Thread: Clueless Joe!

Rookie
    How the "F" can Joe Torre bring in "Hitch" to pitch the bottom of the 10th in last night's game. That's the same as forfiting. This isn't little league where every one has to get in the game. Joe plain and simple, gave away last night's game with that totally assanine move. He is such a dope. I can't stand it anymore. And, I can't wait until he gets fired after the Yankes get bombed in the first round of the playoffs just like last year. Bad team baseball is bad baseball. Ie; lead the league in errors, hitting into double plays and just all around stupid play. But, as Joe says to all this, what can you do, Tip your cap! ARRRRRGH. JOE MUST GO!!!!!!!!!&#3 3; :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All Pro
    It's just 1 game. Cool it. Let's see what happens in October.

Rookie
    One game here. One game there. The guy is an idiot. First let me say that I love the Yankees. That's why it kills me to see this moron running this team. Back during the championship years the Yankees talent was far superior to any othe club. PLus, the Yankees were lead by Tino, O'Neill, Brosus. Joe took a nap for 7-8 ninnings. then, went out and got MO. Those days are over. He needs to manage. Ad, it is painfully abvious that with out having twice the talent level as the othe teams, he has no idea what he's doing. For some reason, the media and most Yankee fans think it's there right to have the championship trophy sent to the Bronx in October. Everyone says, don't worry. They got it in the bag. It's a gimme. But, just like last year, when you play bad baseball all season , it will show in the end! The Angels certainly showed the Yankees that last year.

:[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Veteran
    Now you sound like JBS...a Boston "mark"

Who would you suggest to replace Torre with? Name 1 manager that would be an upgrade...Valentine? Dent?

Joe will be just fine. If you want to get Angry, get Angry at the impatient hitting (Matsui), brain-dead base running (Soriano) and lazy fielding (Jeter)...not the management. Hitchcock is done...he had a few weeks to pull his game together and he went out and laid an egg...again. You can't pound Mariano every night...at some point you have to trust the rest of your mega-million bullpen to get it done. He didn't. If there's a knock against Joe, it's that he can't keep the team motivated...but I don't believe that he's lost the team. Remember how the team reacted after the no-hitter against them. Joe addressed the team and they responded.

Patience my friend...this is July and we're still #1 in the East.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Buffboy@Jul 11 2003, 10:18 AM
    Now you sound like JBS...a Boston "mark"

Who would you suggest to replace Torre with? Name 1 manager that would be an upgrade...Valentine? Dent?

Joe will be just fine. If you want to get Angry, get Angry at the impatient hitting (Matsui), brain-dead base running (Soriano) and lazy fielding (Jeter)...not the management. Hitchcock is done...he had a few weeks to pull his game together and he went out and laid an egg...again. You can't pound Mariano every night...at some point you have to trust the rest of your mega-million bullpen to get it done. He didn't. If there's a knock against Joe, it's that he can't keep the team motivated...but I don't believe that he's lost the team. Remember how the team reacted after the no-hitter against them. Joe addressed the team and they responded.

Patience my friend...this is July and we're still #1 in the East.
    Thank you.

Panic time is for Boston, not here, not now.

Rookie
    This is the exact attitude that I am talking about. The championship trophy is ours, just send it to the Bronx in October. Torre is a sleep at the wheel and his team follows his lead. As for a replacement, anyone over Joe would be an upgrade. Put Billy Martin's corpse on the bench and he would do a better job than Clueless Joe. The sad part is when it's all said and done, and we are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, Joe will give us his trademark quote of what can you do, just tip your cap.
    :o

Veteran
    Originally posted by #90@Jul 11 2003, 11:17 AM
    This is the exact attitude that I am talking about. The championship trophy is ours, just send it to the Bronx in October. Torre is a sleep at the wheel and his team follows his lead. As for a replacement, anyone over Joe would be an upgrade. Put Billy Martin's corpse on the bench and he would do a better job than Clueless Joe. The sad part is when it's all said and done, and we are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, Joe will give us his trademark quote of what can you do, just tip your cap.
    :o
    Martin would stink up the dugout and clubhouse...try again. Don't spout rhetoric, give me a name...who would be better?

