Thread: If Evans gets reinstated after 8 games

All Pro
    When does the league notify the Jets (if he's still with the team)?

All League
    He has to file a request for reinstatement, after an appropriate time has pass, whatever that might be. Probably 8 weeks at which time Tag will either accept or deny the request.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Once his petition for reinstatement is granted, he's immediately eligible to practice with the team and can start that week.

The Jets will receive no advance notice of when this may be.

Veteran
    Wasn't he already booted for a whole season when he was a Titan?

Why would he only get 8 games for yet another offense?

Banned
    Samething happened with Leon Lett and Dale Carter. They both were suspended 3 times, and then on the fourth offense were suspended indefinately. They were reinstated after 8 games because Paul Tag, reinstated them.

Carter and Lett are no where near the stand up guy & citizen that Josh Evans is.

Evans is almost a lock to be back by november.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 2 2003, 03:35 PM
    Samething happened with Leon Lett and Dale Carter. They both were suspended 3 times, and then on the fourth offense were suspended indefinately. They were reinstated after 8 games because Paul Tag, reinstated them.

Carter and Lett are no where near the stand up guy & citizen that Josh Evans is.

Is it at all possible he will be back sooner? I herd he didn't even fail, it was just inconclusive and upon retesting and a lie detector test he passed. Any truth at all?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 2 2003, 05:35 PM

You are making assumptions MasterMind. You gotta remember that Evans was once banned an entire season before. He wasn't allowed back.

The Jets and their fans should just move forward as if Evan's season is over. Because if you truly start to believe that he'll be back in 8 games. You are setting yourself up for an enormous letdown when he doesn't return.

If he missed only one test, He will be back.
    If he missed two or more tests. He could be done for the year.
    If he failed a test- See you maybe in 2004.
    If he failed one or more tests- Evans should start retirement plans.

I hope that The Jets have full information on this issue.

Veteran
    Is that avatar really neccessary , he used to give me nightmares when I was younger .

Veteran
    I'm sure he's a great guy...but if Tags uses personality as his basis for reinstating a 4 time loser then I will wonder how much the Jets are paying this time (the cash from Testaverde's helmet score must be just about gone).

He f***ed up plain and simple...he's a stoner who has been caught...repeatedly. That doesn't make him a bad guy...just dumb. He can take all the polygraphs in the world, it doesn't mean sh*t if no one in his muti-million doller world can get him to show up at the right time to pee in a cup.

You guys like him and the Jets need him, so you'll make every excuse in the world for the guy, but no one wants to face the facts. He got himself into a very stringent substance control and monitoring program, and was either too dumb, or too undisciplined to follow it.

By the way, isn't this strike 4? I thought he got out of his last "third strike" on a technicality.
    Why does he deserve a 5th strike? Because he's a swell guy? BS... have a seat Josh...we'll see ya next season...maybe.

BB

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Jul 2 2003, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YoungJetsFan @ Jul 2 2003, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 2 2003, 05:35 PM

You are making assumptions MasterMind. You gotta remember that Evans was once banned an entire season before. He wasn&#39;t allowed back. [/b][/quote]
    Lett was suspended for a year also and Evans has a stronger case. Check the 3rd page of this thread...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...=2&t=4009&st=50

Banned
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Jul 2 2003, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YoungJetsFan @ Jul 2 2003, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 2 2003, 05:35 PM

You are making assumptions MasterMind. You gotta remember that Evans was once banned an entire season before. He wasn&#39;t allowed back.

The Jets and their fans should just move forward as if Evan&#39;s season is over. Because if you truly start to believe that he&#39;ll be back in 8 games. You are setting yourself up for an enormous letdown when he doesn&#39;t return.

If he missed only one test, He will be back.
    If he missed two or more tests. He could be done for the year.
    If he failed a test- See you maybe in 2004.
    If he failed one or more tests- Evans should start retirement plans.

I hope that The Jets have full information on this issue. [/b][/quote]
    Samething happened with Lett and Carter

Banned
    Originally posted by Buffboy@Jul 2 2003, 01:56 PM
    I&#39;m sure he&#39;s a great guy...but if Tags uses personality as his basis for reinstating a 4 time loser then I will wonder how much the Jets are paying this time (the cash from Testaverde&#39;s helmet score must be just about gone).

