Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jankees wuss out against the Blow Jays

Veteran
    I can understand being a little apprehensive about facing Roy Halladay. But can we stop talking about the Yankees as if they are the team to beat? Clearly, fat steinbrenner has NO CONFIDENCE WHATSOEVER in his $200 million team. Why else would he call off the game tonight when there is minimal rain?!?!? Yeah right, and we (the rest of the league) are supposed to be afraid of these has beens?

Give me a break! I hope this means Pedro will be facing Fat Wells on Friday night, since the rotation will be juggled! Whats worse...the Yankees has a history of doing this...

It reminds me of the time when fat george cried about the BoSox interleague schedule, sayig we had it easier when NOBODY from the BoSox front office said ONE word about the fact that the Yankees got to play the Met-a-mucils 6 times!!!

Isnt there no crying in baseball?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mighty cocky there dewbag&#33;&#33; <_<

Veteran
    dewbag? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Veteran
    Yes, I&#39;m sure the FIRST PLACE Yankees are terrified of the Blue Jays who sit comfortably in third place, 10 games back. Especially with Hallady having an astonishing 2-2 record against the Yanks this year. Why does such a riddiculous statement come as absolutely no surprise?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It was directed at you. Do you think it was a compliment?

If so, I have a few more compliments for you&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Jul 22 2003, 08:15 PM
    Yes, I&#39;m sure the FIRST PLACE Yankees are terrified of the Blue Jays who sit comfortably in third place, 10 games back. Especially with Hallady having an astonishing 2-2 record against the Yanks this year. Why does such a riddiculous statement come as absolutely no surprise?
    ...because it is NOT a ridiculous statement, the Yankees do this all the time. And Roy Halladay has won 14 starts in a row, dude, it is not so crazy to suggest they are ducking him&#33; Let&#39;s just not insinuate that they&#39;re some impervious team without a chink in the armor, or several.

Hall Of Fame
    why do you guys answer this dickhead???

Veteran
    Good call mean bro, I think we all realize JBF posts his "opinions" simply out of jealousy, not as a baseball fan with any knowledge of the game. To say the yankees "do this all the time" is moronic. Right, the Yankees have 65 rain outs a year right? And especially against the sorry ass sox. Those are the games the Yankees fear most. Oh by the way, whats the Yankees record vs. the Blosox this year? Not to mention the past 85 years.

I vow from here on, never to respond to any Yankee related posts from JBF.

Thanks for helping me see the light MeanBro.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Jul 22 2003, 08:20 PM
    I really enjoy his posts&#33;&#33;

I love seeing his spin after numerous false predictions&#33;&#33;

Actually, I kinda like the dewbag&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Hey genius, Andy Pettitte was scheduled to go for the Yankees.

That would be the same Andy Pettite who the Yankees tossed out there verses Pedro a few weeks ago ... AND THE YANKEES WON&#33;&#33;

But they were afraid to match him up with Halliday?

Get real, will ya please ... there was a friggin thunderstorm when the Yanks put the kaboosh on this game.

I&#39;m talkin ... THUNDERSTORMS&#33;&#33;

As in, massive flooding and 7,000 homes lost power on S.I. alone&#33;&#33;

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of your childish bull&#036;hit

Banned
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Jul 22 2003, 08:20 PM
    LOL :lol:

Now that is the million dollar question ... and I&#39;ll be damned if I have a sufficient answer?

Veteran
    His posts are funny...I&#39;ve never seen a fan have such little objectivity before.

He is really a very knowledgeable fan, he just can&#39;t get past the mentality of "Red Sox Rule - Yankees Drool"

Maxman
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 22 2003, 08:09 PM
    I can understand being a little apprehensive about facing Roy Halladay. But can we stop talking about the Yankees as if they are the team to beat? Clearly, fat steinbrenner has NO CONFIDENCE WHATSOEVER in his &#036;200 million team. Why else would he call off the game tonight when there is minimal rain?&#33;?&#33;? Yeah right, and we (the rest of the league) are supposed to be afraid of these has beens?