All Pro
    Originally posted by #90@Jul 11 2003, 03:17 PM
    This is the exact attitude that I am talking about. The championship trophy is ours, just send it to the Bronx in October.
    I almost let this one go by, but be realistic. Other then against Boston, Mess and D-Rays, the Yanks have shown little "Championship" caliber. Face it, if Boston has even a half way decent bullpen the first half of the season, you would be at least 5 games out.

Veteran
    While I may agree that putting Hitchcock in the game in the 10th inning was a knuckleheaded move by Torre, he's still a great manager. Get off his back! Who knows what he was thinking? He must've been running a high fever.

And, please stop picking on Billy Martin, too.....he was also a great manager. Let him rest in peace. Amen.

Would anyone rather have Sweet Lou?

Veteran
    Originally posted by #90@Jul 11 2003, 10:15 AM
    One game here. One game there. The guy is an idiot. First let me say that I love the Yankees. That's why it kills me to see this moron running this team. Back during the championship years the Yankees talent was far superior to any othe club. PLus, the Yankees were lead by Tino, O'Neill, Brosus. Joe took a nap for 7-8 ninnings. then, went out and got MO. Those days are over. He needs to manage. Ad, it is painfully abvious that with out having twice the talent level as the othe teams, he has no idea what he's doing. For some reason, the media and most Yankee fans think it's there right to have the championship trophy sent to the Bronx in October. Everyone says, don't worry. They got it in the bag. It's a gimme. But, just like last year, when you play bad baseball all season , it will show in the end! The Angels certainly showed the Yankees that last year.

:<!--emo&Angry:--><!--endemo-->
    Why is he such a moron ? Cause he pitched Hitchcock ? You are screaming for his head because of a July game against the Cleveland Indians.

Does anyone here except Buffboy realize that the season is 162 games and not 16 ? When is he supposed to use Hitchcock ? Do you honestly think Torre is gonna use Hitchcock in a game that actually means something. He has to get some work in sometime.

Hitchcock won't even be on the post season roster.

And yes I do believe there will be October baseball in the Bronx. Do I think they can win the World Series ? Yes, but I'm not gonna sit here and guarantee that when you have good teams like Seattle in AL, Arizona, and Atlanta in the NL.

You guys have either gotten really spoiled or think that every Yankee team is a better version than 1998

Rookie
    Thank you all for proving my point! You all have the exact attitude that I am talking about........It's only July. It's only one game. Torre is the second coming of Albert Einstein, etc. As for the other guy asking who should replace Joe. I am resigned to the fact that he will not get canned until after the season ends. At that point, there will be many qualified managers to choose from. But, if we got lucky and he was canned now, I'd give Jeff Torborg a shot. He was doing a great job teaching those kids in Florida how to play the game when he got canned. The Yankees certainly could use a refresher course on baseball fundimentals(leading the league in errors, poor basr running etc)

Veteran
    Originally posted by #90@Jul 11 2003, 03:09 PM
    Thank you all for proving my point! You all have the exact attitude that I am talking about........It's only July. It's only one game. Torre is the second coming of Albert Einstein, etc. As for the other guy asking who should replace Joe. I am resigned to the fact that he will not get canned until after the season ends. At that point, there will be many qualified managers to choose from. But, if we got lucky and he was canned now, I'd give Jeff Torborg a shot. He was doing a great job teaching those kids in Florida how to play the game when he got canned. The Yankees certainly could use a refresher course on baseball fundimentals(leading the league in errors, poor basr running etc)
    Jeff Torborg has managed like 28 other teams in MLB baseball and what has he won ?

Nothing

At least if you want to fire Torre give us something a little bit fresher than that old retread.

You want to fire a guy who team has the third best record in baseball.

Sheer brillance

All Pro
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Jul 11 2003, 12:08 PM
    I almost let this one go by, but be realistic. Other then against Boston, Mess and D-Rays, the Yanks have shown little "Championship" caliber. Face it, if Boston has even a half way decent bullpen the first half of the season, you would be at least 5 games out.
    Yea and "IF" the Yanks didn't practically lead the league in leaving guys on base Boston wouldn't be sniffing the AL East, not like they will be anyways. Face it!

