normal football season, so when the Jets and Redskins start playing on Thursday, Sept. 4, the season begins. The LM game itself will fully launch this summer, at the latest by early July, so you can officially get in the game then, gather up your buddies, pick a draft date with plenty of time, and exact system of play to be determined, and get started. It's a loooooong offseason, so head to our Intro page and enter your e-mail address. When LM is fully launched, we'll notify you and you can get started. We do all the work, then it's your turn.

Q: What about overall prizes and UBER?

ESPN's answer: Because each league is customizable, it would be near impossible to compare some leagues with others. So as a result, there is no calculation method possible to rate all leagues on one system. To be a candidate for the normal great prizes on ESPN, you can still play regular FFL, which will launch around the same time as LM. Also, if you're a fan of UBER, we cannot include your scores on League Manager to count toward that section of our game. Regular FFL will remain an UBER option.

However, there remain prizes for league winners in LM. The commish of your league can help your individual league determine the prize, though we recommend the standout Championship Trophy we discussed (an 9" high metal cup on a wood base, engraved with the ESPN League Manager logo and "ESPN Fantasy Football League Manager, 2003 League Champion").

Q: So how do FFL and LM compare?

Just about everything in LM is customizable, but here's a small description comparing each:

In FFL: cost is $29.95 per team

In LM: cost is $99.95 (or more depending on options) per entire league

In FFL: league size is 8, 10 or 12 teams

In LM: league size can be any even number from 4 through 20!

In FFL: scoring is either traditional or performance

In LM: count whatever scoring you like!

We'd recommend you try both FFL and LM so you don't miss anything. If you're a long-time player of fantasy football, you may be ready for LM. Or maybe you're comfortable with our FFL game, and it's just right for you. That's fine, too.

But whatever you do, get in the game!

Rookie
    WHOEVER DIDN'T VOTE. PLEASE VOTE BY MIDNIGHT. THANK YOU

Banned
    I like #3.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I can't wait for this damn thing to get started!!

I'm gonna kick some ass!! :lol:

Rookie
    OFFICIAL RULING - #3 IT IS.

Veteran
    GL which package did you get?

Rookie
    $140.00 league manager

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by GREEN LANTERN@Jun 23 2003, 07:03 AM
    OFFICIAL RULING - #3 IT IS.
    I have been in many leagues!!