Thread: For those who would like to know

Banned
    Green Bay Packers: The Packers bulked up their ability to stop the run by signing defensive tackle Steve Martin and they are awaiting the signing of defensive tackle Gilbert Brown.

Martin agreed to a one-year, $655,000 contract Sunday. Brown is expected Sunday or Monday to sign a one-year, $780,000 contract that includes a $25,000 signing bonus. Both may work together in some run stopping situations.

A seven-year veteran, Martin has played in 101 games. He started six games for the Patriots and played a total of 14 games. In 2001, he had 15 starts and had 212 tackles and 6 sacks.

The Packers' first practice for veterans will be Tuesday. Rookies reported Friday, practiced once on Saturday and had two practices Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Wahoo, go packers. LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Jul 20 2003, 03:58 PM
    Green Bay Packers: The Packers bulked up their ability to stop the run by signing defensive tackle Steve Martin
    Say again?

Veteran
    That fits!

Now the Cheese heads can root (boo) for the biggest Cheese-Puff of them all.

You guys were right last year.....That guys sucks. Angry

JetsInsider.com Legend
    one thing Pats and Jets fans can agree on...

Steve Martin SUCKS !@!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding all of the anti-Steve Martin sentiment. He was a worthwhile player for this team a few seasons ago, and helped plug what would've been a much bigger hole if he hadn't been there. Sure, he signed with the Pats last season, but still, the guy gave good effort when he was here. I just don't understand it.

Veteran
    Originally posted by scott dierking II@Jul 21 2003, 12:09 AM
    I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding all of the anti-Steve Martin sentiment. He was a worthwhile player for this team a few seasons ago, and helped plug what would've been a much bigger hole if he hadn't been there. Sure, he signed with the Pats last season, but still, the guy gave good effort when he was here. I just don't understand it.
    Watch some more game tapes.

The guy is the devil incarnate as far as I am concerned.

Banned
    Originally posted by scott dierking II@Jul 21 2003, 12:09 AM
    As a Pats fan, let me tell you: he sucks. He was released mid-season while the Pats still had a shot at the playoffs. That should tell you something.

All Pro
    Those packers are some wild and crazy guys.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Steve Martin sucks anyway

Marin sucks, but hes a good backup