Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most over rated movie of all Time

Hall Of Fame
    Jets D mastermind said in another thread that Titanic was the most over rated movie of all time, what do you guys think???

I would have to add:

Star Wars- ep 1

Old School.....

Movie was barely funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Jul 14 2003, 01:39 PM
    Old School.....

Movie was barely funny.
    ohhhh, disagree

Charter JI Member
    Flying Tiger, Hidden Dragon (I think that's what it was called)

in a word....painful

All Pro
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I guess you gotta be tripping on acid to really enjoy it.

P.S. If any of you were even considering renting "Gacy" (John Wayne) don't. Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

Practice Squad
    Who said Old School isnt funny? Crazy.....that movie is a trip, man.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Old School is hillarious

Veteran
    Jurassic Park

Practice Squad
    THE THIN RED LINE!!!

absolutely the worst movie i've ever seen. i haven't met one person who actually liked that movie, and i have no idea how it was nominated for best picture.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Jetlag@Jul 14 2003, 01:42 PM

P.S. If any of you were even considering renting "Gacy" (John Wayne) don't. Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.
    I saw that on the shelves and have been wanting to pick it up for the last few weeks, good looking out on the tip off

All Pro
    Originally posted by Vona41@Jul 14 2003, 01:46 PM
    Jurassic Park
    I wouldn't call it the worst movie of all time, but it wasn't what it was hyped up to be, that's for sure.

Veteran
    Natural Born Killers
    Any Given Sunday (Could be one of the worst football movies of all time)

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by shawn306@Jul 14 2003, 01:49 PM
    Natural Born Killers
    Any Given Sunday (Could be one of the worst football movies of all time)
    Natural Born Killers was decent but got stupid in the end, for the record Quentin Tarantino (the master) wrote that screenplay and stated that Oliver Stone butchered that movie and what was presented on screen was not his movie, I would've loved to see taht movie directed by QT, but he didn't have the pull back then, the same goes for True Romance

Banned
    Most overrated movie of all time..Titanic!

Worst Movie I have ever seen...The Piano...UGH...the things we watch because of girlfriends...

My Fave 10 movies

1) Casablanca (Classic movie)
    2) The Godfather (Mafia 101)
    3) Star wars (The original.....classic)
    4) Boogie Nights (Ya just gotta laugh)
    5) Only the Lonely (One of the funniest movies ever)
    6) Scarface (gruesome and great)
    7) The Great Escape....(Quite possibly the greatest WWII movie ever)
    8) Platoon (Great Vietnam movie)
    9) The ten Commandments (never miss it on ABC)
    10) Bachelor Party (Funny Funny Guy Comedy)

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's hard to say. Everyone has their own personal taste.

Movies, TV, Music, Sports etc are all escapes from everyday life. They are also a celebration of life through art.

Most good dramatic films have a message behind themand speak to you,and remind you of people and experiences that you have had.

Artists are basically paying tribute to the human race. good or bad. It's people from all walks of life that are being celebrated.

Everyone gets wrapped up in an image and alot of us have a social disease in being obsessed with a celebrity's everyday life. I don't care where Harrison Ford eats and who he is seen with. I could care less.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Jul 14 2003, 01:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Jul 14 2003, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag@Jul 14 2003, 01:42 PM

P.S. If any of you were even considering renting "Gacy" (John Wayne) don&#39;t. Quite possibly the worst movie I&#39;ve ever seen.
    I saw that on the shelves and have been wanting to pick it up for the last few weeks, good looking out on the tip off [/b][/quote]
    The discovery channel has done much better biographies on serial killers then this movie. Absolutely atrocious.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jul 14 2003, 01:52 PM
    It&#39;s hard to say. Everyone has their own personal taste.

Movies, TV, Music, Sports etc are all escapes from everyday life. They are also a celebration of life through art.

Most good dramatic films have a message behind themand speak to you,and remind you of people and experiences that you have had.

Artists are basically paying tribute to the human race. good or bad. It&#39;s people from all walks of life that are being celebrated.

Everyone gets wrapped up in an image and alot of us have a social disease in being obsessed with a celebrity&#39;s everyday life. I don&#39;t care where Harrison Ford eats and who he is seen with. I could care less.
    uhhhhh....thanks dude, btw do you care to answer the question or start your own thread here buddy???

just cracking your eggs there YJF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Over-hyped: any of the past few summer&#39;s "blockbusters". With a special nod to "AI".

Most over-rated: shoot me, but "Citizen Cane". If simply because of the extremism of some its "supporters".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Jul 14 2003, 05:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Jul 14 2003, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan@Jul 14 2003, 01:52 PM
    It&#39;s hard to say. Everyone has their own personal taste.

Artists are basically paying tribute to the human race. good or bad. It&#39;s people from all walks of life that are being celebrated.

Everyone gets wrapped up in an image and alot of us have a social disease in being obsessed with a celebrity&#39;s everyday life. I don&#39;t care where Harrison Ford eats and who he is seen with. I could care less.
    uhhhhh....thanks dude, btw do you care to answer the question or start your own thread here buddy???

just cracking your eggs there YJF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    OK, LOL.

I&#39;ll say, 9 and a half weeks is the most over rated film of all time. Never liked it, even though, there was a strong message in it.

Rookie
    ..... "CONGO" say no more....