Thread: More negative Jets press from ESPN.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    The Way We Hear It.
    July 14, 2003

Things were looking up in May at defensive tackle for the Jets, but now, following the suspension of Josh Evans and news that negotiations between the team and the agent for first-round pick Dewayne Robertson have been slow at best, things are nearing a low point this offseason. New Yorkwas expected to have an offer on the table for Robertson in the week after this issue went to press, and there was some concern that such a late offer wouldn't give the two sides much time to negotiate and get Robertson into camp on time. Prior to Evans' suspension, the Jets probably could have gotten away with that, as Robertson was to start the season as a backup and earn a starting job sooner rather than later. But now, Robertson is being thrust into a starting gig, and they need him in camp. Making matters worse, the Jets have little quality depth behind him. They like what third-year man James Reed has brought to the table in the past, and they’ll give second-year man Alan Harper a long look during camp. One of those players could be called upon to rotate with Robertson on a weekly basis, since the free-agent pool on defensive tackles pretty much has dried up.

I want to hear what these clowns have to say at the end of the season when we win the division again. B)

All Pro
    Every year it's always the same. Everyone predicts us to suck. Tis comes from sports writers...taken their word with a grain of salt.

All League
    Last year no one was picking the Jets to win untill we smoked everyone in all of our preseason games. Lets see if any of these guys change thier tunes after some preseason action. I'm not affended by these writers opinions because realistically if you look at the situation, thats what it looks like. Not all of these writers follow the Jets in particular so they really don't know any more than the obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by persiussa@Jul 15 2003, 03:01 PM
    Last year no one was picking the Jets to win untill we smoked everyone in all of our preseason games. Lets see if any of these guys change thier tunes after some preseason action. I'm not affended by these writers opinions because realistically if you look at the situation, thats what it looks like. Not all of these writers follow the Jets in particular so they really don't know any more than the obvious.
    I know what you're saying but it makes these so called experts look so assanined when they make these off-season predictions about the Jets flopping and then they turnaround and win the division and advance into the playoffs. Even last season, we really didn't get alot of positive press until we stomped on the Colts in the wildcard round. Then all of a sudden everyone was picking the Jets as the sleepers to go to the Superbowl.

Veteran
    while I'm a diehard jetsfan , the article above reads to me to be the plain truth,like it or not

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by joewilly@Jul 15 2003, 03:53 PM
    while I'm a diehard jetsfan , the article above reads to me to be the plain truth,like it or not
    We'll see if you stick by that when the end of the season rolls around.

Veteran
    Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Jul 15 2003, 04:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Jul 15 2003, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joewilly@Jul 15 2003, 03:53 PM
    while I&#39;m a diehard jetsfan , the article above reads to me to be the plain truth,like it or not
    We&#39;ll see if you stick by that when the end of the season rolls around. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not saying that they are right or wrong & its not about how I&#39;ll feel at the end of the season. I just think its pretty accurate to the plain facts that we haven&#39;t signed drob yet, josh is out, & reed & harper are going to have to step up as the free agent pool is empty right now.

I&#39;m confident & hopeful it&#39;ll all work out somehow but I don&#39;t see how the article is innacurate at this point in time & I think maybe we&#39;re confusing some guy telling it like it is with vicious jetbashing.

on the other hand maybe I should be castrated & thrown under a fast moving truck for even thinking theirs trouble in jetsville.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by joewilly+Jul 15 2003, 04:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joewilly @ Jul 15 2003, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Jul 15 2003, 04:00 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--joewilly
    @Jul 15 2003, 03:53 PM
    while I&#39;m a diehard jetsfan , the article above reads to me to be the plain truth,like it or not

We&#39;ll see if you stick by that when the end of the season rolls around.
    I&#39;m not saying that they are right or wrong & its not about how I&#39;ll feel at the end of the season. I just think its pretty accurate to the plain facts that we haven&#39;t signed drob yet, josh is out, & reed & harper are going to have to step up as the free agent pool is empty right now.

I&#39;m confident & hopeful it&#39;ll all work out somehow but I don&#39;t see how the article is innacurate at this point in time & I think maybe we&#39;re confusing some guy telling it like it is with vicious jetbashing.

on the other hand maybe I should be castrated & thrown under a fast moving truck for even thinking theirs trouble in jetsville. [/b][/quote]
    Guess you havent heard about the Chester McGlockton signing yet. B) Should do your homework before you throw yourself in front of a truck like that my friend.

All Pro
    Joewillie are you for real man, you should check the board more often dude shame on you&#33; we just signed DT CHESTER McGLOCKTON fearsome pass rusher, still has some juice left in him.I might have to ask jumba to revoke your SN, next time dont let the media screw up your train of JET thoughts man&#33;

Veteran
    thank god for idiots like me to make this board fun for you guys ehh?

what size truck would you guys prefer to see me dive under??? perhaps I&#39;ll pick a big green one in honor of the jets.

All League
    This article is null and void after today&#39;s signing

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetsflagboyz@Jul 15 2003, 04:53 PM
    This article is null and void after today&#39;s signing
    Obviously you are right but the point I was trying to make is still valid.

Veteran
    Originally posted by jetdawg@Jul 15 2003, 04:30 PM
    Joewillie are you for real man, you should check the board more often dude shame on you&#33; we just signed DT CHESTER McGLOCKTON fearsome pass rusher, still has some juice left in him.I might have to ask jumba to revoke your SN, next time dont let the media screw up your train of JET thoughts man&#33;
    my bad & please pardon the shoelace hanging from the corner of my mouth.

Rookie
    You are absolutely right&#33; We will be winning the division again this year&#33;

All League
    Originally posted by jetdawg@Jul 15 2003, 04:30 PM
    Boy, wish we had a "fearsome pass rusher" like Chester. He had 4 sacks last year&#33;....Oh, my bad&#33; He had 4 in 2/12 yrs&#33;

He&#39;s a stud all right. Been in the league 11 yrs and has gone to the Playoffs once, even though he played with the Raiders and Broncos for much of that time.

The man was going to retire, but Terry talked him into one more payday, giving up his lucrative coaching stint in NFL Europe... Now thats the type of motivated player I want on my roster, even if he&#39;s never played the "3T" in his life.

JoeWilly is on the mark. Chester is a good pickup given the lack of any other options.

Veteran
    ESPN is also showing a commercial from a game at Oakland when Jerry Rice scored a TD with Kevin Garnett and Michelle Kwan