Give me a break&#33; I hope this means Pedro will be facing Fat Wells on Friday night, since the rotation will be juggled&#33; Whats worse...the Yankees has a history of doing this...

It reminds me of the time when fat george cried about the BoSox interleague schedule, sayig we had it easier when NOBODY from the BoSox front office said ONE word about the fact that the Yankees got to play the Met-a-mucils 6 times&#33;&#33;&#33;

Isnt there no crying in baseball?
    Do you live in the area? It is pouring here. It is raining harder then I ever remember seeing it rain.

This is weak. Even by JBF standards.

You must be reaching because your are going through Brandon Lyon withdrawal.

Veteran
    First off Pettitte did not pitch against pedro, Mussina did. By the way I hope the rotation stays the same cause the 2 are scheduled to pitch again Friday night. I am hoping to see that matchup.

By the way this is the 2nd time less than a month that steinbrenner pulled something like this, the 1st being right before the Red Sox came to town, that way Weaver would not be in the rotation, and he could set up his top 4 starters for the series.

I think its pretty smart, but I would much rather see the yankees just play the games and step up, instead of pulling all these lame rain out tactics.But it is pretty smart thing to do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Minimal rain? When I left Manhattan at 6 pm, it was a freaking monsoon. Here on Long Island, streets in my neighborhood are flooded curb to curb. Stick to making at least semi-valid points bro.

Veteran
    Oh yeah that makes alot of sense. Blow off a 55,000 gate cause they are afraid of Halliday.

C&#39;mon, you can come up with something better than that. I mean afterall isn&#39;t George all about the money ?

Maxman
    Originally posted by shakin318@Jul 22 2003, 08:40 PM
    Minimal rain? When I left Manhattan at 6 pm, it was a freaking monsoon. Here on Long Island, streets in my neighborhood are flooded curb to curb. Stick to making at least semi-valid points bro.
    Thank you Shakin. I am in NJ and the walk from the gym to the car got me drenched. If that is minimal rain I don&#39;t want to see a downpour.

I think JBF is really upset because the Sox traded Brandon Lyon and got back a situational lefty. A 23 year old arm for a 30 year old lefty who pitches 40-50 innings a year.

The same Brandon Lyon that JBF said he wouldn&#39;t trade straight up for Marinao Rivera. Nice. No wonder he is in such a bad mood.

Then he has the nerve to act happy about this trade. Which way is it:
    1. Brandon Lyon is a future Hall Of Famer that the Sox just dumped at the tender old age of 23? (He must be if he is better than Mariano).

or

2. Brandon Lyon is an overrated prospect and the Sox stol Sauerbeck?

Veteran
    Just to let everyone know, i live on the upper east side, about a 10 minute 4 train from the stadium, and yes it was pouring at around 6, but by 7:30 it was fine, and has remained fine, and the game could have easily been played.

Rookie
    JBF- This was to be Toronto&#39;s last game in the Bronx all season. In that situation, (last time a team is visiting a certain ballpark for the year) it is the UMPIRES who decide when to call the game.

I&#39;ve asked it before, I&#39;ll ask it again- Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Maxman@Jul 22 2003, 08:45 PM
    I think JBF is really upset because the Sox traded Brandon Lyon and got back a situational lefty. A 23 year old arm for a 30 year old lefty who pitches 40-50 innings a year.

The same Brandon Lyon that JBF said he wouldn&#39;t trade straight up for Marinao Rivera. Nice. No wonder he is in such a bad mood.

Then he has the nerve to act happy about this trade. Which way is it:
    1. Brandon Lyon is a future Hall Of Famer that the Sox just dumped at the tender old age of 23? (He must be if he is better than Mariano).

or

2. Brandon Lyon is an overrated prospect and the Sox stol Sauerbeck?
    :lol:

I LOVE IT