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jul 11 2003, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Jul 11 2003, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--#90@Jul 11 2003, 03:17 PM
    This is the exact attitude that I am talking about. The championship trophy is ours, just send it to the Bronx in October.
    I almost let this one go by, but be realistic. Other then against Boston, Mess and D-Rays, the Yanks have shown little "Championship" caliber. Face it, if Boston has even a half way decent bullpen the first half of the season, you would be at least 5 games out. [/b][/quote]
    If If If.

Please save the IFs.

If the Yankees won everygame they played the would be undefeated.

Maxman
    #90 I can only assuming that you are being sarcastic here. Fire Torre in favor of Torborg. No response is necessary, your statement says it all.

But you are right that putting in Hitchcock was a terrible move. The worst I have ever seen. I was watching the game and I told my son that the game was over once Sterling came in. What made the move worse is that he warmed up Micelli afterwards. If Micelli could warm up he could have started the inning.

I really think that Joe put Sterling in to make a statement. He is basically playing with a shortened roster because of Sterling and his contract. By putting him in he is sending a message to George...time to sh*t or get off the pot.

Sterling will be waived soon.

Veteran
    Originally posted by #90@Jul 11 2003, 09:48 AM
    How the "F" can Joe Torre bring in "Hitch" to pitch the bottom of the 10th in last night&#39;s game. That&#39;s the same as forfiting. This isn&#39;t little league where every one has to get in the game. Joe plain and simple, gave away last night&#39;s game with that totally assanine move. He is such a dope. I can&#39;t stand it anymore. And, I can&#39;t wait until he gets fired after the Yankes get bombed in the first round of the playoffs just like last year. Bad team baseball is bad baseball. Ie; lead the league in errors, hitting into double plays and just all around stupid play. But, as Joe says to all this, what can you do, Tip your cap&#33; ARRRRRGH. JOE MUST GO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    Lets be completely fair...Joe Torre deserves NO credit when the Yankees win and relatively NO blmae when they lose. He is the manager of pseudo-All Star team that has been assembled by a tyrant monopolistic ruler, who has forever tarnished the game. It was this way before JT and it will be this way afer him...at least until a hard cap is instituted.

These guys make &#036;200 million this year...they should perform EVERY single time they are called on. And Joe Torre is most definately NOT an idiot. He is one of the smartest men alive, truth be told. He has managed to convince a bunch of myopic New York-ahs that he actually has to "know something" as Yankee skipper.

Apparently, you and I, fat george, and the rest of the world can see through this facade...I have no idea why guys like Maxman, Vona, mbn007, and JonEJinx cannot&#33;?&#33;

Waterboy
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan+Jul 11 2003, 09:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet/BosoxFan @ Jul 11 2003, 09:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--#90@Jul 11 2003, 09:48 AM
    How the "F" can Joe Torre bring in "Hitch" to pitch the bottom of the 10th in last night&#39;s game. That&#39;s the same as forfiting. This isn&#39;t little league where every one has to get in the game. Joe plain and simple, gave away last night&#39;s game with that totally assanine move. He is such a dope. I can&#39;t stand it anymore. And, I can&#39;t wait until he gets fired after the Yankes get bombed in the first round of the playoffs just like last year. Bad team baseball is bad baseball. Ie; lead the league in errors, hitting into double plays and just all around stupid play. But, as Joe says to all this, what can you do, Tip your cap&#33; ARRRRRGH. JOE MUST GO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    Lets be completely fair...Joe Torre deserves NO credit when the Yankees win and relatively NO blmae when they lose. He is the manager of pseudo-All Star team that has been assembled by a tyrant monopolistic ruler, who has forever tarnished the game. It was this way before JT and it will be this way afer him...at least until a hard cap is instituted.

These guys make &#036;200 million this year...they should perform EVERY single time they are called on. And Joe Torre is most definately NOT an idiot. He is one of the smartest men alive, truth be told. He has managed to convince a bunch of myopic New York-ahs that he actually has to "know something" as Yankee skipper.

Apparently, you and I, fat george, and the rest of the world can see through this facade...I have no idea why guys like Maxman, Vona, mbn007, and JonEJinx cannot&#33;?&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re like a friggin broken record. <_< <_< <_<

Maxman
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Jul 11 2003, 09:40 PM

You&#39;re like a friggin broken record. <_< <_< <_<
    It would be nice if this one trick pony did expand his act a bit.