Thread: Mourning A Net

Practice Squad
    http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0711/1579328.html

Looks like a Laker Net Final next year.

All Pro
    I guess Mutombo gets traded to Dallas.

Originally posted by patman@Jul 11 2003, 01:02 PM
    I guess Mutombo gets traded to Dallas.
    How can Dallas trade for Mutombo. He makes a fortune.

Practice Squad
    The Nets would probably like to keep both if they think they'll end up playing the Lakers in the finals. It would be interesting to see Shaq play against both of these guys.

As a Knick fan, it's frustrating watching all these teams get better while the Knicks are stuck in cap hell, I mean, Malone & Payton to the Lakers, are you kidding me?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

NJ Nets = Buffalo Bills of the NBA

Banned
    Originally posted by Elvismax@Jul 11 2003, 01:07 PM
    The Nets would probably like to keep both if they think they'll end up playing the Lakers in the finals. It would be interesting to see Shaq play against both of these guys.

As a Knick fan, it's frustrating watching all these teams get better while the Knicks are stuck in cap hell, I mean, Malone & Payton to the Lakers, are you kidding me?
    You have no Idea. I cannot stand Layden any more, he's such a freak'n moron.

The Nets have that big black kid, Chris something? and then they have his back-up. The black albino guy, what are the NETS going to do with them now that they Mutumbo & Mourning.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Scott Leyden = Steve Phillips of the NBA

Veteran
    Originally posted by Elvismax@Jul 11 2003, 12:57 PM

I'm sure you meant a Laker cakewalk next year. Unfortunately. Why the hell does Kidd want Alonzo Mourning around so badly???

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Zo can still run and he has a half court game as well.

I'm not impressed with LA. You only get to use one ball. Shaq should be back to his sulking, unmotivated self.

All League
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan+Jul 11 2003, 01:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet/BosoxFan @ Jul 11 2003, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Elvismax@Jul 11 2003, 12:57 PM

I&#39;m sure you meant a Laker cakewalk next year. Unfortunately. Why the hell does Kidd want Alonzo Mourning around so badly??? [/b][/quote]
    What a surprise... J/bosox is wrong again. Kidd is staying, hello Alonzo. Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Now don&#39;t say I never told you Kidd was staying in NJ.

Banned
    The Nets just became a mortal lock in the east ... case closed

Banned
    With Kidds return to the god damn NETS, the Knicks have now gotten Worse. Why did Scott layden ruin the future of the Knicks. I hate that bastard.

Veteran
    GJ&H, have to agree the Nets are a lock in the East now.....provided Kidd can keep his fists away from his wifes face and stay out of jail.

Banned
    Originally posted by 1greenNUT@Jul 11 2003, 04:03 PM
    What a surprise... J/bosox is wrong again. Kidd is staying, hello Alonzo. Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Now don&#39;t say I never told you Kidd was staying in NJ.
    JBF has been assuring us for months that Kidd is a goner ... that was the constant drumbeat.

Well J-Kidd is a NJ NET ... and so is Alonzo Mourning.

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jul 11 2003, 04:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Jul 11 2003, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--1greenNUT@Jul 11 2003, 04:03 PM
    JBF has been assuring us for months that Kidd is a goner ... that was the constant drumbeat.

Well J-Kidd is a NJ NET ... and so is Alonzo Mourning. [/b][/quote]
    right on brother.. I&#39;m not one to toot my own horn, but I really felt Kidd was going to remain a Net. It was fun trying to convince JI&#39;s own wonderboy, j/bsox, that we were right. Once again we will walk right over his Celts, or was it his Kings, or Spurs. I get so confused with his bandwagoneering personality. At least us "neo-nets" fans have 6 more years to watch playoff B-ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jul 11 2003, 04:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Jul 11 2003, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--1greenNUT@Jul 11 2003, 04:03 PM

Well J-Kidd is a NJ NET ... and so is Alonzo Mourning. [/b][/quote]
    If I&#39;m a Nets fan, I don&#39;t like getting 1/2 ZO for the next 4 years&#33;&#33;

I think between Deke, Jason Collins and Aaron Williams you had a nice trio at center.

Now you have to keep Luscious Harris.....so where is your outside shot coming from?

Deke for Houston??? I wish&#33;&#33;

I&#39;d imagine you could get alot for j. Collins, possibly a shooter to fill that slot&#33;&#33;

Banned
    You could send Jason Collins, Rodny Rogers, & Anthony Parker for Spre.

The Knicks would get their center they&#39;ve been looking for & salary cap room, while the NETS get a very good perimiter shooter & scorer.

Then the Knicks could sign Gilbert Arenas and Walter McCarty( I know most knicks fans don&#39;t want him back, but he&#39;s a good 3 point shooter and defensive player.

Trade ward and Harrington some where

C-Collins
    PF- Sweeteny
    SF- McCarty
    SG-Houston
    PG-Arenas

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 11 2003, 07:47 PM

The Knicks would get their center they&#39;ve been looking for & salary cap room, while the NETS get a very good perimiter shooter & scorer.

Then the Knicks could sign Gilbert Arenas and Walter McCarty( I know most knicks fans don&#39;t want him back, but he&#39;s a good 3 point shooter and defensive player.

C-Collins
    PF- Sweeteny
    SF- McCarty
    SG-Houston
    PG-Arenas
    The Knicks only have the mid level slot to sign a Vet.

Araneas won&#39;t sign for that&#33;&#33;

Ward and harrington can probably bring us 2 ring dings, a twinkie, and maybe a yodel&#33;

Banned
    Originally posted by JonEJet+Jul 11 2003, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Jul 11 2003, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 11 2003, 07:47 PM

C-Collins
    PF- Sweeteny
    SF- McCarty
    SG-Houston
    PG-Arenas
    The Knicks only have the mid level slot to sign a Vet.

Araneas won&#39;t sign for that&#33;&#33;

Ward and harrington can probably bring us 2 ring dings, a twinkie, and maybe a yodel&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Can&#39;t I dream, WELL CAN&#39;T I&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For what it is worth to Nets fans...

Anthony Johnson is a local kid, and was just interviewed on TV down here. He doesn&#39;t think the Nets want him back next year&#33;&#33;

He turned out to be a pretty good b/u to J. Kidd&#33;&#33; The nets could do worse than resigning AJ.