Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: JWN! Yes, HE'S BACK

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island whenever possible
    Posts
    2,519

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    HH, did you hear the speech Joe gave today ... at the official website?

    Ole Broadway Joe still got that gift of gab, baby ... can even give the hermanator a run for his money

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    698
    he's the man!

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island whenever possible
    Posts
    2,519
    GJ&H, I started to, but the voice quaility was so bad I gave up. I'll try again later. Saw your post last night on Joe and how you feel about him. I could not agree more!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Originally posted by HermsHerald@Jun 25 2003, 10:12 PM
    GJ&H, I started to, but the voice quaility was so bad I gave up. I'll try again later. Saw your post last night on Joe and how you feel about him. I could not agree more!
    HH, I listened to it tonite and it sounded great ... maybe they worked out the kinks?

    As for my feelings about Joe ... the guy is my all-time hero.

    He was the reason I bought white cleets as a kid {first pair of cleets I ever owned} ... and the reason I wore #12 when I played sandlot ball with my friends {even though I played WR and CB}

    Oh yeah, and I also had my white NY JETS helment ... the offical Joe Namath special.

    It was absolutely insane ... I even adopted his mannerism's!!

    If I had any confidence as a kid, or any success with the girls, it was only because I was doing a poor imitation of Joe Namtah.

    Bottom Line: I don't know if athletes are roll models or even if they should be roll models, but speaking for myself ... THAT MAN was my roll model, and there was never a close second.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    PS. When I was a kid I thought Ann Margret was the most beautiful thing on Gods green earth.

    When I saw Joe Namath walkin arm-in-arm with Ann Margret, that clinched it.

    I was like ... WOW, this guy is the coolest man on the planet.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    698
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jun 25 2003, 10:48 PM
    PS. When I was a kid I thought Ann Margret was the most beautiful thing on Gods green earth.

    When I saw Joe Namath walkin arm-in-arm with Ann Margret, that clinched it.

    I was like ... WOW, this guy is the coolest man on the planet.
    you sound like my twin. and she still looks good.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    1,547
    Originally posted by HermsHerald@Jun 25 2003, 10:05 PM
    Awesome photo Herm!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island whenever possible
    Posts
    2,519
    This article today reminicses about the day 38 years ago Joe posed for the famous Sports Illustrated cover entitled "Football Goes Show Biz".

    Joe maintains it was actually no less a figure than Sherman Plunkett who first coined the name "Broadway Joe".

    http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...tball-headlines

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    643
    Ann Margret she's still hot..... if all woman aged like her all men would be dead by 59.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782







  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    What the hell is a " Ambassador-at-Large for the Club" anyway?

    I like Joe and all, but I think its a little distasteful to trot him out like this just to curry support for a new stadium.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,282
    Originally posted by tailgators@Jun 26 2003, 11:55 AM
    What the hell is a " Ambassador-at-Large for the Club" anyway?

    I like Joe and all, but I think its a little distasteful to trot him out like this just to curry support for a new stadium.
    The Jets Ambassador to Zambia post was already filled.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island whenever possible
    Posts
    2,519
    The BIg Three SI Covers that some of you fans may remember.

    Rookie Signing 1965, August

    Legendary FUMANCHU cover Dec 68

    Week after SuperBowl, Jan 69

    I think some of you will smile remembering these.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Originally posted by HermsHerald@Jun 26 2003, 12:22 PM
    The BIg Three SI Covers that some of you fans may remember.

    Rookie Signing 1965, August

    Legendary FUMANCHU cover Dec 68

    Week after SuperBowl, Jan 69

    I think some of you will smile remembering these.
    I remember the rookie signing and the one of the week after the SB. Can't for the life of me recall the Fu Manchu one though. :ph34r:

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island whenever possible
    Posts
    2,519
    MBN007, I know the Fu Man Chu one created a stir, because of the hirsuteness of Joe at that time. It's been mentioned in bio articles of Joe that this is when his very late 60's look began to be imitated by other players, who were still mostly in the Unitas crew cut mode.

    Of course, one of Joe's other covers, not here, had to do with His Bachelor's III troubles. That was the very next one after the Super Joe cover.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us