He f***ed up plain and simple...he&#39;s a stoner who has been caught...repeatedly. That doesn&#39;t make him a bad guy...just dumb. He can take all the polygraphs in the world, it doesn&#39;t mean sh*t if no one in his muti-million doller world can get him to show up at the right time to pee in a cup.

You guys like him and the Jets need him, so you&#39;ll make every excuse in the world for the guy, but no one wants to face the facts. He got himself into a very stringent substance control and monitoring program, and was either too dumb, or too undisciplined to follow it.

By the way, isn&#39;t this strike 4? I thought he got out of his last "third strike" on a technicality.
    Why does he deserve a 5th strike? Because he&#39;s a swell guy? BS... have a seat Josh...we&#39;ll see ya next season...maybe.

BB
    Listen Buffboy, I&#39;m not making excuses, Evans most likely will be back by mid season.

We all know that he screwed up and is probably dumb, i&#39;m not disputing that, what I&#39;m saying is he will most likely be reinstated.

So chill with all the language, I don&#39;t need some bills fan to tell me what he thinks that I&#39;m trying to do here.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Jul 2 2003, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Jul 2 2003, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Buffboy@Jul 2 2003, 01:56 PM
    I&#39;m sure he&#39;s a great guy...but if Tags uses personality as his basis for reinstating a 4 time loser then I will wonder how much the Jets are paying this time (the cash from Testaverde&#39;s helmet score must be just about gone).

He f***ed up plain and simple...he&#39;s a stoner who has been caught...repeatedly. That doesn&#39;t make him a bad guy...just dumb. He can take all the polygraphs in the world, it doesn&#39;t mean sh*t if no one in his muti-million doller world can get him to show up at the right time to pee in a cup.

You guys like him and the Jets need him, so you&#39;ll make every excuse in the world for the guy, but no one wants to face the facts. He got himself into a very stringent substance control and monitoring program, and was either too dumb, or too undisciplined to follow it.

By the way, isn&#39;t this strike 4? I thought he got out of his last "third strike" on a technicality.
    Why does he deserve a 5th strike? Because he&#39;s a swell guy? BS... have a seat Josh...we&#39;ll see ya next season...maybe.

BB
    Listen Buffboy, I&#39;m not making excuses, Evans most likely will be back by mid season.

We all know that he screwed up and is probably dumb, i&#39;m not disputing that, what I&#39;m saying is he will most likely be reinstated.

So chill with all the language, I don&#39;t need some bills fan to tell me what he thinks that I&#39;m trying to do here. [/b][/quote]
    JDM;

I didn&#39;t mean to imply you were making excuses...I meant Jets fans in general. Honestly, if this was Sam Adams or Pat Williams, I would probably be looking for an early return for them too.

What I don&#39;t understand is this. Presumably, punishments handed out by the league are progressive (i.e. they get more severe with every transgression) So, why after a full season suspension in Tennessee, would the suspension for the latest violation be only 8 games? It would seem stupid to punish less for additional wrongdoing. Also, I don&#39;t understand where the polygraph fits into this discussion. Has any suspension in league history ever been influenced by a lie-detector test? Especially one that was not performed by or at the request of the league.

Any anger I have isn&#39;t directed at Jets fans...it&#39;s actually at the league if they were to return this guy with any suspension shorter than the entire 2004 season...he&#39;s screwed up time after time. I don&#39;t care if he&#39;s friendly or personable...a lot of stoners are...it doesn&#39;t make it any less illegal or banned by the league.

BB

Banned
    Leon Lett, did cocaine. Got suspended 3 times. Then on his 4th suspension, was reinstated by november.

Josh has to go into a manitory program now, and if he shows progress and willingness then he will be reinstated by november. Taglibue takes into account of how much a player does for his team, community, and so on.

Evans who is a stand up guy, who I know wants to play, and I know isn&#39;t stupid enough to not work with that program, like I said is a lock to be reinstated.