Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Must Never Forget

All League
    Thomas Paine sure had it right.

Well done, Flow.

Charter JI Member
    I know I won't...I saw that link elsewhere a couple of weeks ago, thanks for posting it here.

Veteran
    Where is Bitonti to bash America?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Flow this link was recently provided in the political war thread if you have any comments please direct them there.

i don't have audio but let me guess, Enya is playing in the background?
    that song is the official theme song of 9-11

remembering the tragedy is of course something we should all do

but supporting fundamentally INCORRECT courses of action in response to the tragedy is another whole ball of wax

Sorry but running open-ended protectorates all over the world amounting to an American empire is not the correct reaction to remembering the tragedy of 9-11.

We now have soldiers in _over_ 100 countries and the 5B per month being spent in Iraq and Afghanistan on nation building is more than TRIPLE what the foreign aid budget allots, not just to those 2 countries but to the WHOLE WORLD.

19 suicidal jackasses (15 of which were SAUDI - remember them? our dear friends and allies the Saudis smile in our face and twist the knife in our back) doesn't give this nation the moral justification to become an imperial power - morality aside its not a smart way to deal with terrorism and it is bound to fail.

meanwhile it looks like the government and the rest of the nation has forgotten about 9-11 - the gov't promises hundreds of millions of funds in disaster relief rebuilding security etc - the only thing they have done was replace the fire trucks - everything else the people in Texas and Bible Belt could give a rats ass about New York aka Sodom.

gmo you might call this bashing America but i would rather call it rationally considering the TRUTH of the situation - not just eating what is fed to me like a good little sheep

and with that - watch this thread get deleted, in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...

All Pro
    I still say we should have brought out the nukes.

All League
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Jul 17 2003, 03:10 PM
    Where is Bitonti to bash America?
    That was unfair. And untrue.

Bit lives by his lights and beliefs same as everyone else does. He is no less a Patriotic American because he might not support individual choices of the current, or any government.

I happen to support the war in Iraq, for reasons atypical of most, but I respect tremendously those who do not.

Veteran
    Whatever Herm....I call em like I see em.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Jul 17 2003, 03:17 PM
    Whatever Herm....I call em like I see em.
    then you my friend are blind - if i hated america i wouldn't post at all

it takes a patriot to question his government - never forget that those horse's asses in Capital Hill, they work for us, the citizens, not the other way around.

Veteran
    OK tough guy....your always right, I forgot.

I think this post has officially become one that belongs on the political one. I'm in no mood to go round and round about it so let's just move on.

All League
    Bit,

I got a lot of respect for you bro. Being Anti-War doesn't equate to being non-patrotic.

Hall Of Fame
    This thread is defiitely getting closed in two seconds....

Veteran
    Terry you left on a line in your post to Bit

"Do you want me to leave it on your back or your chin tonight?"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by bitonti@Jul 17 2003, 03:14 PM
    Flow this link was recently provided in the political war thread if you have any comments please direct them there.
    I don't really read the political thread, so I didn't realize that it was posted within the 100 pages there.

Though some of the quotes may have a political bias, I think it's possible to view this link as simply a reminder of a great American tragedy that effected everyone on this board. I found it very moving, not from a political standpoint, but because it reminded me of the sights, sounds and smells that I witnessed blocks from my apartment.

We have a massive thread on the board that already divides left and right. Rather than create stone-throwing between the two parties, I was hoping this link could instead simply serve as a unifying reminder of a terrible day. Maybe I was wrong.

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by Flowtrain+Jul 17 2003, 03:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flowtrain @ Jul 17 2003, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti@Jul 17 2003, 03:14 PM
    I don&#39;t really read the political thread, so I didn&#39;t realize that it was posted within the 100 pages there.

Though some of the quotes may have a political bias, I think it&#39;s possible to view this link as simply a reminder of a great American tragedy that effected everyone on this board.

We have a massive thread on the board that already divides left and right. Rather than create stone-throwing between the two parties, I was hoping this link could instead serve as a unifying reminder of a terrible day. Maybe I was wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Your heart is in the right place Flow....this is not something to snipe at eachother about, good job.

Veteran
    Thanks for the link Flow.

We will never forget.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by bitonti@Jul 17 2003, 03:14 PM

remembering the tragedy is of course something we should all do

As Bitonti&#39;s self appointed Public Relation&#39;s man, I&#39;ve taken the liberty to edit Bitonti&#39;s post to make it more palatable to to the American mainstream.

(Stick with me Bitonti, and in less than a month I&#39;ll have everybody thinking you&#39;re a true blue, flag waving, God Bless America singing, yankee doodle dandie&#33

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

AWESOME FLOWTRAIN, but it`s a crime in itself that anyone should need to be reminded . Although I work in a county goverment building everyday I thank GOD ,It could have been this building and while i`m a little more careful at work about people hanging out who shouldn`t be and that briefcase a lawyer might have left behind . I refuse to let those people (THE TERRORISTS ) CHANGE my lifestyle ,i actually flew more last year then in previous years , I did 5 road JET GAMES instead of 3-4 . Enjoy life don`t let these people scare you out of it. .And the one question I ask folks here as far as remembering ,REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING months after the attack, NOT A CAR, HOUSE ,BUISSNESS ,DOG, CAT ,BICYCLE. NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY DIDN`T HAVE A FLAG ON IT ,It seems a shame that patriotism was fashionable cause you don`t see as many up as you use too .So if your one of the few who took yours down and never got around to replace it ,make tomorrow the day you do ,CAUSE IT MATTERS.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Thanks for the link, but I don&#39;t have audio either. Can this discussion be taken up on the political thread? This way we don&#39;t have to lock this one.

Rookie
    Wow......

Most all men would die to save his child......
    Some might die to save a friend.

But a True Hero is a stranger who would die to save my child and my friend.

GB...